Ismael Kenneth Kone

MauditYvon

2 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Looks like he and Zouhir will get the bulk of the minutes alongside Wanyama… I’d think Piette is gone soon… Giraldo on the bench and they still have Saliba in the mix… no wonder Catavolo went to Valour..

I wouldn't write off Piette quite yet. They definitely missed a player with his qualities in this game. Orlando passed it through the midfield far too easily all game.

9 minutes ago, Tyler55 said:

This is a decent point from Wheeler, at this point it seems Piette is unlikely to be back in time so we will likely see at least one new face in midfield. 

I know he has had limited time to shine but I have really like what I have seen from him so far.  His skill and composure is great for a kid his age, and he looks like he will become a beast physically.  I wouldn’t be opposed to trying him out considering how well he has been playing for Montreal. 

Edit:  I hadn’t actually watched the clip when I posted so didn’t realize I used the same terms to describe him lol.  He really is someone I would consider though.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

Paton is more of a 10 and if Oso is a no go, more a replacement for him; Kone is more of a box to box midfielder so more of a replacement for Atiba (or a MAK if he was questionable) and to a lesser degree Piette.  I think it will depend on who is available and in form as to whether Kone or Paton or both get called.

TFC released photos of Osorio training yesterday (the day after the alleged injury report) in their Facebook account and unlike Shaffelburg he is not listed as being injured for tomorrow’s match. Granted, if Pierre and Atiba can’t go they will have to call in another two CM to replace them from the roster for the last window, so there may be an opportunity for a surprise call anyway 

Now with the rumours that Kone is being called up to the MNT this clip is interesting in hindsight (I promise you Wheeler isn't saying anything stupid in here). I'm wondering if Wheeler knew beforehand or heard of some rumblings in the background... 

Also, another thing that strikes me as odd is that Kone has basically zero professional experience. And we know Herdman is a stats guy, he keeps mentioning his stats teams in interviews. I'm wondering if the very rapid cap tying of Kone has anything to do with his stats team seeing some major potential in this guy. Cause I feel like Herdman isn't the type to naturally jump to a guy without reason.

Edited by Ally McCoist

6 hours ago, Ally McCoist said:

Now with the rumours that Kone is being called up to the MNT this clip is interesting in hindsight (I promise you Wheeler isn't saying anything stupid in here). I'm wondering if Wheeler knew beforehand or heard of some rumblings in the background... 

Also, another thing that strikes me as odd is that Kone has basically zero professional experience. And we know Herdman is a stats guy, he keeps mentioning his stats teams in interviews. I'm wondering if the very rapid cap tying of Kone has anything to do with his stats team seeing some major potential in this guy. Cause I feel like Herdman isn't the type to naturally jump to a guy without reason.

Kone was born in the Ivory Coast but has been in Canada since the age of 8 I think. Kone has the talent so maybe Herdman just wants to cap tie him as soon as possible.

But to be honest I don't see it happening in this last window. Maybe Nations League.  Ismael had a great first game but he has looked meh the rest of the games. The kid needs a few dozen more games to settle in.

Edited by Sal333

1 hour ago, Sal333 said:

Kone was born in the Ivory Coast but has been in Canada since the age of 8 I think. Kone has the talent so maybe Herdman just wants to cap tie him as soon as possible.

But to be honest I don't see it happening in this last window. Maybe Nations League.  Ismael had a great first game but he has looked meh the rest of the games. The kid needs a few dozen more games to settle in.

Not familiar with him. What’s his style of play? European potential?

48 minutes ago, EJsens1 said:

Not familiar with him. What’s his style of play? European potential?

Hard to separate his personal style from the role assigned to him by Nancy but for me he'd be a backup to Osorio for Canada, moreso than Eustaquio or Atiba. Based on the 5 matches I've seen. Montreal fans may correct me.