Ismael Kenneth Kone

MauditYvon

20 minutes ago, Shway said:

I hate how Im not a super Canadian and can’t understand french lol 

“I’m not sure what to say, it was incredible. “

“Super big moment, it was incredible, to do it in my city, in my home, hearing people scream my name. It’s a crazy feeing, it will give me more confidence going forward and scoring. I’m happy we got to go through and happy we applied the coach’s plan.” -Paraphrase

im certain he will play for Canada if called, the way he lit up when talking of Montreal was something else. Kid is a blue and black, and he’ll don the red.

Edited by Dominic94

3 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

im certain he will play for Canada if called, the way he lit up when talking of Montreal was something else. Kid is a blue and black, and he’ll don the red.

Those were my thoughts exactly. He'll go red when Herdman calls. I hope he doesn't remain blue and black for the rest of his career.

20 minutes ago, Kent said:

All this time I assumed they were rating soccer performance. I guess it's actually how hot they are. No picture, nothing to rate!

AFAIK he's not even in Fotmob, when you click on him you get a 33 year old player who hasn't played in a while.

9 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Would think he could be moved at a point, I think Wanyama makes him a little redundant, and I’m not convinced Piette has the ball skills to fit with Nancy’s system longterm. Saliba, Kone and Zouhir will push him out in time I think and who knows what else they have coming, not to mention Milevic is a CM too so how do you play them all ? 

Sorry for going slightly off topic, but what's the update on Saliba? Has he featured in any preseason games? Do people think he'll get a look this season?

I am not super-up on the age cutoffs but would a guy like him be eligible for our U20 team?   I know that doesn’t cap tie him, but I think we have reached a point where we won’t need to try and find ways to lock down talented guys.  We will increasingly see guys that want to play in our youth setup as a pathway to our senior team - a team that a lot of guys will now aspire to play for.  

25 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I am not super-up on the age cutoffs but would a guy like him be eligible for our U20 team?   I know that doesn’t cap tie him, but I think we have reached a point where we won’t need to try and find ways to lock down talented guys.  We will increasingly see guys that want to play in our youth setup as a pathway to our senior team - a team that a lot of guys will now aspire to play for.  

He is too old

I'm not saying we shouldn't get hyped about Kone or Zouhir because they both look to be fantastic prospects.  I will err on the side of caution given what we all saw from Luke Singh vs Leon last year at this same stage.  An abysmal Toronto FC team knocked out Club Leon after some very promising performance debut by Luke Singh.

However, I thought both Kone & Zouhir looked like they belong and I truly believe Piette might have some stiff competition this season.  That midfield is getting very crowded with Canadian talent up in Montreal.

Edited by Corazon

50 minutes ago, Macksam said:

He's having a hard time getting involved so far. He has to move more and make himself available for a pass. His teammates are not going to find him otherwise. 

He needs to learn from Wanyama.

Only caught the last 10 of the half. Wanyama seemed half arsed. Barely broke into a jog tracking back on a late Orlando attack. Might have just hit a poor spell in the game.