WCQ: Canada vs Bermuda - March 25th 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific - Orlando FL

Just now, grigorio said:

Whether it's true or not I blame TFC for pushing that game from back in the fall. Certainly seemed they were pulling the strings on that decision. 

I think they were hoping to go a long playoff run and play the game right after. In order to have Forge have a long break from their games.

Once they were bounced out early the said fuck it will have to be played later. And here we are.

20 minutes ago, RS said:

I wasn't calling you out. Sorry if it came across that way.

I just meant the situation was obvious for everyone to see. CSA wants to play the V Cup at the same time as WCQ and OQ, yet still wants three Canadians to start for TFC.

If TFC gets through to the CCL, it'll need its Canadians. This is a tough spot from all sides, but could've partially been avoided if the V Cup final would've been played by now.

It’s all good man. And I completely agree with what you’re saying as well

2 minutes ago, grigorio said:

Whether it's true or not I blame TFC for pushing that game from back in the fall. Certainly seemed they were pulling the strings on that decision. 

That's letting the CSA off the hook, IMO.

TFC was in the country in Sept. Forge was too. The CSA should have said "play this now, or we're awarding it to Forge." If TFC did pull the strings that's no one's fault but the governing body for allowing it.

7 hours ago, Corazon said:

Apparently FIFA & CONMEBOL are holding talks to postpone March World Cup Qualifiers for South America as European clubs are refusing to release players.

I cannot confirm how accurate this is but if its true I wonder what that means to Qualifiers for CONCACAF.  Are they going to be postponed as well or are they going to continue with Americas based players only.

We should find out more today and tomorrow but I've read that Brazil has already postponed announcing their March roster for the qualifiers.  Brazil and Argentina are usually the first nations to relase their rosters before international matches.

This is an issue for countries on UK's red list - not allowed in. There are 10 Conmebol nations on the list - so basically everybody. And these nations have quite a bit of their starters playing in the Prem.

Concacaf nations impacted are only Suriname, Panama & Guyana. So, not much of an issue.

Seems like a bunch of panic for nothing. A lot of what Armas said in the article was that they were worried about whether the players in OQ would be able to join the team right after the tournament. The qualifiers are in Mexico and TFC play their first CCL match in Mexico, so I don’t see why this would be an issue.

Royal Gazette again with a slew of articles. 

https://www.royalgazette.com/soccer/sport/article/20210305/kane-crichlow-relishing-opportunity-to-make-bermuda-debut/

They will have Kane Crichlow available. He is on Championship side Watford but doesn't really play.

Reading between the lines I think Wells exclusion may be a personal decision. 

https://www.royalgazette.com/soccer/sport/article/20210305/kyle-lightbourne-relishing-time-in-the-middle/

https://www.royalgazette.com/soccer/sport/article/20210304/dale-eve-adamant-bermuda-hold-no-fear-of-favourites-canada/

Edited by narduch

28 minutes ago, narduch said:

Royal Gazette again with a slew of articles. 

https://www.royalgazette.com/soccer/sport/article/20210305/kane-crichlow-relishing-opportunity-to-make-bermuda-debut/

They will have Kane Crichlow available. He is on Championship side Watford but doesn't really play.

Reading between the lines I think Wells exclusion may be a personal decision. 

https://www.royalgazette.com/soccer/sport/article/20210305/kyle-lightbourne-relishing-time-in-the-middle/

https://www.royalgazette.com/soccer/sport/article/20210304/dale-eve-adamant-bermuda-hold-no-fear-of-favourites-canada/

That's putting it lightly. He has 6 minutes of first team action and that was in the Carabao Cup. 

11 minutes ago, lamptern said:

Is Canada going to have warm up games at all? 

Its not looking good.

I think they should set up a friendly in Florida for 1 week before the Bermuda game using a mostly domestic side. 

I hope they are planning to start the camp early with the domestic players that are available.

10 hours ago, narduch said:

Its not looking good.

I think they should set up a friendly in Florida for 1 week before the Bermuda game using a mostly domestic side. 

I hope they are planning to start the camp early with the domestic players that are available.

There should be a few MLS clubs training in Florida at that time so hopefully they can reach out to one to set something up.

EDIT: At the very least, Inter Miami and Orlando City should be in training. I don’t think the other MLS clubs are training away from their home markets this year.

1 minute ago, RS said:

There should be a few MLS clubs training in Florida at that time so hopefully they can reach out to one to set something up.

Didn't think about that.

Orlando would be good considering we will play in their stadium.

I just watched 90 minutes of Wells playing for Bristol City vs QPR, he had a tough match but is always dangerous, this was a match where he didn't get much service and that's exactly what we will have to do, that's if the English based players are released or the match doesn't get postponed!

• Olympique_de_Marseille changed the title to WCQ: Canada vs Bermuda - March 25th 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific - Orlando FL