Jordan Hamilton

Yohan

On 8/27/2019 at 4:49 PM, Lansdude said:

Obvious talent, but not clinical enough at a high level to be a consistent first choice attacker. Players like this, given enough minutes, can eventually figure out a risk-level and strategy that works for their game but J Hams isn't going to get the chances week in week out.

Shame cause he's like a black Chris Pine.

Really? My thoughts on him was that he was a great finisher. It is everything else that could be better. He doesn't press well, doesn't hold up that well, etc. He's not that great at the little things, but he tends to finish his chances pretty well. He doesn't create his own chances either.

I still have a soft spot for him. He didn't turn out as great as I thought he might a few years ago, but he's still a useful and underrated player imo.

• 1 month later...

Looks like he may become a free agent, Columbus may negotiate.   https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/10/21/mensah-santos-trapp-return-columbus-crew-announce-roster-decisions      "The Crew added that they remain in negotiations with Harrison Afful, who is currently out of contract, while stating that decisions regarding defender Connor Maloney and forward Jordan Hamilton, as well as out-of-contract forward Romario Williams, "will be decided in November when roster decisions are due."

• 1 month later...

I'm actually a bit surprised they resigned him because he barely played after the trade, except for the last game against TFC. But Bez's comments in the quote almost come across as a veiled mild criticism of the coach for a lack of playing time of the players he traded for. Anyway, good for Jordan, I hope he does well against everyone except TFC.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
33 minutes ago, Bdog said:

No offence but does he even get recognized as a winner, similar to EPL players who don’t play enough games?

Either way I’m happy to see Seattle lose!

Sergio Camargo has a 2017 MLS Cup ring even though he never played a single minute for TFC.

• 2 months later...
16 minutes ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

Maybe they sign AJH too and use them as a strike tandem up front

I do wonder why not. AJH said he had offers elsewhere, I’d wonder why a CDN team didn’t offer Hamilton a spot for depth or even another mls team. However the pay in USL may have been better.

Hes sick of being a backup

“I’m excited to come to Indy Eleven and want to thank Martin Rennie and Ersal Ozdemir for the opportunity. Martin and I have been in contact over the years and I feel he is the right coach for me, and now is the time in my career to be relied upon,”

• 1 month later...

worth checking out but Hamilton has high praise for the talent in that area but took big shots at the old management... for not playing the kids. On a few occasions he’s praised current management for backing the kids and playing them. 

makes you wonder how good some guys would have turned out if TFC had of taken youth development seriously.

he goes on to essentially back Rollins who once said Roma was impressed with the raw talent in the area, saying that Ontario teams always competed world wide talent wise. That’s a bold statement.

I think it’s probably pretty fair to say that Ontario develops a lot of high quality youth players - to the age of 16 or 17.  Then there remains this big problem of how to get them to pros.

There is a tremendous amount of talent coming up that either dies on the vine, goes to another country for development or gets caught in the TFC Academy quagmire.

If I was a scout in Europe, Ontario is one of the great untapped markets.  

51 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

I think it’s probably pretty fair to say that Ontario develops a lot of high quality youth players - to the age of 16 or 17.  Then there remains this big problem of how to get them to pros.

There is a tremendous amount of talent coming up that either dies on the vine, goes to another country for development or gets caught in the TFC Academy quagmire.

Hopefully the CPL aids in this, it is still too early to tell the impact it will have having only played one full season, I am optimistic the league will provide a good opportunity for talented youth to be exposed to a pro environment!

1 hour ago, baulderdash77 said:

I think that can be said for the MTL area and the BC area as well.

curious how much of the sub content is now CDN’s across the board... specifically young Canadians. Each of our MLS teams could field an all Canadian XI.

1 hour ago, baulderdash77 said:

From a westerners perspective, I’ve always thought that Ontario youth had more opportunities than anywhere else in the country. They have the most professional and semi-pro options, the best pathway to pro, the best scouting network, and their youth players often seem to be preferred when it comes to youth national team selection. I suppose you could argue there is more competition, but that’s also a positive imo. 

44 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

I think that can be said for the MTL area and the BC area as well.

curious how much of the sub content is now CDN’s across the board... specifically young Canadians. Each of our MLS teams could field an all Canadian XI.

Could be said - but it’s no where close. Just look at our national team. 

I personally think the Whitecaps does the best job of scouting/finding talent. A lot of BC pro players seem to be connected to the Whitecaps organization at some point. Whereas there’s a lot of Ontario pro players, that have different routes outside of TFC. That is largely due to the massive demographic of talented players within Southeast Ontario that usually go unnoticed.

Reason why I think for York/Forge to get to the next stage, or solidify themselves within the football landscape. It’s imperative for them to have full academies - and not the Vaughn/Sigma loose connections.