Jordan Hamilton

Yohan

That training ground (or stadium?) looks pretty ghetto. You could really mistake that for a club in Uruguay or something. 

I believe that must be the training ground.

135888_ori_estadio_clube_desportivo_trof

This may be the stadium, which looks better.

** Image was first shown in RPB forum (no credit to me)

• 3 months later...

The loan doesn't seem to be going well as he is stapled to the bench right now. There is a Trofense supporter who's posted on the RPB boards giving his opinion that Hamilton is lazy and uninterested. Doesn't seem to match what I've seen when he played in Wilmington but I haven't seen him play in Portugal yet.

The loan doesn't seem to be going well as he is stapled to the bench right now. There is a Trofense supporter who's posted on the RPB boards giving his opinion that Hamilton is lazy and uninterested. Doesn't seem to match what I've seen when he played in Wilmington but I haven't seen him play in Portugal yet.

Reform Pension Board?

It is odd no one knows when Hamilton's loan ends. I imagine TFC would want him for pre-season. If anything I would assume they would rather have Hamilton playing for their USL side, if it's launched, rather than Portugal.

I read somewhere (I can't remember where?) that Hamilton's loan is done end of spring, but the way things are going right now, I wouldn't be surprised if he returns to TFC end of this year.   

I read somewhere (I can't remember where?) that Hamilton's loan is done end of spring, but the way things are going right now, I wouldn't be surprised if he returns to TFC end of this year.   

I hope he returns. It looks like it is going really bad for him in Portugal. I don't know why he was taken away from Wilmington. Trofense have been crap and are probably going to get relegated.

I hope he returns. It looks like it is going really bad for him in Portugal. I don't know why he was taken away from Wilmington. Trofense have been crap and are probably going to get relegated.

Hindsight is 20/20. He was doing well with Wilmington, and that was carried over to Trofense, then it would have been great.

Also, if I'm not mistaken the Portugese Segunda Liga plays a 46 game season. 13 games have been played so far. That leaves 33 games remaining. Maybe I'm being optimistic, but I think we will see Hamilton get some decent playing time by the end of the season. All that is needed is an injury or two, have him pot a goal, and he is back in the picture. People need to be a bit more patient I think

Hindsight is 20/20. He was doing well with Wilmington, and that was carried over to Trofense, then it would have been great.

Also, if I'm not mistaken the Portugese Segunda Liga plays a 46 game season. 13 games have been played so far. That leaves 33 games remaining. Maybe I'm being optimistic, but I think we will see Hamilton get some decent playing time by the end of the season. All that is needed is an injury or two, have him pot a goal, and he is back in the picture. People need to be a bit more patient I think

They recently changed coaches, and if I am not mistaken the new dude has given Hamilton less time to play. It looks like he's not a fan.

If TFC paid $2M for the loan as reported then there is probably a PT clause in the loan agreement and Hamilton will have to be given some time eventually - could be garbage time when the team is mathematically already relegated.

TFC PAID for the loan? Isn't it usually the other way around?

I wouldve just kept him in USL. Talk about wasting money.

They recently changed coaches, and if I am not mistaken the new dude has given Hamilton less time to play. It looks like he's not a fan.

Regardless, he is still usually on the bench, so one or two injuries with 33 games left and he is getting playing time at a higher level than USL Pro

TFC PAID for the loan? Isn't it usually the other way around?

I wouldve just kept him in USL. Talk about wasting money.

That's the rumour...so Hamilton can get an EU passport. Guessing part or most of the money is going to Porruguese gov't??

I thought we had de-bunked the rumour that TFC paid Trofense $2 mil for Hamilton? As per this article, the loan included the option to purchase Hamilton from TFC for $2 mil. Unless there are other articles out there stating otherwise I think there might be some rumour mongering going around....

The deal includes the option for the second division club to purchase Hamilton following the loan for a fee of two million dollars as well as a provision for Trofense to get a portion of the profits from any future sale of Hamilton to another club down the road.

http://www.wakingthered.com/2014/8/1/5959017/jordan-hamilton-cd-trofense-loan-deal-two-million-dollars-toronto-fc-partnership '> http://www.wakingthered.com/2014/8/1/5959017/jordan-hamilton-cd-trofense-loan-deal-two-million-dollars-toronto-fc-partnership 

Edited by shermanator

I thought we had de-bunked the rumour that TFC paid Trofense $2 mil for Hamilton? As per this article, the loan included the option to purchase Hamilton from TFC for $2 mil. Unless there are other articles out there stating otherwise I think there might be some rumour mongering going around....

http://www.wakingthered.com/2014/8/1/5959017/jordan-hamilton-cd-trofense-loan-deal-two-million-dollars-toronto-fc-partnership

Sorry, didn't get the memo..

Okay, glad there aren't any other articles. If TFC really wanted to get Jordan Hamilton in the EU, they could have just done what they did with Doneil, without having to pay (if I understand correctly)

IMO, I think TFC would be wise to recall Jordan from the loan when the next training camp opens up if he is no longer seeing minutes in Portugal.