Jordan Hamilton

Yohan

Best of luck to him in Columbus.  Hopefully he can get on the field a bit more there.  

It would seem that besides Gyasi Zardes they don't really have any really good strikers.  So hopefully that will be the case.

(I didn't realize that Pat Onstad was the Technical Director there, so maybe the Canadian connection helped this move to get done)

15 hours ago, Acid-Tone said:

Best of luck to him in Columbus.  Hopefully he can get on the field a bit more there.  

It would seem that besides Gyasi Zardes they don't really have any really good strikers.  So hopefully that will be the case.

(I didn't realize that Pat Onstad was the Technical Director there, so maybe the Canadian connection helped this move to get done)

I'm sure Bezbatchenko being there helped things as well.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Back in the game day roster today.  Wow, goes from 4 goals in 600 min to barely being in the squad for bottom feeder columbus.  

Starting to look like a Raheem Edwards situation. 

I think he should drop a level to USL / CanPL and start tearing it up there. 

You can't blame him for resigning at TFC, there would be much more money there than in the CPL, he was probably told he would get a fair chance to play otherwise why would they bother signing him? The way things unfolded for him were quite predictable given this management team at TFC, I hope he is able to play in CPL next season to get his career back on track!

17 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Back in the game day roster today.  Wow, goes from 4 goals in 600 min to barely being in the squad for bottom feeder columbus.  

Columbus majorly upgraded their forward depth in addition to Hamilton at the time they acquired him, also getting Accam & Williams. He is 4th on the depth chart there, whereas I would put him 2nd if he were still at TFC. It's been a bad trade for him thus far, while for TFC Mullins hasn't been an upgrade, largely invisible when he starts and has only scored a couple of tap-ins that one would expect Jordan Hamilton to convert as well (to be fair to Mullins, I woudn't have said the same thing about Terrence Boyd).

Williams is some great commodity??  He is 25, he couldnt break through in MTL, spent a year in USL, couldnt break get time in ATL.  Hamilton is 2 years younger and already scored a bunch at MLS level.  And Hamilton tore it up at USL level (same as willimas) the last 2 years when he went down.  I dont see what he did that pissed off Vanney so much.  I hope some CPL team has enough money to get him for next year.  

19 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Columbus majorly upgraded their forward depth in addition to Hamilton at the time they acquired him, also getting Accam & Williams. He is 4th on the depth chart there, whereas I would put him 2nd if he were still at TFC. It's been a bad trade for him thus far, while for TFC Mullins hasn't been an upgrade, largely invisible when he starts and has only scored a couple of tap-ins that one would expect Jordan Hamilton to convert as well (to be fair to Mullins, I woudn't have said the same thing about Terrence Boyd).

I had no idea who "Williams" was, so I looked up Columbus' roster. Apparently they have 2 forwards named Williams (JJ and Romario) in addition to a defender named Williams. Based on their stat sheets, neither of the forwards look like they should be ahead of Hamilton, but I don't believe I've ever actually seen them play (except for Hamilton).

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

Maybe he it's a training or attitude problem? Doesn't seem like that from anything we have heard or seen written in the past though?

Real shame. Looked like a half decent move for him at the start.

I doubt it, this is just what happens to the grand majority of Canadians in American MLS Teams. They never get a fair shot

Not sure when his contract expires, but I think he should consider going overseas, possibly Scandinavia.

You see the success Adekugbe is having with Valerenga. Hamilton has accrued much more MLS experience and despite never nailing down a starting spot, he's scored a fair number of goals. I think Norway would be a good launching pad for him, as would Sweden or Finland, though Denmark would likely be tougher. He needs to go where he can get minutes.

Hamilton is one of those players who I wouldn't reccomend go to the CPL. Even if he scored buckets of goals, I don't think his stock will raise that much in our domestic league. I could be wrong, but considering the experience he already has in MLS and USL, I think he should try a lower level European league.

4 hours ago, Kent said:

I had no idea who "Williams" was, so I looked up Columbus' roster. Apparently they have 2 forwards named Williams (JJ and Romario) in addition to a defender named Williams. Based on their stat sheets, neither of the forwards look like they should be ahead of Hamilton, but I don't believe I've ever actually seen them play (except for Hamilton).

Romario Williams is the guy who scored the (eventual) game winner against us from outside the box at the 2017 Gold Cup so you may have seen him play before, even if you don't remember it (assuming that you watched that game of course). While I'm not saying he's the second coming of Marco Van Baasten or anything like that, he's a couple of years older than Jordan and I think closer to his prime and with greater experience is just ahead of Jordan in terms of being an accomplished striker. Jordan doesn't count as an international though and still as a homegrown player (the way Delgado does for TFC) so maybe he will stay longer term at Columbus as a result.On the other hand, he never makes it off the bench for them so maybe he will never play a single minute for them.

4 hours ago, Kent said:

had no idea who "Williams" was, so I looked up Columbus' roster. Apparently they have 2 forwards named Williams (JJ and Romario) in addition to a defender named Williams. Based on their stat sheets, neither of the forwards look like they should be ahead of Hamilton, but I don't believe I've ever actually seen them play (except for Hamilton).

Pretty sure you have as I think you watch all the CMNT games. He scored on us in the '17 Gold Cup, Romario Williams that is.Gian-Luca replied to this as well while I was posting.

Edited by to70

4 hours ago, toontownman said:

Maybe he it's a training or attitude problem? Doesn't seem like that from anything we have heard or seen written in the past though?

Real shame. Looked like a half decent move for him at the start.

Watching him play for TFC all these years made it frustrating to watch. He has so much talent, yet so little drive.

43 minutes ago, to70 said:

Pretty sure you have as I think you watch all the CMNT games. He scored on us in the '17 Gold Cup, Romario Williams that is.Gian-Luca replied to this as well while I was posting.

Well in that case all I remember about him is that he's a jerk :)

Hamilton does need to get involved in the build up and pressing more, but his "laziness" is also an asset when attacking as it helps him find the dead space. I mean, take a look at this goal: 

If he attacks the loose ball with max effort then he probably doesn't score, but his stealthy running lulled the defender into a false sense of security. Don't get me wrong, the defender should have still cleared it, but on that play I think Hamilton showed his intelligence.

I see no reason why Hamilton wouldn't be able to find a club in Europe that would play him week in and week out and where he could score loads of goals. I'm not sure he's ever gonna get paid a bunch or be called up consistently, but he could have a nice career if he wanted.

Obvious talent, but not clinical enough at a high level to be a consistent first choice attacker. Players like this, given enough minutes, can eventually figure out a risk-level and strategy that works for their game but J Hams isn't going to get the chances week in week out.

Shame cause he's like a black Chris Pine.

Edited by Lansdude

5 hours ago, RS said:

It's too late for that as he played 30 minutes off the bench just six days ago.

The commentators criticize him for missing this header 68 minutes into the match:

Thanks - I think I missed entirely that game being played, in part because it was a mid-week game and in part because both clubs are somewhat non-factors as far as TFC are concerned (ie. unlikely to catch NYC & unlikely to be caught by Columbus).

I see that he came on for Romario Williams.....