GC: Canada vs Haiti - Thursday, July 15th, 7:30pm Eastern / 4:30pm Pacific Kansas City

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Said this yesterday. I hope we play as strong a line up as possible and go for the win.

We can worry about yellow cards and rest later.

Chances are the game against the US will be 2 teams sitting on 6 points resting starters.

Winning the group means avoiding Mexico until the final.  I'm not overlooking any other teams.  I just think Mexico is the strongest team.  I don't think Canada or the USA will take the foot off the gas if we're both sitting on 6 points going into the final group match.

11 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

It's partly a professional thing, partly a homesick thing, but I love hearing these guys and trying to figure out where they get their different bits of accent from. 

PS. The accent Theo put on is more London than Brummie Midlands but I can forgive him. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

It's partly a professional thing, partly a homesick thing, but I love hearing these guys and trying to figure out where they get their different bits of accent from. 

PS. The accent Theo put on is more London than Brummie Midlands but I can forgive him. 

Tajon with a heavily wrapped right ankle. His support foot being a lefty. Who is that with an icepack on his inner thigh, Sturing?

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

6 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Tajon is right footed, though in the video I see his left ankle being wrapped. So if that's the case, still his support foot. I'm not too worried, in any case.

First his left ankle, on the bench. Then there is someone who is getting his right taped as well, thought it was him. 

If he is gettng both, it is his standard practice, if it is just one it often will be for a problem of some sort. 

I'd hope they would not give anything away in these videos. 

El Salvador has looked decent so far mind you against two non Octagonal teams. 

The way Mexico played vs T&T and how they've looked, I'm not 100% sure Mexico will cake walk El Salvador. Mind you the Mexican side generally improve as the tournament goes on. 

Regardless, win tonight and we advance. That's the most important. 

Last time we got screwed looking ahead to the semis let's not make that same mistake.

Win tonight = advance. 

Decide our final run out squad vs US 

Win QF.

Who we play in semis isn't in our control anyways since we play USA before Mexico plays El Salvador to determine group standings. 

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

First his left ankle, on the bench. Then there is someone who is getting his right taped as well, thought it was him. 

If he is gettng both, it is his standard practice, if it is just one it often will be for a problem of some sort. 

I'd hope they would not give anything away in these videos. 

Yeah I rewatched the video a couple times and I saw his left at first, then he says "we're doing the right" so it may well be both. As you mention, seems like many players get both taped as almost standard practice now.

Oh the things we analyze to pass the time on game day.

36 minutes ago, RS said:

Fraser.

I admit that as much as I follow the nats, I have been physically in their presence at least once, at a hotel and even poolside, and only recognized about half. I am one of those fans that needs a number on a back. Or maybe I need to see these guys play in person.

I always laugh about how if I'd met players in a bar, I would not know they were. Or if Kyle Walker, Aymeric Laporte or Insigne came to fix my plumbing, I would pay under the table and send them on their way.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

13 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I admit that as much as I follow the nats, I have been physically in their presence at least once, at a hotel and even poolside, and only recognized about half. I am one of those fans that needs a number on a back. Or maybe I need to see these guys play in person.

I always laugh about how if I'd met players in a bar, I would not know they were. Or if Kyle Walker, Aymeric Laporte or Insigne came to fix my plumbing, I would pay under the table and send them on their way.

I'm pretty sure Giorgio Chiellini has served me at the local butcher shop.

If we are really resting players for the states game I still think tonights game will be very close. Don't think it is a given we win or draw. Haiti will be hurting with all this mess, need to preferably win to stay alive, although a draw will do, then they won't want to lose 3 in a row to us. They were unlucky not to draw against the states. Hopefully I am way off base and we smash them. 

3-0 minimum. Holding out hope this team goes for the jugular. So far they've shown mental strength past teams haven't. Would friggin love not shooting outselves in the foot with a conceded goal like we do many games. It's been a loooong while since a team has actually earned a goal against Canada. 

The last "proper" goal Canada conceded was January 15th 2020 in that weird B team friendly against Iceland. Even that one looked like Crepeau bigtime whiffing at a corner.

Edited by grigorio