Mo Farsi

Reign

28 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

Would much rather him in MLS if the European option is Norway

The Norway route worked out pretty good for Adekugbe. I think going to Norway you have a better shot of locking down minutes on merit, whereas in MLS chances are high that you get left out due to politics. MLS can also be a difficult league to leave.  

17 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

The Norway route worked out pretty good for Adekugbe. I think going to Norway you have a better shot of locking down minutes on merit, whereas in MLS chances are high that you get left out due to politics. MLS can also be a difficult league to leave.  

For sure, I would rather he go anywhere he can play regular minutes. Just saying if he can get minutes in MLS, would love to see that move. The quality of MLS is really quite good now imo, and if successful, a CPL - MLS pipeline for some prospects would be great. 

2 hours ago, Chad_Impact said:

For sure, I would rather he go anywhere he can play regular minutes. Just saying if he can get minutes in MLS, would love to see that move. The quality of MLS is really quite good now imo, and if successful, a CPL - MLS pipeline for some prospects would be great. 

I agree, minutes are the priority. Maybe I'm looking at this wrong but honestly for any of our young guys, I kinda hope they make the move over to Europe early. Once you're over there, it's easier to make a lateral move to another country, regardless of an increase or decrease in level. If you're in the MLS, unless you become one of the better players, your chances to move abroad decrease and you're left with being a MLS journeyman or going down to the USL or CPL if MLS doesn't workout

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

Somebody other than Montreal needs to start taking chances on CPL players, and MLS is the most logical next step. 

Toronto doesn't seem interested at all in the CPL, Vancouver aren't in the market for someone of Farsi's profile, so other than Montreal is there really a market for him in the MLS?  Would be great if there was but as an International, most US based MLS teams would rather probably take someone from the USL.  

Given he's free, perhaps a MLS2 team (MLS Next Pro League) for a season could be a good gamble.  

1 hour ago, Aird25 said:

Somebody other than Montreal needs to start taking chances on CPL players, and MLS is the most logical next step. 

Its hard enough for TFC to find time for the academy kids to get some minutes.  But Farsi does seem to click a lot of boxes for an MLS team, young but not green, free transfer, cheap wages, probably would be happy with spot duty and yo-yoing up and down from the reserve team.  And Bradley has been a guy that has recycled lower league players into useful pieces in the past.  

48 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Its hard enough for TFC to find time for the academy kids to get some minutes.  But Farsi does seem to click a lot of boxes for an MLS team, young but not green, free transfer, cheap wages, probably would be happy with spot duty and yo-yoing up and down from the reserve team.  And Bradley has been a guy that has recycled lower league players into useful pieces in the past.  

Mo Farsi to TFC I actually wouldn't mind that either especially since TFC are going through somewhat of a rebuild

1 hour ago, Footyeh said:

Toronto doesn't seem interested at all in the CPL, Vancouver aren't in the market for someone of Farsi's profile, so other than Montreal is there really a market for him in the MLS?  Would be great if there was but as an International, most US based MLS teams would rather probably take someone from the USL.  

Given he's free, perhaps a MLS2 team (MLS Next Pro League) for a season could be a good gamble.  

Has to be an American team, Montreal are still not interested in him according to Tristan D’amoure, TFC and Van don’t really need a full back.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, SoccMan said:

He is one step away from the MLS ,  if he plays well there the Crew will not hesitate to bring him up to their first team .

The issue might be having only 8 international roster spots on the senior roster but their Next Pro team now having space for 7 more imports could be a place to park players that are viewed as a bit of a project rather than someone who can contribute straight away while they potentially sort a green card:

https://www.dirtysouthsoccer.com/2018/3/1/17066212/mls-green-cards-immigration-process

7 hours ago, Shway said:

For all the chatter this is extremely underwhelming. Reason why they say talk is cheap.

I hope he does whatever it takes to move to the first team, so this doesn’t look all that sad.

Maybe Terran and Alessandro’s move to Forge, really wasn’t all that bad.

1 hour ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

The issue might be having only 8 international roster spots on the senior roster but their Next Pro team now having space for 7 more imports could be a place to park players that are viewed as a bit of a project rather than someone who can contribute straight away while they potentially sort a green card:

https://www.dirtysouthsoccer.com/2018/3/1/17066212/mls-green-cards-immigration-process

We will have to see how MLS Next Pro shakes out, at this point I see him playing with and against a bunch of teenagers (homegrown players) and college graduates, seems a step down, we don't know the salary structure of the league yet, that could be a factor.

Wish him luck and that this is a good move for his development.

Edit: Cavalry said that money wasn't the issue.

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM