Ismael Kenneth Kone

MauditYvon

I wonder how much the training stint over the winter for Kone and Zouhir with Bologna aided their development and confidence.  Seems to have helped based on both their starting debuts.

Great to see 2 young central midfielders in the pool as this has been my biggest worry for 2026 as we have lacked depth there.  Saliba is/was also highly rated central midfielder and one of the best on that good U15 side from a few years back with Rutty and Assi.

CF Montreal is just doing a brilliant job in the last few years in developing Canadian talent and then giving them a chance.  I also love the way they play (and they are adding Canadians from elsewhere like Miller, Johnston, Waterman, Brezza, Bassong).  TFC seems to be developing them but not giving them as good of a chance although maybe this changes under Bradley.  Vancouver isn't really doing either as the guys they develop don't seem to be that good and then when they are given the chance, they seem to stall or go backwards (Baldisimo, Raposo, etc.). Davies was obviously the massive exception and a great exception to have.

5 minutes ago, Acid-Tone said:

What an exciting prospect.

The way things are going poor Samuel Piette is gonna have his work cut out for him to get a lot of minutes this season.

I'd almost forgotten he was on the team. You could build a pretty decent All-Montreal Canadian XI, if only they had a striker or two:

Breza

Johnston-Waterman-Miller-Bassong

ZBG-Zouhir-Piette-Kone-Choiniere

????

1 minute ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Am I the only one who watched this and saw Atiba?? 

Exactly what I  was going to say. 
@Northvansteve said it, but didn’t say him.

Another exciting prospect. I know there isn’t a consistent Concacaf u23 tournament, but we would benefit from having U23 camps aka Canada B teams.

We have a bad trend of where a lot of guys are being ID late, and that’s solely based on lack of opportunity. 

8 hours ago, An Observer said:

I wonder how much the training stint over the winter for Kone and Zouhir with Bologna aided their development and confidence.  Seems to have helped based on both their starting debuts.

Great to see 2 young central midfielders in the pool as this has been my biggest worry for 2026 as we have lacked depth there.  Saliba is/was also highly rated central midfielder and one of the best on that good U15 side from a few years back with Rutty and Assi.

CF Montreal is just doing a brilliant job in the last few years in developing Canadian talent and then giving them a chance.  I also love the way they play (and they are adding Canadians from elsewhere like Miller, Johnston, Waterman, Brezza, Bassong).  TFC seems to be developing them but not giving them as good of a chance although maybe this changes under Bradley.  Vancouver isn't really doing either as the guys they develop don't seem to be that good and then when they are given the chance, they seem to stall or go backwards (Baldisimo, Raposo, etc.). Davies was obviously the massive exception and a great exception to have.

Definitely helped but they were high on those 2 before hand, ironically enough Saliba is actually rated higher than those 2 by Doyle, when Saliba plays Doyle will jump on that, I think he’s just taking more time but we will see him and he’s close.

It gets better though, Catavolo would be a HG signing for a good amount of teams but he’s buried, don’t sleep on him. Giraldo isn’t too shabby just the dam injuries, the CFM is loaded with CM talent from 2002-2004. 

There’s talent in Quebec, CFM have to develop it though.

7 hours ago, Acid-Tone said:

What an exciting prospect.

The way things are going poor Samuel Piette is gonna have his work cut out for him to get a lot of minutes this season.

Would think he could be moved at a point, I think Wanyama makes him a little redundant, and I’m not convinced Piette has the ball skills to fit with Nancy’s system longterm. Saliba, Kone and Zouhir will push him out in time I think and who knows what else they have coming, not to mention Milevic is a CM too so how do you play them all ? 

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

Would think he could be moved at a point, I think Wanyama makes him a little redundant, and I’m not convinced Piette has the ball skills to fit with Nancy’s system longterm. Saliba, Kone and Zouhir will push him out in time I think and who knows what else they have coming, not to mention Milevic is a CM too so how do you play them all ? 

And this is the tough part for Sammy. With so much potential it will limit his game time. Although early, those guys have showed better speed and skill on the ball.

Its a very important year for his career because  would he has to be active/playing games to earn his spot on the plan to Q.

The season combined with nations league will present a really great opportunity for guys like Kone, Zouhir, Corbeanu, JMR and Priso….and will put pressure on guys like Fraser, Piette, and Millar.