WCQ: Canada vs Bermuda - March 25th 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific - Orlando FL

10 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Does anyone actually know for sure whether players from Europe can enter the US without even a short quarantine?  I thought some new restrictions on entry were put in by the new Biden administration this month.

Seems as if all non essential travel is banned.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/from-other-countries.html

What does OneSoccer know that we don't?

Has our match against Bermuda been moved up from 8pm to 7:30pm?

Has our U24 match against Honduras been moved back from 9:30pm to 10pm?

If so, this is fantastic news. The matches no longer overlap.

Confirmation from the CSA/CONCACAF/FIFA would be nice.

https://www.concacaf.com/en/olympics-qualifying-men/article/2020-concacaf-men-s-olympic-qualifying-preliminary-rosters-confirmed

12 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

https://www.concacaf.com/en/olympics-qualifying-men/article/2020-concacaf-men-s-olympic-qualifying-preliminary-rosters-confirmed

I think they are allowing for a half hour pre game show for Bermuda. 

And the Honduras match appears to have been moved. This is on Concacaf official site.

https://www.concacaf.com/en/olympics-qualifying-men/schedule-results#tab_team=rounds

Screenshot_20210315-183900_Chrome.jpg

Edited by narduch

25 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

5 national team games in about 1 week? Someone pinch me.. is this real?

1 hour ago, Shway said:

Seeing all the roster releases, and noticing larger squad sizes - I wonder if we callup 30 guys.... too much money, no?

We just called 30 in January for a B camp so I would hope not. That does seem excessive though maybe 25 would be a better number. With Corbeanu called I feel it will be a bigger squad. 

On 3/15/2021 at 8:14 PM, Blackjack15 said:

Are you Lucas Dias's father?

If so, is Lucas leaning to represent Canada or Portugal?

He's my cousin's kid.

At this very moment Canada. In a year's time who knows.

He's got a huge cohort of Portuguese players/friends he plays with on a daily with Sporting that are equally as good as him who are being called to play for Portugal. His position is crowded with that national squad. But I'd be lying if he hasn't shared that he wants to play with friends/people he has chemistry with. 

Edited by JasonDias

13 minutes ago, JasonDias said:

He's shared some really good insight as to how both soccer federations treat their players (from how they pay players, have call up conversations, ensure your well being is always looked after, offer up insurance etc). Let's just say the CSA is still very green when compared to what Portugal and possibly more well funded/structured European nations have to offer. 

Would you be able to share specifics?

im sure what you say is true but it would be great to understand what those differences are.

6 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

I think I might grill some sardins, poach some eggs and dump a pound a salt on top for my pre game meal this Friday(or something like that) Stephen Eustaquio, Lucas Dias, Steven Vitoria... am I missing anyone? Marc Dos Santos. Portugal really contributing to Canadian soccer at the moment 

Nogueira is missing from your list

13 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

I think I might grill some sardins, poach some eggs and dump a pound a salt on top for my pre game meal this Friday(or something like that) Stephen Eustaquio, Lucas Dias, Steven Vitoria... am I missing anyone? Marc Dos Santos. Portugal really contributing to Canadian soccer at the moment 

Ricardo Ferreira, too.

All of these U23 guys being shifted to Florida is making me think that we may not get the European guys we need. :(

Just you wait and see, Adam Straith is going to get the call and play keeper vs Bermuda just like he did last time we played them. :D

(Straith becomes a keeper at the 1hr2min mark)

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

31 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

All of these U23 guys being shifted to Florida is making me think that we may not get the European guys we need. :(

Just you wait and see, Adam Straith  is going to get the call and play keeper vs Bermuda just like he did last time we played them. :D

Something change?  I feel like a week or two ago it looked like they were already having some extra guys in Mexico to shift them up to Florida eventually.

48 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Just you wait and see, Adam Straith  is going to get the call and play keeper vs Bermuda just like he did last time we played them. :D

And gets the shut out. Not sure who that was who got injured giving up probably the worst goal I have ever seen the senior team give up (Leutweiler?) but they may have taken him out of the line-up due to shame rather than injury.

• Olympique_de_Marseille changed the title to WCQ: Canada vs Bermuda - March 25th 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific - Orlando FL