WCQ: Canada vs Suriname - Tuesday, June 8th, 9:05pm Eastern/6:05pm Pacific - SeatGeek Stadium, Chicago

I’m glad it’s finally game day, but it’s gonna be a long 9 hours. 

The fact that we go through with a tie instead of ET and a shootout makes me feel a lot better, I'm gonna get really nervous if the game is tied for most of the second half though. I hope we push hard at the beginning, an early goal or two would make things so much easier. 

I’m also glad we’re playing our first important game in a while. 

22 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

What a bizarrely specific line. This should really be Canada -280, Suriname +140.

1 hour ago, Ngravs said:

1050824945_Capturedecranle2021-06-08a09_30_42.png.8d7a123dc6ffc7ee9354e10bfb0c6e98.pngCoolbet has Canada as heavy faves.  OVER 2.5 is also -189

Bet365 has -350 +350 +800

1 hour ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

Odds 

Canada 1.32

Draw 5.20

Suriname 7.60

Lotto Québec has

Canada 1.23

Draw 4.50

Suriname 7.00

https://miseojeu.espacejeux.com/en/betting-offer/soccer/world-cup/matches?idAct=50

If I've translated those betting odds into percentage outcomes correctly, that's:

Suriname win ~12.1%
Draw  ~18.9%
Canada win ~69%

You all know I'm on the pessimistic side, so I'd say there's at least a 15% chance this does not go our way.

10 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I checked York United's website and there's nothing about getting a OneSoccer voucher so it seems not.

Looks to be the same for Forge. I have no issue with paying the fee, but it would suck to find out a month from now that we were able to receive OneSoccer without the added cost.

4 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

Looks to be the same for Forge. I have no issue with paying the fee, but it would suck to find out a month from now that we were able to receive OneSoccer without the added cost.

That's really shady right before this huge game they cancel subscriptions despite them being good until August.

Now you you gotta re-up if you want to watch the Canada-Suriname tonight.

21 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Looks like if you signed up for the collective your membership ends today even though really it should end at some point in August.

That's the issue I have, what bad timing, I'm glad this was discovered as it would have been brutal to find this out just before kick off, this is being discussed in th OneSoccer thread in the CPL btw!

2 minutes ago, narduch said:

"Of Suriname’s nine goals scored so far, six were via crosses or set pieces. This has been a weakness in Canada’s defence, specifically in the 4-1 loss to the United States in November 2019."

Our defending on set pieces and the possibility of a red card are what scare me the most.

That is the area where I have very low confidence in Herdman. In open play we're generally ok, but I think we're poor at defending corners and free kicks and the second balls from those.

So I signed up for “The Collective” and my confirmation email is dated July 30 2020 but the only details about the 1S subscription is “2020 OneSoccer Subscription.” No details about start and end date. So having us re-up today is pretty shady.

15 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Which way? The Canada win number? That would indicate most money coming in on the Canada side.

This can only mean one of two things:  heavy betting on Canada or small amounts of betting coming in on Suriname.  The fix is in!  Suriname is throwing the match.  Everyone can now relax.  :)

18 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Which way? The Canada win number? That would indicate most money coming in on the Canada side.

I wouldnt look too much into it...I may have single handily moved the line ;). Significant portion of my handicapped investment on Canada got "referred to a trader" before being accepted.

Took me forever to get "my services re-instated" after world Cup '18 action(rode France to glory) and bet365 cut me off for a 24 months lol.  

Just pumped the book pretty good last round of matches, so hope I didn't screw myself after we win tonight :).  

Allez Les Rouges! 

More importantly, got approved to work 2-10 tonight at the office. I'll be the only one there :). Kids and wife at home. 

Red and white & V's forever! 

Every phrase I can think of about this match is entirely inappropriate. 

Herdman says "ruthless", that is how I feel. 

You can't say "bitch slap" anymore.

It is entirely wrong to think about "bombing them back to the stone age". 

Stomping the shit out of anything, apart from the good earth, sounds wrong. Inflicting pain on a rival is something sick mfs do, I guess.

So I get what Herdman is saying about being ruthless, he's being polite. That is how I feel. Or any of those other things, which you can't say but have to think.

So let's end this conversation about Suriname, get out with everyone healthy and no cards suspending key players for the next matches. Except, of course, if the cards save the result.

51 minutes ago, Rheo said:
  1. Sorry not a conspiracy to fuck people over on the day of the game, just a boring technical malfunction.

I give two shits about the collective....

Did you fix your problems from Saturday? It almost seems like nothing happened.
I’ll lose it tonight if I see it twice....sad because I'm not asking for a perfect stream!

Edited by Shway