Jordan Hamilton

Yohan

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know whether to be happy or concerned. When your no longer needed at a second divison portugese side headed for relegation, it doesn't exactly flatter your reputation. We can blame the coaching change, that is easy, but perhaps he just wasn't ready.

If he's not ready at that level, will he be ready for MLS? Another season in USL Pro is more likely, and honestly, that is likely a drop from where he is at the moment.

I don't know whether to be happy or concerned. When your no longer needed at a second divison portugese side headed for relegation, it doesn't exactly flatter your reputation. We can blame the coaching change, that is easy, but perhaps he just wasn't ready.

If he's not ready at that level, will he be ready for MLS? Another season in USL Pro is more likely, and honestly, that is likely a drop from where he is at the moment.

Not really. It was pretty obvious after Trofense sacked their coach, the new guy was not a fan of Hamilton. He's 18 turning 19 next year. USL Pro is perfect for him. And he will probably get some minutes with TFC next season.

I would love to see Hamilton in the senior TFC squad next year. It looks like Weideman is gone, more than likely Defoe and potentially even Dike. If this is the case, TFC will be very thin up top and he could fit in quite well. I would much rather take a chance on him for several reasons, he has been with TFCA for quite a  few years, is a Canadian and he is much younger than most players coming out of NCAA. Cup games would be great for him! maybe he can be shared with the USL Pro team.

I would love to see Hamilton in the senior TFC squad next year. It looks like Weideman is gone, more than likely Defoe and potentially even Dike. If this is the case, TFC will be very thin up top and he could fit in quite well. I would much rather take a chance on him for several reasons, he has been with TFCA for quite a  few years, is a Canadian and he is much younger than most players coming out of NCAA. Cup games would be great for him! maybe he can be shared with the USL Pro team.

unless Hamilton somehow shows helluva a lot of improvement from what he's shown so far, he'll be the 4-5th striker on TFC roster.

too much hangs on 2015 season for TFC to risk giving an unproven kid too much mins. TFC will go after more experienced players to lead the line

some Cup games and USL pro for Hamilton for next season I think

^ of course they will try to acquire experienced players - I don't think they should ever hang their hats on anyone for that matter but he has a lot of potential. I have seen him play quite a few times and he has always impressed. I will make a bold prediction right now: Hamilton will be 2nd or 3rd striker for TFC by year end 2015.

Sorry Yohan, but you and I have a history and I just can not fathom having a discussion about players abilities from someone who thought Nick Garcia was TFC's saviour a few years back. The love you had for him stained my interest in your opinion forever.

Of course not.  I'm not going to sit here and start that argument again, but no, barring absolute crap coaching it's clear he's not MLS ready.

^ of course they will try to acquire experienced players - I don't think they should ever hang their hats on anyone for that matter but he has a lot of potential. I have seen him play quite a few times and he has always impressed. I will make a bold prediction right now: Hamilton will be 2nd or 3rd striker for TFC by year end 2015.

Sorry Yohan, but you and I have a history and I just can not fathom having a discussion about players abilities from someone who thought Nick Garcia was TFC's saviour a few years back. The love you had for him stained my interest in your opinion forever.

and unlikely a lot of people, I'm always prepared to admit that I was wrong. Garcia was a serviceable MLS player until he got traded to TFC, though he's not the first decent MLS player to shit the bed after coming to Toronto

nobody is perfect, and we all get few things wrong from time to time, even the experts

Edited by Yohan

Not really. It was pretty obvious after Trofense sacked their coach, the new guy was not a fan of Hamilton. He's 18 turning 19 next year. USL Pro is perfect for him. And he will probably get some minutes with TFC next season.

How many goals did he score before the new coach?

Exactly.

He had his chance and didn't produce. Pretty reasonable to speculate whether or not the level was too high for him.

If I am not being a bias Canadian fan, I look at this and say "too bad he never got his chance, but meh, it wasn't like he was scoring before the coaching change".

How many goals did he score before the new coach?

Exactly.

He had his chance and didn't produce. Pretty reasonable to speculate whether or not the level was too high for him.

If I am not being a bias Canadian fan, I look at this and say "too bad he never got his chance, but meh, it wasn't like he was scoring before the coaching change".

It's a relegation-battling team... and they keep losing every game like 3-0. Clearly scoring is a problem for them across the board. Plus it was his first experience abroad, no one expected him to light it up.

• 2 weeks later...

So, playing time aside, it seems like this loan with CD Trofense has made Hamilton more of a professional.  I like the fact that he was put in a situation where he had to prove himself and face a little adversity.  I think more of our younger players could use that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Well, didn't see that coming. Hamilton now has his opportunity to get regular sub appearances behind Giovinco and Altidore. The opportunity is staring him in the face. Hope he takes the ball and runs with it like Larin did a year ago!

Edited by shermanator