Mark-Anthony Kaye

Dub Narcotic

On 3/11/2019 at 12:25 AM, Jahinho Guerro said:

Opened the scoring for LAFC against Portland. 

The Mak is back baby.

I thought the better line would have been ‘Return of the MAK’. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1D9wWxd2w

Edited by Greatest Cockney Rip Off

• 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

Don’t mean to be that guy but vela is a knob, just kick it in the net. You  don’t dribble it slowly in and look like a ass.

Especially when you’re in that position because of a mistake! Not like he dribbled around the squad. 

6 hours ago, Kent said:

Yeah, taking his legs out would have shown him... I mean your team would play short handed for 82 minutes and it would all but seal the loss early on, but I am sure he would learn his lesson.

I was thinking about this when I saw it too. But if it was tied in the 82nd minute instead of 8th it's actually a smart play. Red Card + Penalty Kick vs Sure goal

13 hours ago, Kent said:

Yeah, taking his legs out would have shown him... I mean your team would play short handed for 82 minutes and it would all but seal the loss early on, but I am sure he would learn his lesson.

But we are Canadians, we have no idea what it means to think tactically to win games, we are in  default hack hockey mode and struggle to get out of that mindset.

13 hours ago, Yoginess said:

I was thinking about this when I saw it too. But if it was tied in the 82nd minute instead of 8th it's actually a smart play. Red Card + Penalty Kick vs Sure goal

Yeah, late in the game where the goal loses you point(s) is a totally different story. But it's still about stopping the goal and giving your keeper a chance. Not about some macho BS about being disrespected by how the other team is scoring on you. If you don't like it, don't let them walk in like that.

1 hour ago, Kent said:

Yeah, late in the game where the goal loses you point(s) is a totally different story. But it's still about stopping the goal and giving your keeper a chance. Not about some macho BS about being disrespected by how the other team is scoring on you. If you don't like it, don't let them walk in like that.

Yes the idiot was close to getting the ball knocked away so probably got shit from his coach afterwards for risking the goal. If he pissed someone off enough to take him out I wouldn't feel sorry for him but at the same time you don't really solve a situation of doing something unsportsmanlike by doing something even more unsportsmanlike.

15 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Yes the idiot was close to getting the ball knocked away so probably got shit from his coach afterwards for risking the goal. If he pissed someone off enough to take him out I wouldn't feel sorry for him but at the same time you don't really solve a situation of doing something unsportsmanlike by doing something even more unsportsmanlike.

Pretty sure the intent under those circumstances is not really to "solve" anything - at least it usually wasn't in the PEI first division. 

A lot of MLS analysts are raving about him, some saying he has a good chance of becoming an MLS all-star

Edited by Guest

37 minutes ago, Obinna said:

LAFC are the early shield favorite, of course he is getting shine. That's the way it goes. If the Impact were top of the league destroying teams like DC by 4 goals, you bet fans and pundits alike would have Sam Piette's name on their lips.

I think MAK currently ranks ahead of Piette. He's the closest thing to a new Hutchinson as we have imo.

That being said from what I've noticed the American MLS analysts don't pay as much attention to the Canadian teams. Especially Montreal and Vancouver. I remember watching the MLS All-Star game and Taylor Twellman basically commented on Piatti like "Wow this guy is so good. Nobody knows about this guy because he plays in Montreal".

So even if Montreal was doing well I'm not sure Piette would be getting the same notice.

Edited by mpg_29

5 hours ago, Obinna said:

Agree with you both. Kaye definitely has a higher ceiling. Just pointing out that Kaye's ganaring attention, in part, because LAFC has had a fantastic start. 

If he were putting in those performances in Montreal, and Piette was doing what he does in LA, the narritaves would swap as well.

Not only does Kaye have the higher ceiling, I think he's above Piette right now.  Don't get me wrong, I love Piette and if my life depended on someone winning a 50-50 ball, I'd choose him over Kaye but in every other aspect, Kaye is a better player.