Ismael Kenneth Kone

MauditYvon

1 minute ago, jonovision said:

Hard to separate his personal style from the role assigned to him by Nancy but for me he'd be a backup to Osorio for Canada, moreso than Eustaquio or Atiba. Based on the 5 matches I've seen. Montreal fans may correct me.

He looks very different to me than any other mid we have on the squad. He looks more of a ball progressing carrier than our other mids

He was a winger that's recently been converted to play in the centre. He'd good in posession but is more ball carrier than passer, though his passing is fine. He's kind of like Yunis Musah in some ways, but if Musah is like a bull Kone is more like a butterfly, if that makes sense.

Or another analogy, he's kind of like a better version of Okello. He's smaller than Okello (everyone is), but without looking it up the kid is over 6 feet for sure, maybe 6'1 or 6'2. He's kind of graceful in the way he carries the ball, but seems like a better ball winner than Okello (though I wouldn't call him a pure ball winner) and is dependable in posession, which is something I have been impressed with. In some ways he's probably in competition with Ralph Priso moving forward.

38 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Osorio? I don't see that. He moves the ball well and makes nice runs but he's not a guy who's going to be progressively carrying the ball IMO

You know you're right, I'm thinking more about the off the ball runs Kone makes that remind me a bit of Osorio.

Would seem to be a no brainer to be called. I typically wouldn’t say that about someone so green but he could be a nice addition. If we’re calling 6 central/defensive midfielders and Piette is out we need someone to slot in. With Wotherspoon out, Priso regaining fitness, Okello/Baldisimo remaining mediocre and Teibert presumably not rated, he’s right there.

Unless Herdman does something unexpected and calls Bekker (which I wouldn’t mind at all) I think it’s between Kone and Zouhir. Lucas Dias would be another interesting option but not sure he’s ready to commit. 

3 hours ago, jonovision said:

Hard to separate his personal style from the role assigned to him by Nancy but for me he'd be a backup to Osorio for Canada, moreso than Eustaquio or Atiba. Based on the 5 matches I've seen. Montreal fans may correct me.

yea you nailed it. To answer the other poster's question. If you base an assessment on his first game, he has potential to play in the top leagues but his other four pro games show he is still raw and needs lots of seasoning.

He's an excellent dribbler, has decent pace and very good vision. His passing is also very good.  Hid defensive positioning and marking needs work. Also I see nervousness in his play. But that will disappear with more games

Edited by Sal333