WCQ: Canada vs Suriname - Tuesday, June 8th, 9:05pm Eastern/6:05pm Pacific - SeatGeek Stadium, Chicago

28 minutes ago, Ngravs said:

A lot of action on Canada and the over at my book as well (SIA). Let's hope everybody wins.

2 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Bet365 has -350 +350 +800

Lotto Québec has

Canada 1.23

Draw 4.50

Suriname 7.00

https://miseojeu.espacejeux.com/en/betting-offer/soccer/world-cup/matches?idAct=50

If I've translated those betting odds into percentage outcomes correctly, that's:

Suriname win ~12.1%
Draw  ~18.9%
Canada win ~69%

You all know I'm on the pessimistic side, so I'd say there's at least a 15% chance this does not go our way.

Bet365 has gone to -450 +500 +1000

whereas Lotto Québec's Mise-O-Jeu has gone to 

Canada 1.18
Draw 5.00
Suriname 7.70

so amongst those with money on the line, they are feeling optimistic about Canada.

26 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Yep, I watched the Aruba replay the next morning. Not sure when it was up. 

I watched the Aruba game Saturday starting around 10:00 PM PT. That was 3 hours after the match ended. I did not check earlier than that.
On the website it was not in the national team section, but instead grouped in the world cup qualifiers section two sections below the video panel.

While we are on the OneSoccer topic, along with the feed dropping on Saturday (which they blamed on the Florida feed) I was experiencing not being able to cast from my Android app. I solved that by uninstalling and re-installing. There must have been an update for the app and my phone stored an old setting. Just an FYI in case you are experiencing that.

1 minute ago, Ruffian said:

While we are on the OneSoccer topic, along with the feed dropping on Saturday (which they blamed on the Florida feed) I was experiencing not being able to cast from my Android app. I solved that by uninstalling and re-installing. There must have been an update for the app and my phone stored an old setting. Just an FYI in case you are experiencing that.

For me, Chromecasting OneSoccer is randomly hit-or-miss.  Sometimes it won't start - or sometimes it takes more than a minute to start, or it errors out. 

And when it does start, there are often audio sync issues.  OneSoccer is the only app where I have any issues Chromecasting from an iPhone. 

1 minute ago, sstackho said:

For me, Chromecasting OneSoccer is randomly hit-or-miss.  Sometimes it won't start - or sometimes it takes more than a minute to start, or it errors out. 

And when it does start, there are often audio sync issues.  OneSoccer is the only app where I have any issues Chromecasting from an iPhone. 

Audio sync issues are a thing I have experienced a lot, but much less recently. Other than that, casting has been pretty clean for myself.

Yeah makes sense, but you are talking about cable versus online, and One Soccer is only online, so I think for a realistic comparison we have to consider the TSN online platform (on demand feature). 

But if your thing is that cable TV can more quickly show replays, then yes that certainly seems to be the case. 

I watched the Olympics entirely on CBC online (2014 winter I think?) and the events could be watched everything from delayed 5 minutes to 5 days.  Not only that but the timeline was annotated so you could find what you wanted (beginning of 3rd heat, 1/2 time, etc).  This was years ago.

One Soccer couldn't even deliver a live stream of the last game without constant technical failures.  

It's a slapped-together joke of a service.

Edited by lenny
incorrect quote use

24 minutes ago, ardsa said:

I watched the Aruba game Saturday starting around 10:00 PM PT. That was 3 hours after the match ended. I did not check earlier than that.
On the website it was not in the national team section, but instead grouped in the world cup qualifiers section two sections below the video panel.

That's good to know, thanks.

I tried the following during the Aruba game:

OneSoccer app on android tv box, OneSoccer app full-screen on android tv box, OneSoccer on Firefox on android tv box, OneSoccer app on iPhone (worked the best but still stopped plenty of times), One Soccer app on iPhone cast to Chromecast,  One Soccer Windows Chrome, One Soccer Windows Chrome to Chromecast all with varying degrees of failure. Incredibly annoying and frustrating.

1 hour ago, AvroArrow said:

Well, I went ahead a signed up for a one moth subscription. I save a couple bucks and get all 3 games, but I also feel like I am tempting fate with my over confidence.....

Genuinely went with the one day for this exact reason. We musn't presume with the soccer gods!

2 minutes ago, rightback said:

I tried the following during the Aruba game:

OneSoccer app on android tv box, OneSoccer app full-screen on android tv box, OneSoccer on Firefox on android tv box, OneSoccer app on iPhone (worked the best but still stopped plenty of times), One Soccer app on iPhone cast to Chromecast,  One Soccer Windows Chrome, One Soccer Windows Chrome to Chromecast all with varying degrees of failure. Incredibly annoying and frustrating.

I was looking for a native OneSoccer app for AndroidTV.  Doesn't seem to exist, so I sideloaded the OneSoccer app for Android mobile.  That required a touchpad to simulate touch - but then it still wouldn't play for me. 

How did you load OneSoccer on your Android TV box?  FYI - I use an Nvidia Shield and the new Google Chromecast device. 

4 minutes ago, sstackho said:

I was looking for a native OneSoccer app for AndroidTV.  Doesn't seem to exist, so I sideloaded the OneSoccer app for Android mobile.  That required a touchpad to simulate touch - but then it still wouldn't play for me. 

How did you load OneSoccer on your Android TV box?  FYI - I use an Nvidia Shield and the new Google Chromecast device. 

I just downloaded the mobile app from Google Play to my box: https://www.thestreamingblog.com/himedia-a5-review/

Waste of time though, it just has a size of about 1/8 of the screen and full-screen goes to about 1/4 of the screen at the top left corner before crashing. I usually end up using firefox rather than apps although some work OK.

24 minutes ago, sstackho said:

This is the same for me for almost anything live. The 24 Hour channel has never successfully cast for me, but some of the live game feeds do (usually with audio delay). The replays are fine to cast though.

I usually just watch live feeds through a browser without casting them, and they're almost always faultless. Though I did have to refresh a couple times on Saturday.

There really should not be this many problems with a paid service though. 

1 hour ago, goleafs67 said:

Anyone know same but for Paramount+ down in the states? @maplebanana?

I'll be mid-flight so need a backup if can't stream live...

Not sure. Didn't check for replay till just now, where it's available. I think it was pretty fast though because on Saturday I could see replays were available for the Friday games.

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Off topic: is TSN Direct any good? Thinking of getting it to watch the Euros and Copa America. Plus Canadian MLS teams.

They have a sale now for 40% off for a 6 month sub: $60+tax.

I don't have cable so the only way I consume TSN is online.  I use it for some hockey games and all MLS games.

My opinion: Sometimes the resolution is great, other times it degrades and severely pixelates.  I much prefer watching games on OneSoccer or DAZN.  I always get a good stream from them.  With TSN, sometimes it's like watching a game from 1985.  Note: I am on farmer internet, so if you have something better, you might not notice anything.  All I know is that the picture is perfect with OS/DAZN and very hit and miss with TSN.

Also, as others have said, their replays take awhile to get posted.  If its an afternoon game, don't expect to see a replay online until the next morning.  Also, you have to train your eyes not to look at anything else on the screen before you get the game loaded up and fullscreen, because they will often post the score and some story either on the side bar or below the video.

1 hour ago, scullion44 said:

Game is even being shown on Ziggo sport in the netherlands tonight

That's good to know. 

I'm optimistic and hopeful one soccer comes through so we can support a Canadian platform.

However, with more sites and media platforms offering it, should be able to find streams somewhere at least.