WCQ: Canada vs Bermuda - March 25th 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific - Orlando FL

Just now, narduch said:

But there is a 7 day quarantine currently?

I still say have him for Bermuda and let him head back after.

I think there is a requirement to quarantine.  Maybe Galtier’s statement was more hypothetical than actual unless they are willing to go without David for one league match.

14 minutes ago, narduch said:

Keep waiting 

Lol this is a joke. 

Guys have to be in camp already no?
This can’t be real..right? It can’t be.

The team has to be assembled already, and the roster is just being released as a formality to reduce bad press/ questions. Right? No way guys are being announced 2 days before a game to travel. 

Canada Secret Association is running a real tight ship. Not an ounce of leaked news.

1 minute ago, Shway said:

Lol this is a joke. 

Guys have to be in camp already no?
This can’t be real..right? It can’t be.

The team has to be assembled already, and the roster is just being released as a formality to reduce bad press/ questions. Right? No way guys are being announced 2 days before a game to travel. 

Canada Secret Association is running a real tight ship. Not an ounce of leaked news.

Are they actually in camp already though? I thought the break starts on the 22nd. Are guys like Osorio and Cavallini with tfc and Vancouver right now? 

16 minutes ago, JasonDias said:

Senior team has had a handful of guys prepping in Mexico with the U-23 squad.

Not a full blown camp but probably close to half of the team that will be announced on Tuesday. As someone said, they are likely waiting to see who is available post-weekend to round out the squad. 

This explains why they had barely released any training photos from the camp, which is usually one of their staples.

So, we are planning to announce our squad 2 days before a WCQ match???  This is absurd ...

To be clear, I'm not blaming the CSA, but at some point, CONCACAF needs to consider postponing this if 80% of our first choice players aren't allowed to play in a World Cup Qualifier ...

Edited by Addona

24 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

What’s the actual FIFA requirement?  Does Bermuda have the proposed squad and they just haven’t released it publicly?  You would think this would have a big impact on their prep.

A FIFA WCQ probably has different rules for rosters. You probably have right up until match time to finalize your squad

I assume there must be some rationale at play.  And as much as we want to know, if the last minute haggling will increase our chances of getting a player we want there, then it is probably justified.  Aside from a bunch of goddamn soccer nerds who constantly hit refresh on a fan forum, it doesn’t actually make much difference.  

German-based Tyler Adams and David's teammate Tim Weah are now no longer joining the US team due to "quarantine requirements" in their respective areas according to this article:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2021/03/17/united-states-mens-national-team-name-26-player-roster-friendlies-vs-jamaica

There are still other German-based players though who are playing for the US in these friendlies, so doesn't mean the door is closed on Davies. As for David, I hope Galtier is right but I wonder if he's just not up to date on what the Ligue 1 clubs have conspired to do.

46 minutes ago, Addona said:

This just in from FIFA: WCQ matches will now be played between 2 sets of 11 citizens chosen at random from the competing nations.  Names of the randomly chosen citizens will be revealed during the playing of the national anthems.

Now the  Mexican man-boob FC team that played Haiti U24 makes sense!

• Olympique_de_Marseille changed the title to WCQ: Canada vs Bermuda - March 25th 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific - Orlando FL