Ismael Kenneth Kone

MauditYvon

3 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I assume he was man of the match in FotMob - but for some reason no one has put him in their database and thus they can’t give him a rating.  But no one else was given the award.  

38F1047A-323E-43B4-8627-808A886555D2.jpeg

I'll just repeat my previous joke:

On 2/24/2022 at 8:31 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

N'importe quoi!

FotMob ne le Koné pas ! 

😭😭

Just now, CanadaFan123 said:

Typically they wait until the match is over.

Ha. Didn’t even realize it was still going on - thought it was done.

But they actually seem unable to assign him a rating.  He has no picture and wasn’t given a numerical score in the last couple of games.  It’s like his profile is incomplete in the database.  

3 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Tbh the kinks will be worked out, don’t see how Piette displaces him, this guy won’t be around long.

Yeah, it’s early days but the potential here is pretty wild. He gobbles up so much ground in the middle and seems to know where the net is.

This is a hugely useful role for our team too because we have really good wide play but our midfielders aren’t the fastest (as a general rule). Trying to avoid progression on the flanks and with someone in the middle like Kone (once he smooths out the other kinks) is a huge headache for opposing teams.

8 minutes ago, ag futbol said:

Yeah, it’s early days but the potential here is pretty wild. He gobbles up so much ground in the middle and seems to know where the net is.

This is a hugely useful role for our team too because we have really good wide play but our midfielders aren’t the fastest (as a general rule). Trying to avoid progression on the flanks and with someone in the middle like Kone (once he smooths out the other kinks) is a huge headache for opposing teams.

Agreed, I think he and Priso have loads of potential, but Zouhir isn’t someone to sleep on either and Montreal still have Saliba and Giraldo…

His involvement in all 3 goals was damn impressive.  The first, he wins the ball in front of his box and has the awareness to play a quick brilliant perfectly waited ball into Mihailovic’s path streaking on goal on a 2-0.  The second was even better.  He wins the ball just inside his own half by playing again a perfectly waited one time ball across the field to Lappalainen in space on the left, and then instead of just admiring his pass, he has the awareness to run 50 yards blowing by the inside his man just outside of the 18 yard box into a perfect position for a late arriving run so Lappalainen can return a pass to him and then he hammers it by the keeper.  That was pure class. On the third, he runs into space on the side of the 18 yard box to receive a ball and then nutmegs the defender and gets pulled down while going around him to get a penalty. I thought the penalty was weak and could have gone either way but it was still a brilliant move at pace.  He seems like the 8 that we have been crying out for in the Pogba mode.  
honestly, he is what I was hoping and still am hoping that Okello could become but Okello just doesn’t seem to have the engine or the awareness that Kone has to play the 8. 
Quite excited for Kone as only 19.  And on the poor side, the give away for the first goal by him was terrible but hopefully those things are just learning experiences for him. It clearly didn’t seem to dent his confidence as the next 3 plays I mentioned all came after that which is extremely positive as he shook that off pretty quickly.  
I know Montréal gets a lot of stick for bonehead plays playing out of the back and rightfully so. But tbh, I hope they keep playing that way as the more experience they can get with the various pressure they will see, the better they will get overtime which is both good for Montreal but also for Canada. 

5 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Tbh the kinks will be worked out, don’t see how Piette displaces him, this guy won’t be around long.

I never felt Piette and Wanyana were complementary pieces; Kone is real box to box type and a better fit to work with a  holding mid.

Only saw the highlights but I really liked how he didn't go into the tank mentally after his error on the Atlanta opener.  

Edited by BearcatSA

I admittedly don't watch a lot of Montreal but holy shit this guy looks exciting. His potential is crazy at only 19. If he continues to develop and improve, with the tools he already has, he could become a juggernaut in the middle of the park. Herdman must be licking his lips thinking about what this could mean for our midfield in the future if all goes well.

2 hours ago, An Observer said:

His involvement in all 3 goals was damn impressive.  The first, he wins the ball in front of his box and has the awareness to play a quick brilliant perfectly waited ball into Mihailovic’s path streaking on goal on a 2-0.  The second was even better.  He wins the ball just inside his own half by playing again a perfectly waited one time ball across the field to Lappalainen in space on the left, and then instead of just admiring his pass, he has the awareness to run 50 yards blowing by the inside his man just outside of the 18 yard box into a perfect position for a late arriving run so Lappalainen can return a pass to him and then he hammers it by the keeper.  That was pure class. On the third, he runs into space on the side of the 18 yard box to receive a ball and then nutmegs the defender and gets pulled down while going around him to get a penalty. I thought the penalty was weak and could have gone either way but it was still a brilliant move at pace.  He seems like the 8 that we have been crying out for in the Pogba mode.  
honestly, he is what I was hoping and still am hoping that Okello could become but Okello just doesn’t seem to have the engine or the awareness that Kone has to play the 8. 
Quite excited for Kone as only 19.  And on the poor side, the give away for the first goal by him was terrible but hopefully those things are just learning experiences for him. It clearly didn’t seem to dent his confidence as the next 3 plays I mentioned all came after that which is extremely positive as he shook that off pretty quickly.  
I know Montréal gets a lot of stick for bonehead plays playing out of the back and rightfully so. But tbh, I hope they keep playing that way as the more experience they can get with the various pressure they will see, the better they will get overtime which is both good for Montreal but also for Canada. 

His first pro goal and the second goal are very similar, late darting runs in the box. 

2 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

I never felt Piette and Wanyana were complementary pieces; Kone is real box to box type and a better fit to work with a  holding mid.

Only saw the highlights but I really liked how he didn't go into the tank mentally after his error on the Atlanta opener.  

I think he’s got more skill and iq then the other 2, Montreal was concerned with his tactical awareness which is why he didn’t play so much last year, but I don’t think he loses his spot this year.

I’ve said it elsewhere, it’s crazy as he’s not even the one who got the most hype. Assi and Saliba are supposed to be something else and Saliba is also a midfielder..

Exciting times

Is it weird that I am more excited with Kone (more central player) than I am with some of the wing prospects we have coming up?  Now if he was a CB......whoo ieeeee, I'd be over the moon, HAHAHA.  

What a time to be a CDN fan. So many youngsters popping up every year from multiple spots CPL, NCAA/Usports, Sigma, L1O/PLSQ, MLS academies. Europe...whew!  

1 minute ago, Bison44 said:

Is it weird that I am more excited with Kone (more central player) than I am with some of the wing prospects we have coming up?  Now if he was a CB......whoo ieeeee, I'd be over the moon, HAHAHA.  

What a time to be a CDN fan. So many youngsters popping up every year from multiple spots CPL, NCAA/Usports, Sigma, L1O/PLSQ, MLS academies. Europe...whew!  

Also makes the Mitrovic and Flores situations seem trivial. 

11 minutes ago, narduch said:

Also makes the Mitrovic and Flores situations seem trivial. 

Was thinking of this yesterday.  Not to get ahead of things - and depth is always extremely important - but an athletic box to box midfielder (like Kone seems to be) could be huge for our program and would really mitigate the need for some of these other prospects to sign on.  I would still welcome anyone with quality, but when you throw in Priso (who I rate highly), Nelson (who I think matures into a great attacking mid) and some of the other young prospects at CFM, it seems like the middle of the park is in good shape in the years to come.