Jordan Hamilton

Yohan

5 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

From a westerners perspective, I’ve always thought that Ontario youth had more opportunities than anywhere else in the country. They have the most professional and semi-pro options, the best pathway to pro, the best scouting network, and their youth players often seem to be preferred when it comes to youth national team selection. I suppose you could argue there is more competition, but that’s also a positive imo. 

This is not true. For a long period of time, the whitecaps were the only province offering players pro opportunities.

A lot of guys from Ontario were travelling to the BC for this opportunity. (Kyle Porter, & Alex Sements (rip). 

19 minutes ago, Shway said:

This is not true. For a long period of time, the whitecaps were the only province offering players pro opportunities.

A lot of guys from Ontario were travelling to the BC for this opportunity. (Kyle Porter, & Alex Sements (rip). 

I meant currently and in recent years though. Hamilton’s age group 

Edited by Aird25

1 hour ago, Shway said:

Could be said - but it’s no where close. Just look at our national team. 

I personally think the Whitecaps does the best job of scouting/finding talent. A lot of BC pro players seem to be connected to the Whitecaps organization at some point. Whereas there’s a lot of Ontario pro players, that have different routes outside of TFC. That is largely due to the massive demographic of talented players within Southeast Ontario that usually go unnoticed.

Reason why I think for York/Forge to get to the next stage, or solidify themselves within the football landscape. It’s imperative for them to have full academies - and not the Vaughn/Sigma loose connections.

I’d argue that we’d have produced another Larin or Atiba by now if we had of actually played the kids and not waited till they were 20-23 before giving them a shot. If you sign a kid it’s because he’s good enough to play for you, at the very least I don’t believe in signing someone who will be good enough. 

agreed on your second point, they really need a reserve team given their large scouting network/investment. Another team in that area will help so much, and let’s not forget they took quite a few players from outside their main area.

id agree atleast for York, theres so much talent. Sigma/Hamilton suggests the same but I’d argue that sigma is Hamilton’s academy. The reality is that an academy league needs to happen across the Can PL and include the MLS teams. D2 would be nice if it can be a higher level than League 1/PLSQ, hopefully USL 1 caliber. If not i don’t see where our MLS teams could put their reserve teams that they really do need.

In case anyone was wondering.  Based on player birth and/or youth development.  In the past 2 years, our player pool consists of:

Ontario - 40 players

Greater Toronto Area - 34 players

Southwest Ontario - 4 players

Greater Ottawa Area - 2 players

Quebec - 10 players

Greater Montreal Area - 9 players

Quebec City - 1 player

Alberta - 8 players

Greater Calgary Area - 4 players

Greater Edmonton Area - 4 players

No Connection - 5 players

British Columbia - 4 players

Nova Scotia - 1 Player

Saskatchewan - 1 Player

Manitoba - 1 Player

Edited by Corazon

30 minutes ago, Corazon said:

In case anyone was wondering.  Based on player birth and/or youth development.  In the past 2 years, our player pool consists of:

Ontario

Greater Toronto Area - 34 players

Southwest Ontario - 4 players

Greater Ottawa Area - 2 players

Quebec

Greater Montreal Area - 9 players

Quebec City - 1 player

British Columbia

Greater Vancouver Area - 4 players

Alberta

Greater Calgary Area - 4 players

Greater Edmonton Area - 4 players

Nova Scotia - 1 Player

Saskatchewan - 1 Player

Manitoba - 1 Player

No Connection - 5 players

Thank God for Ontario ! 😉

• 4 weeks later...

^^^ Boooo..😉  Indy attracts the higher quality MLS fringe guys and prob has the one of the higher payrolls in USL-C.  He went from getting 4 goals in 7 starts with TFC just 2 summers ago, the guy prob should be on an MLS roster somewhere.  But playing on one of the bigger USL-C teams making decent money and getting a starters work load isnt too shabby.  If he kills it with Indy, he might get right back up to MLS.  He just turned 25..time to live up to his potential.  

Tyler Pasher is now back in MLS and doing great after a solid couple of seasons with Indy 11. Jordan Hamilton had much more experience in MLS than Pasher before joining Indy 11. Perhaps a solid season or two would see him earn a move back up to MLS. He's only 24/25 ish, so he could re-join Major League Soccer in what would be the prime of his career, just like Pasher.

4 hours ago, narduch said:

Looks like he came on as a sub in the 62nd minute in their first match of the season this past Saturday.

He was also joined by two internationals in 26 yo Manny Artega (Venezuelan international), 25 yo Cammy Smith (Scotland youth international) and Gordon Wild 25, played with the Galaxy last year and in 2019 scored 10 goals in 16 games in the USL-C for Loudon United (which led him to a DC united contract, albeit he never played)

All this to say, he has the best CV of the lot - but he's got lots of work to do. This move doesn't look like a guarantee  in the starting XI, as I thought it would be.

Edited by Shway

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

If I understand the transfer rules correctly he can't sign with a CPL team until 2022, he would have had to been a free agent prior to the close of the transfer window or an amateur player, re: the rash of PLSQ, L1O, academy signings recently by CPL teams.

Wait….CPL follows the European transfer window?