Ismael Kenneth Kone

MauditYvon

19 years old central midfielder from Montréal (06-16-2002). Plays at CS Saint-Laurent, but trains with the Impact and is suppose to sign with them really soon.

Here's an article in French. There are videos of his 2 goals with the Québec team at the U17 Canadian championship in 2019.

https://www.tvasports.ca/2021/08/12/la-prochaine-pepite-du-cf-montreal

Edited by MauditYvon

10 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Made the bench in tonights game. Articles online call him an Ivory Coast native. Are we sure he is eligible for us?

I would think he has some or else he wouldn’t be a homegrown.

Saliba is supposed to be the best of the bench, so even if Kone isn’t I wouldn’t worry.

2 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

I would think he has some or else he wouldn’t be a homegrown.

Saliba is supposed to be the best of the bench, so even if Kone isn’t I wouldn’t worry.

Looking forward to Saliba. Was impressed with him at Canada u-15. Looked tactically mature for his age.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Soccerway also lists his nationality as Canadian.

https://www.tvasports.ca/2021/09/07/ismael-kone-la-carte-cachee

According to the article linked he was born in Cote d'Ivoire but grew up in Montreal.

According to this tweet from last year he has PR but has yet to get citizenship. I’d imagine he would now be eligible for Canadian citizenship since he’s lived in Montreal since atleast 2016. 

Edited by Atlantic

13 minutes ago, Atlantic said:

Not to clog up the thread but I think with the new fifa residency rules that saw us get Ike Ugbo would automatically make Kone eligible for us even without fully gaining Canadian citizenship. He’s lived here for over 5 years between the ages 10 and 18. 

Do we know when he came to Canada?