WCQ: Canada vs Bermuda - March 25th 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific - Orlando FL

19 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Are we planning on training before the match?

Surely the players need to fly over tomorrow to get a good 4/5 days training together? Don't they? Please? 2 days training seems mental.

Any Euro based player we do call would have a match this weekend. So they wouldn't arrive until March 22 maybe 

Other than money reasons our domestic based players should already be in Florida training together. A lot of other Concacaf nations are already doing this.

21 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Are we planning on training before the match?

Surely the players need to fly over tomorrow to get a good 4/5 days training together? Don't they? Please? 2 days training seems mental.

The most countries will have to train in this window is three days, maybe four if players leave early. There are club games scheduled on Sunday.

If our team isn't organized from lack of training and friendlies in the last year then we miss 4 or 5 of our top players and suffer a shocking loss to Bermuda this will make Suriname a must win match obviously! I think we should be ok regardless of circumstances but with the release of players from clubs not being equal this is being tainted, if we flame out here it will be years before we play a truly meaningful match again, the so called "Golden Age" of our national team will be long gone!

• Olympique_de_Marseille changed the title to Canada vs Bermuda - March 25th 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific - Orlando FL

You know the game is getting close when I start seeing the following types of comments on twitter.

"Why isn't the game on TSN or Sportsnet?"

"What the hell is OneSoccer?"

"Why the hell do I have to pay to watch the game?"  (while ignoring the fact TSN is not free)

"This is all the CSA's fault (insert unfounded theory)"

Edited by CanadianSoccerFan

The internet is a fun place

Is that like "Who the hell is Onesoccer" as in i need to know right away because i love Canadian soccer and I need to tune in

Is that like "Who the hell is Onesoccer" as in I've never heard of it, im honestly questioning whether its even a thing

Or is it like "Who the hell is Onesoccer" as in I know exactly who they are but this is my way of discrediting them and Canadian soccer by pretending to be completely bewildered by the fact thats where you have to watch Canadian soccer because if true by me pretending to be confused/outraged everyone else needs to feel shame as if anyone on planet earth cares what this person thinks

Edited by SpursFlu

17 minutes ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

You know the game is getting close when I start seeing the following types of comments on twitter.

"Why isn't the game on TSN or Sportsnet?"

"What hell is OneSoccer?"

"Why the hell do I have to pay to watch the game?"  (while ignoring the fact TSN is not free)

"This is all the CSA's fault (insert unfounded theory)"

These same assholes probably subscribe to Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon Prime and don't even bat an eye.

Do EPL fans still complain about DAZN?

Edited by narduch

Among sports fans, some follow tennis, some follow basketball, some follow dart. Same thing happens to soccer fans, some follow individual player, some follow certain clubs, and some follow  countries.  

We as a hard core group of Canada Soccer supporters should welcome all who are still having CMNT/CWNT in their mind. We don't have much of luxery to lose, maybe 1% of total population in Canada know we are about to start a WCQ campaign ?

3 hours ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

I think after the initial shock, they realized DAZN is a great service.  I know I did.

However, I don't think anyone is going to say the same about OneSoccer.

Or, they were a bit more casual about soccer and once the EPL was no longer available on services they already owned, they didn't follow it. They sure aren't signing up for OneSoccer.

OneSoccer is good for everyone here.  There's no doubting that the Canada game will be televised, as we experienced for...decades. But, it's not great for reaching back out to that casual audience.  It's now incumbent on Canada Soccer to do something worthy of getting back on to TSN/Sportsnet.

5 hours ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

I think after the initial shock, they realized DAZN is a great service.  I know I did.

However, I don't think anyone is going to say the same about OneSoccer.

I don't know, DAZN can be pretty rough at times in terms of quality. It's got a wide range of selection, but, at least for me, anytime there's a big match I want to watch the quality becomes horrendous and I've got good wifi. If I had to chose between watching the premier league on cable or DAZN it would be cable every day of the week.

8 hours ago, Watchmen said:

Or, they were a bit more casual about soccer and once the EPL was no longer available on services they already owned, they didn't follow it.

That is what happened to me.  EPL used to be the league I followed most - since the 90’a.  Watched pretty much every game on TV and cheered for Spurs.  But with my focus shifting to Canadian club footy (initially MLS and then going all in with CPL) I found that there just wasn’t enough justification to get DAZN.  It may be a good service but there are only so many hours in the day.  And now that I watch every Bayern and Lille game I have access to through SN and OS, I really have no need for EPL or DAZN.  

42 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

That is what happened to me.  EPL used to be the league I followed most - since the 90’a.  Watched pretty much every game on TV and cheered for Spurs. But with my focus shifting to Canadian club footy (initially MLS and then going all in with CPL) I found that there just wasn’t enough justification to get DAZN.  It may be a good service but there are only so many hours in the day.  And now that I watch every Bayern and Lille game I have access to through SN and OS, I really have no need for EPL or DAZN.  

Looks like that worked out for you.

Edited by Greatest Cockney Rip Off

7 hours ago, SkuseisLoose said:

I don't know, DAZN can be pretty rough at times in terms of quality. It's got a wide range of selection, but, at least for me, anytime there's a big match I want to watch the quality becomes horrendous and I've got good wifi. If I had to chose between watching the premier league on cable or DAZN it would be cable every day of the week.

Depends on which platform the app is on,  since it has to be designed specifically for each of them. Everywhere I view it is usually good, Xbox One, Samsung Smartphone - Android, web browser ( Chrome, IE, etc.), IPhone. Only one that has a weird choppiness to it is the Samsung Smart TV, but I think they recently fixed that.

• Olympique_de_Marseille changed the title to WCQ: Canada vs Bermuda - March 25th 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific - Orlando FL