Jordan Hamilton

Yohan

Kurt Larson is indicating that with the release of Gomez that Babouli will be signed. I think Babouli will get a similar opportunity to Hamilton, although I see Hamilton as more of a striker and Babouli is a little more adaptable and can play on the wing. Personally, I'm not on the Babouli bandwagon although I have been more impressed with him this preseason compared to anything I saw last year.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/03/01/toronto-fc-parts-ways-with-herculez-gomez

3 hours ago, shermanator said:

Kurt Larson is indicating that with the release of Gomez that Babouli will be signed. I think Babouli will get a similar opportunity to Hamilton, although I see Hamilton as more of a striker and Babouli is a little more adaptable and can play on the wing. Personally, I'm not on the Babouli bandwagon although I have been more impressed with him this preseason compared to anything I saw last year.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/03/01/toronto-fc-parts-ways-with-herculez-gomez

He is also a '93 (Hamilton a '96) so age may have something to do with it?

• 4 months later...

He has looked real good lately.  Had a couple good chances again last night.  I give credit to Chapman too.  I was not a fan of his game, but the last 3 games he's done pretty well.  Still gives the ball away too often, but he has looked much better.

Gotta agree with lots of the commentary here. It seemed like the V's Cup games was a really important chance for him (almost last chance saloon?) and he really took them.  Between him and Larin, I'm definetly excited about our leading 9's in MLS now. But could they play together? 

19 minutes ago, zeelaw1555362314 said:

Gotta agree with lots of the commentary here. It seemed like the V's Cup games was a really important chance for him (almost last chance saloon?) and he really took them.  Between him and Larin, I'm definetly excited about our leading 9's in MLS now. But could they play together? 

Probably, but Floro doesn't use two strikers.

As much as I love Hamilton, in a 4-3-3 set up he wouldn't start. He would be Larin's backup in that situation with akindele out right and Hoilett left, mid of Arfield, Hutch, Johnson and a combination of 8 CB's and De Jong for 4 spots along the back line.

Would be quite the interesting formation moving forward but we know we won't be moving away from the 4-1-4-1 anytime soon.

3 hours ago, pint said:

As much as I love Hamilton, in a 4-3-3 set up he wouldn't start. He would be Larin's backup in that situation with akindele out right and Hoilett left, mid of Arfield, Hutch, Johnson and a combination of 8 CB's and De Jong for 4 spots along the back line.

Would be quite the interesting formation moving forward but we know we won't be moving away from the 4-1-4-1 anytime soon.

I am glad Ricketts is now with TFC - it gives us a chance to see him week in and week out. We'll be able to compare his performances with Akindele, who gets the benefit of the doubt because we get to see his MLS performances.  

I suspect the preference for Akindele may change if Ricketts settles in right away. He's already off to a good start.

Edited by Obinna

4 hours ago, pint said:

Even though I love Dutch, and modern day German and Belgium football so much, I would say 4-3-3 is the way to go. However, since we're still limited talent wise, we might benefit by going top heavy with two strikers.

Edited by Macksam

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Jordan Hamilton needs to be moved on after this season is over. He's not going to play over Giovinco and Altidore but his age, domestic status, cheap contract and good /90 numbers mean that someone else in the league would surely love to get him in their lineup. If I was him I would force the issue as much as possible.

1 hour ago, yothat said:

Jordan Hamilton needs to be moved on after this season is over. He's not going to play over Giovinco and Altidore but his age, domestic status, cheap contract and good /90 numbers mean that someone else in the league would surely love to get him in their lineup. If I was him I would force the issue as much as possible.

I am sure Vancouver would take him. Their depth at CF is pretty bad. Start Montero, sub in Hamilton if they need a goal. Having Hamilton central and Reyna and Montero a little bit more loose at the end of a game would do wonders. Defence wouldn't know who to watch. The problem is Vancouver really doesn't have anything to give Toronto...

8 hours ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

I am sure Vancouver would take him. Their depth at CF is pretty bad. Start Montero, sub in Hamilton if they need a goal. Having Hamilton central and Reyna and Montero a little bit more loose at the end of a game would do wonders. Defence wouldn't know who to watch. The problem is Vancouver really doesn't have anything to give Toronto...

Draft pick and magic beans (ie allocation money)

Is he a domestic league wide?

Hard to tell who these pathetic rules apply to.

"A Canadian player will now count as a domestic player as long as he became a member of a MLS club academy, either in the U.S. or Canada, or a Canadian approved youth club in the year prior to the year in which he turned 16. The CSA will identify the several dozen youth programs across the country to develop players."

Edited by BrennanFan

13 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

Is he a domestic league wide?

Hard to tell who these pathetic rules apply to.

"A Canadian player will now count as a domestic player as long as he became a member of a MLS club academy, either in the U.S. or Canada, or a Canadian approved youth club in the year prior to the year in which he turned 16. The CSA will identify the several dozen youth programs across the country to develop players."

Jordan Hamilton is a domestic player league-wide. I believe he and David Choiniere were the players specifically mentioned in the MLS press release as examples of players who would become domestic player immediately.

4 minutes ago, Kent said:

Did anyone else think this new rule change has the potential to get Hamilton into an extra time game, especially if Giovinco or Altidore are gassed/cramping? Or is that still too much to ask for?

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/08/17/mls-allow-fourth-substitution-extra-time-2017-postseason-matches

I doubt Hamilton gets on the field before Ricketts in the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

I doubt Hamilton gets on the field before Ricketts in the playoffs.

I agree, but last playoffs Ricketts was consistently getting on the field already with there only being 3 subs allowed. I'm thinking there is a chance (probably slight unfortunately) that Hamilton could be an extra time, 4th sub, plan B option if they are in a position to either pull one of their starters due to fatigue/injury, or if they are dominating a team in possession such that they can pull a more defensive player off in favour of Hamilton.