WCQ: Canada vs Bermuda - March 25th 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific - Orlando FL

There won't be a competition if we don't move forward. And that's what they want, they want things to not happen. If someone ties your hand behind your back, guess what? Your gonna have to fight with one hand. Luckily in this case we'll all have 1 hand

Edited by SpursFlu

Just now, narduch said:

The integrity of the entire competition is questionable if this is allowed.

Only if we don't win! :D 

--------

My "North America only and over 24" emergency roster in the Cayman Islands thread is looking more and more likely by the minute. :(

With those COVID cases at TFC, it makes things that much harder.

----

It should also be noted that some of the German-based players on the #USMNT are being allowed to go to Belfast and some are not. So who knows what that means for Davies.

On 3/15/2021 at 5:40 PM, JasonDias said:

He's my cousin's kid.

At this very moment Canada. In a year's time who knows.

He's got a huge cohort of Portuguese players/friends he plays with on a daily with Sporting that are equally as good as him who are being called to play for Portugal. His position is crowded with that national squad. But I'd be lying if he hasn't shared that he wants to play with friends/people he has chemistry with. 

It's up to the CSA now to make it just as comfortable. 

He's shared some really good insight as to how both soccer federations treat their players (from how they pay players, have call up conversations, ensure your well being is always looked after, offer up insurance etc). Let's just say the CSA is still very green when compared to what Portugal and possibly more well funded/structured European nations have to offer. 

For Canada, it is always a key player here and a key player there who think that Canada is not quite a good choice. Right now, I am really pleased that Lucas Dias is leaning toward Canada.                                                                                                

If Lucas has a positive experience with Canada at these Olympic qualifiers,  I would suggest that he contact Marcello Flores and Ayo Akinola and share his positive vibes. Perhaps such a communication would encourage those two to lean Canada's way. I am not sure if such a thing is done among players, but almost certainly, such a call would not hurt.                      

All the very best to Lucas!

So after waiting a year to have anything to cheer about and finally getting excited about the upcoming matches, our joy is slowly being beaten to death by circumstances conspiring against us from what is seeming like every possible angle. 

Fuck me, this is turning into a very CMNT-fan type of experience.  

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

So after waiting a year to have anything to cheer about and finally getting excited about the upcoming matches, our joy is slowly being beaten to death by circumstances conspiring against us from what is seeming like every possible angle. 

Fuck me, this is turning into a very CMNT-fan type of experience.  

1 year and 4 months to be exact!  If Bermuda get their English based players and we don't get our Euro players that really sucks.  Suriname named Ryan Donk and Bisseswar so we should get Larin and James at the very least I hope

1 minute ago, Kadenge said:

1 year and 4 months to be exact!  If Bermuda get their English based players and we don't get our Euro players that really sucks.  Suriname named Ryan Donk and Bisseswar so we should get Larin and James at the very least I hope

DR named a player from St Pauli so hopefully that means Phonzy is a go. 

24 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

My "North America only and over 24" emergency roster in the Cayman Islands thread is looking more and more likely by the minute. :(

With those COVID cases at TFC, it makes things that much harder.

Could the TFC Covid outbreak be a blessing for the MNT in this case?  The way things are shaping up, some of those U23 players that would've been with the olympic team might be a good fit for the MNT.

Did not expect to see David or Davies (or Arfield or Hutch).  Larin might be able to go but Besiktas may have a strong say in that one.  The only one that I think will show up is Hoilett.  

If it is only “domestic players”, I like our chances this window even more than before.  But the integrity of the competition is being brought into doubt and will still not be shocked if there is a last minute postponement of this window from CONCACAF.

With the talk of the integrity of the competition being called into question, it got me trying to find when international windows were instituted. I believe it was in the 90s but my minute of googling didn't find any answers. I wasn't aware enough/don't recall for sure, but I feel like this is how it used to be before the 90s. You hope that your players get released. Or maybe players can leave but they are under a lot of pressure to not and might lose their jobs if they go. Can someone remind us what it was like in the old days? Is this any more/less unjust than the norm 25+ or 30+ years ago?

• Olympique_de_Marseille changed the title to WCQ: Canada vs Bermuda - March 25th 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific - Orlando FL