WCQ: Canada vs Bermuda - March 25th 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific - Orlando FL

The last several year I always remember the roster coming 10 days before. I understand this game is different because of the quarantine rules but one would think at this point if Herdman hasn’t gotten approval for some guys to be released yet it’s because they aren’t coming. 

6 minutes ago, narduch said:

I had read on Twitter from one of our media guys to expect it on the 21 or 22 but I can't find it now.

Really there is no reason they can't announce it now. Most of our region has been doing it

apparently getting guys released is coming down to the wire.

5 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

https://sbisoccer.com/2021/03/report-borussia-dortmund-will-not-allow-usmnts-reyna-to-face-northern-ireland/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Most likely no Davies then right?  US is considered a ‘risk area’ by Germany that requires quarantine.

The US games are in Austria and Northern Ireland 

Edited by narduch

7 minutes ago, narduch said:

10 minutes ago, narduch said:

Understood our game and their games are in different places but the quarantine restrictions appear to be potentially the same.

2 hours ago, Club Linesman said:

Dont disagree with that.  CSA must start capitalizing on the super stars we have and start putting in games and making some money.  

Let's not forget the name of the hame here as well

We need to win soccer games

Yes of course winning helps too.  We need results to generate buzz to generate some games in BC with Alphonso so we can put 40000 butts in seats at 30-50$ a pop and generate some much needed income for the program.  Unless the government is gonna do an own the podium thing in prep for the World Cup, we need these things to happen so the program can sustain itself and become closer to top tier nations.

2 hours ago, Shway said:

https://canadasoccer.com/staff/ looks like some cuts were made, as last time I checked there was 50+ employees/staff members. Now there's just under 50. 

That's just a staff list, not really an org chart.

46 staff listed, not sure where you cut the "bloat." There's obviously going to be two coaching staffs so it would be difficult to get it under 40.

1 hour ago, BuzzAndSting said:

That's just a staff list, not really an org chart.

46 staff listed, not sure where you cut the "bloat." There's obviously going to be two coaching staffs so it would be difficult to get it under 40.

You’re right. But they are listed by department. One with experience could make a logical assumption based on what is there. 

My main point was “We have a real problem when 30-35% of our revenue has been dependent on recreational and competitive player, coach and referee fees. The past year has shown that.”

So with a staff of 40 or whatever, and 30% revenue coming from player fees, and the same number going to administration, marketing, and communications....I’m no business analysts - but something is wrong.

But highlite I spelt highlight wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Shway said:

You’re right. But they are listed by department. One with experience could make a logical assumption based on what is there.

True, I was just very curious if something was published in a strat plan or something. I'm most curious about the relationship between the Program heads and the executive and the dynamic between the two.

5 minutes ago, Floortom said:

So if we played Bermuda in say, Cyprus we'd be fine, but Norway or the US (let alone Canada), then forget about it?

That is a joke. If countries can't get their best players for WCQ they need to be postponed until we can, or FIFA has to mandate against the clubs doing this. Not that I will hold my breath waiting for this.

3 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

No canceling. Gotta move forward. Can't let these people take away our culture. If we have to plow forward with domestics, so be it. We just need to get thru this play in stage

If Suriname and Bermuda can't call people from Europe we should be able to crush them anyways

It's not a question of the people taking away our culture, they are taking away our best players. In what universe is Ligue 1 allowing Weah to play for the US in a friendly but at the same time his teammate not being allowed to play in a WCQ match fair or equitable?

2 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

It's not a question of the people taking away our culture, they are taking away our best players. In what universe is Ligue 1 allowing Weah to play for the US in a friendly but at the same time his teammate not being allowed to play in a WCQ match fair or equitable?

The integrity of the entire competition is questionable if this is allowed.

18 minutes ago, Floortom said:

3 hours ago, narduch said:

There was talk about Lille wanting to hold back David...saw Weah get named to the US team for their Euro friendlies.

3 hours ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

The only difference would be Weah staying in Europe for his friendlies while David has to go to Florida. 

3 hours ago, Alex said:

But Weah has to return after the first game. 

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2021/03/berhalter-calls-players-for-usmnt-camp-ahead-of-friendlies-against-jamaica-and-northern-ireland

Now we know that it's not a one-game thing but an EU thing. The first game for the #USMNT will be in Austria (in the EU) so Weah can go. Their second match is in Belfast, outside the EU, so Weah was denied.

• Olympique_de_Marseille changed the title to WCQ: Canada vs Bermuda - March 25th 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific - Orlando FL