WCQ: Third Round - Window 2 (October 7-13, 2021)

Yoginess

Just now, king1010 said:

Hutch and Larin!

They must be close to returning if they're in and Kennedy is out. Also shows they're all in as they could of easily stayed in Turkey 

Woudlnt be surprised if some of these guys (like Milan, Larin, Atiba) arent even available for Mexico (or Jamaica) and travel directly to Toronto later in the week

Very happy for Millar and Brault-Guillard to earn recalls! Much deserved from both players!

Schaffleburg is technically a recall, but he's very short on CMNT camps, so it's a big milestone for him to be listed for a qualifier. Very happy for him and the Atlantic Canadian in me is very proud. 

Byrm is indeed a surprise, but not necessarily a bad one. He really didn't do a lot with the U23s back in Spring, but he was one of the bright spots at the last camp poutine. He's obviously a talented player, because you don't end up in the Lille system if you don't have talent.

I think his strong start with FC Eindhoven earned him this call, but I don't expect him to play much, if at all.

I am a little disappointed Waterman wasn't called, and a bit concerned that we've only called 4 CBs, but all in all it's a good roster!

1 minute ago, Kadenge said:

other than Brym, this is as good as we could have expected especially with 27 players. The question is are Larin, Cav, Borjan & Atiba ready to go?

With 27 you can some flexibility to get through the 3 games, hopefully everyone is ready to go, but some rotation will be part of it as knocks could very likely be picked up through the window as we saw with Phonzie. 

7 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I am a little disappointed Waterman wasn't called, and a bit concerned that we've only called 4 CBs, but all in all it's a good roster!

I also thought Waterman might get the call in order to have another CB on the roster

9 minutes ago, Floortom said:

With the expanded roster and injury issues up top, I'm a bit disappointed we arent getting a look at Ennin (especially over someone like Brym)

6 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Why Brym is there over Tesho or Enin is a head scratcher 

Ennin is mostly a left-sided player and Tesho is mostly a central striker.  Brym is a right-sided player.

Ennin is competing with Davies, Shaffleburg and Millar.  Tesho is competing with David, Larin and Cavallini.  Brym is competing with Buchanan and Hoillet.  If you want an alternate to Brym, you need to look at guys like Corbeanu and not Ennin.  Personally, I think his form with FC Eindhoven is currently better than Corbeanu's for Sheff Wed.