WCQ: Canada vs Suriname - Tuesday, June 8th, 9:05pm Eastern/6:05pm Pacific - SeatGeek Stadium, Chicago

1 hour ago, El Hombre said:

I don't have cable so the only way I consume TSN is online.  I use it for some hockey games and all MLS games.

My opinion: Sometimes the resolution is great, other times it degrades and severely pixelates.  I much prefer watching games on OneSoccer or DAZN.  I always get a good stream from them.  With TSN, sometimes it's like watching a game from 1985.  Note: I am on farmer internet, so if you have something better, you might not notice anything.  All I know is that the picture is perfect with OS/DAZN and very hit and miss with TSN.

Also, as others have said, their replays take awhile to get posted.  If its an afternoon game, don't expect to see a replay online until the next morning.  Also, you have to train your eyes not to look at anything else on the screen before you get the game loaded up and fullscreen, because they will often post the score and some story either on the side bar or below the video.

I have gotten into the habit of asking my partner to load up the game for me.

USA based ref listed for tonight...
http://refereeingworld.blogspot.com/2021/06/fifa-world-cup-2022-qualifiers-concacaf_7.html

I am not into the ref scouting scene, but hopefully a US/MLS official should cut down the chance of phantom fouls and spontaneous face grabbing.

Also Suriname may not be up to speed on concacafing opponents yet.

46 minutes ago, Alex said:

It’s nice to know there’s a bunch of other dudes that feel the same I do on big game days. Nobody else I know personally gets it lol.

I asked a few guys from work if they can guess who Canada plays tonight. They don't really follow soccer, but have gone with me to a couple games. None of them knew who we were playing at all. At least they were guessing CONCACAF teams.

7 minutes ago, ardsa said:

http://refereeingworld.blogspot.com/2021/06/fifa-world-cup-2022-qualifiers-concacaf_7.html

I am not into the ref scouting scene, but hopefully a US/MLS official should cut down the chance of phantom fouls and spontaneous face grabbing.

Thanks for this. 

He's an MLS ref. Can't say I really remember him

11 minutes ago, ardsa said:

The Suriname players are used to Europe and not CONCACAF.  They are going to play a straight up game.

On 6/5/2021 at 2:12 PM, Floortom said:

I would really like to understand the rationale for having this match in Chicago and not Florida. It still makes absolutely no sense to me - did we assume that Suriname was going to do the 20 hour flight with multiple stopovers?! 

Bradenton Florida at 9pm Eastern tonight: 28°C , 11% chance of rain and 73% humidity

Orlando Florida at 9pm Eastern tonight: 28°C , 8% chance of rain and 63% humidity

Chicago Illinois at 8pm Central tonight:

23°C , 15% chance of rain, 69% humidity.

-----

Will the travel be worth playing where it is 5°C cooler? That's the gain!

1 minute ago, Obinna said:

This feels like the biggest CMNT game in a long, long time. Nervous and excited all in one. Let's get it done, boys!

It's a hard thing to measure. When you have a big game, but then lose, it seems to lose it's importance. When we were playing the USA in the Nations League those games were massive, because at the time we thought we needed to get our ranking into the top 6 to make it to the hex and have any real chance of making it to the World Cup. They weren't strictly do or die games (for World Cup, it was for Nations league) but they kinda were. Honduras away each of the last 2 cycles were as big, and presumably tougher games as well (still hard to gage exactly how good Suriname are, but either way we aren't playing in Honduras).

Just under two hours to go! Need to fill the space with something. Might try to do a workout, maybe feed my kids so they leave me alone come game time, maybe even see if I can auction one or two of them to cover my One Soccer subscription and to pay the bookie for betting on Mexico vs. the Yanks. (Who woulda thunk it.)

Yup, anxious, but also really excited. Like, I am expecting us to play some great football tonight. Not perfect football, of course. But there will be remarkable stuff out there, and our guys will be delivering it. 

Davies now ranked the 8th most valuable player in Europe! What the what?  Saw the headline, but now I need to read the actual article, if I can find it.