GC: Canada vs Haiti - Thursday, July 15th, 7:30pm Eastern / 4:30pm Pacific Kansas City

2 minutes ago, bwilly11 said:

Anyone else watching it in FOX? Their  commentary is ripping us apart..I kind of appreciate it though because it's all very fair criticism. Different then Wheeler!

To them it's very obvious we have a back three that are easy too exposed and as a result Tajon needs to defend too much. They also criticise us for taking the foot off the gas pedal. Also say our forwards are too similar with thier movement.

Right. I mean that's when you have more neutral commentators...

Minimal criticism by one soccer announcers, just Haiti doing a great job "picking it up" 

10 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I could do without Kamal Miller, as I see it he does not have the level to be playing for us. He has all sorts of defects on the ball, and is a bit lost without it. 

Kaye is also not crisp passing, Osorio is making some poor passes too. Not at the standard we need and letting us down, frankly. I am also not too convinced with Cava, he's not imposing himself at all.

I like to see Kaye, Miller and Osorio subed in 2nd half.

14 minutes ago, JuicyHam said:

Crepeau is a fantastic shot stopper. We knew this though. He gets lots of practice 

all jokes aside our current keeper stable instills a lot of confidence in me.

long gone are the days of holding my breath every time the other team shoots from 30 yards out, or hoping guys don't score direclty from corners. 

Part of having a great back 3 is having a midfield that can maintain possession, mainly because you have the extra man to assist with that.  But whether it's the poor passing or whatever, it hasn't been working.

And why is Cavallini coming back into the play? For me, the few times Larin did it, Canada did a better job holding on to the ball.

Hopefully positive adjustments are made now.☺️

5 minutes ago, ag futbol said:

3-5-2 is not the best option here…. Switch the formation 

Thing is, we picked up cards trying to solve its defects against the weakest team in the group. Now we are seeing these same transitions through our middle, which looks depleted when it is technically 5 players, they get through and really, we should be taking cards again. And risking losing players vs. the US. 

We've seen a few cases when Miller, up marking an attacker, has basically turned around and ran back to his position on the whiteboard. Henry a few times too. This hanging back and playing the position like a robot watching himself on a chart is a bit MLS, but is also because you think, hey, if I am out here, who is back there? And often no one is, because our mids are not interpreting the 3-5-2 right.

I don't get it. If a formation gets you into constant problems, then change it.