Ismael Kenneth Kone

MauditYvon

14 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Was thinking of this yesterday.  Not to get ahead of things - and depth is always extremely important - but an athletic box to box midfielder (like Kone seems to be) could be huge for our program and would really mitigate the need for some of these other prospects to sign on.  I would still welcome anyone with quality, but when you throw in Priso (who I rate highly), Nelson (who I think matures into a great attacking mid) and some of the other young prospects at CFM, it seems like the middle of the park is in good shape in the years to come.  

Plenty in the pipeline, hopefully the u20s will show that. Even a few older players like Okello still have plenty of time to work it out. Noble is an absolute beast if he can just stay switched on and learn how to use his attributes both ways on the pitch.

@Macksam @narduch

Depth is incredibly important.  Just look at the Alphonso situation.  Can we really replace what Davies brings?  No of course not.

But it sure is good to have Adekugbe and Laryea ready to go in case of injury or suspension.  

We’re only now getting to a point where we can afford to be missing a few key players and still be a credible team.  We’re definitely not in a place where top losing top talented youngsters to another country isn’t a big deal to us.

1 minute ago, baulderdash77 said:

@Macksam @narduch

Depth is incredibly important.  Just look at the Alphonso situation.  Can we really replace what Davies brings?  No of course not.

But it sure is good to have Adekugbe and Laryea ready to go in case of injury or suspension.  

We’re only now getting to a point where we can afford to be missing a few key players and still be a credible team.  We’re definitely not in a place where top losing top talented youngsters to another country isn’t a big deal to us.

Happy If You Say So GIF

10 minutes ago, toontownman said:

It's the OneSoccer Today people tbf. Can't be too harsh on them. Remember football doesn't exist outside Toronto so they never really stood a chance sourcing the right image. 😉

That vid was produced by the CSA. Sadly, that one was in house.

We can't blame OneSoccer for once.

13 minutes ago, canadianbacons said:

There's been at least 1 or 2 Canadians on the MLS TOW every week so far.  Through only 4 weeks 7 Canadians have made a TOW: Edwards, Marshall-Rutty, Hasal, Kaye, St. Clair, Petrasso and Kone

And this with our Canadian MLS teams being mostly awful so far.

What's more impressive is only 1 is a cemented CANMNT player so far

5 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

I think Kone highlights the need for better scouting and the Can PL in Quebec.

He didn’t play for the CFM academy ever, played for a club in the suburbs, imagine how many have been missed in the past 10 years. 

You can say the same about ontario. How many guys in the vurrent CMNT squad are from that area, never went to TFC academy, never got called to a youth camp etc??  Its a country wide problem, but you re right, Quebec is crying for a CPL team to scoop up some of these loose prospects and give them pro minutes.  

13 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

You can say the same about ontario. How many guys in the vurrent CMNT squad are from that area, never went to TFC academy, never got called to a youth camp etc??  Its a country wide problem, but you re right, Quebec is crying for a CPL team to scoop up some of these loose prospects and give them pro minutes.  

I feel the other issue is a lack of proper and qualified coaching and scouts to find and develop them properly.

36 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

I think Kone highlights the need for better scouting and the Can PL in Quebec.

He didn’t play for the CFM academy ever, played for a club in the suburbs, imagine how many have been missed in the past 10 years. 

To a lesser extent but the same idea, Jules-Anthony Vilsaint. Goes from Panellinios Montreal to trialing in Europe with Lille’s academy and is now with the Royal Antwerp U21s.

9 minutes ago, costarg said:

I feel the other issue is a lack of proper and qualified coaching and scouts to find and develop them properly.

Naw it’s the system. Because before they get the proper coaching, they have to display a level of talent.

But let’s say their coaches don’t have the trusted clout to say “hey look at this kid he’s really good”…. I know in the GTA you have to be at an academy or an OPDL team. Even then there still is gaps, and guys still just “appear out of nowhere”

26 minutes ago, Atlantic said:

To a lesser extent but the same idea, Jules-Anthony Vilsaint. Goes from Panellinios Montreal to trialing in Europe with Lille’s academy and is now with the Royal Antwerp U21s.

I think Ballou opened doors there also, I believe was his youth club.