WCQ: Third Round - Window 2 (October 7-13, 2021)

Yoginess

4 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Why Brym is there over Tesho or Enin is a head scratcher 

Enin is a bit of a disappointment, but I am not too concerned. He'll be involved sooner or later if he keeps doing well in Russia.

Tesho is surplus to requirements, I think.

On paper he arguably deserves a call. He did an admirable job as an emergency call in the GC.

However, he's not scoring for Orlando or even playing a whole lot, and at 29 years old you have to be doing better than that, unless of course there's an emergency situation.

Great lad by all accounts, but under Herdman he's more of a depth guy on the fringes of the pool.

No massive surprises for me, I'm pleased the injured/sick players are deemed fit enough to be included, I would like to see guys like Shaffleburg and Millar thrown right into the fire of Azteca, our youth are fearless and it may be are best shot to have a go at them with a young fast team!

2 minutes ago, gator said:

No massive surprises for me, I'm pleased the injured/sick players are deemed fit enough to be included, I would like to see guys like Shaffleburg and Millar thrown right into the fire of Azteca, our youth are fearless and it may be are best shot to have a go at them with a young fast team!

Shaff will be up to the task, this kid plays with no fear and in the last little while has really stepped his game for TFC, he has been fun to watch. Happy for him to get this opportunity to step up. 

3 minutes ago, narduch said:

Brym has played 4 matches and has 1 goal for FC Eindhoven (Dutch 2nd tier).

I guess the plus is he is match fit. Lets be honest about Tesho, he was hotter earlier in the season and had been super cold since Dike`s return.

Brym`s Fotmob stats from his 4 league games.

image.png.200046d43c591d6594656364ef598593.png

Being match fit is key when picking what you would think are for the last few spots on the roster. Herdman likely wants some options for cover if anyone in the sick bay can not go. 

Just now, Grandbloke said:

Sure hope Cavallini will be good to go against Mexico. The Mexican players won’t like seeing him on the field.

Lucas can do things if he is healthy enough to go, calling in the 27 lets you bring these guys in and see how they are health wise. I am sure Cavalinni if good to go will relish a trip to Azteca. 

5 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

I really hope we don't see too much rotation. This team feels thin beyond our starting 11. May even want to concede the Mexico game and play for 6 against Panama and Jamaica 

We will need to do a fair bit of squad rotation, probably about as much as during the last window, but we won’t be conceding anything to anybody.

Depending how much training they expect to do in Mexico, I wouldn't even send a handful of guys to Mexico. Davies, Hoilett, Eustaquio, David... send them directly to Jamaica to lay in wait

If we knock off Jamaica in Jamaica you basically stick a fork in them. 6 pts this window would put us in an amazing position for top 4. 3 or less, especially dropped points at home to Panama.. it starts to get to be white knuckle time

Edited by SpursFlu

6 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

Dissing. He’s played more than 5 professional games.

Maybe Ennin isn’t vaxxed which plays a role? Is the only thing I can think of because he’s playing in better leagues than Millar and Brym.

Sheit at this point, why not call in Theo Bair as well.

4 hours ago, frmr said:

I agree we should field our best XI against Mexico, and I expect Herdman will do just that.

3 hours ago, narduch said:

In all seriousness, squad rotation.

Swap out CBs. Play a different midfield 3 but still use Eustaquio

Guys - the only positive is the 5 subs at Azteca. But we need Eustaquio Davies and David saved for Jamaica and Panama.   If we assume Davies only plays two games why would we put him in the pitch at Azteca.  Why even risk Buchanan?  Better to throw on oso Kaye Wotherspoon cavellini and Richie for first 60 and rethink from there