Mo Farsi

Reign

18 hours ago, Kent said:

And one of our main strikers off the bench was Marcus Haber, who was a centreback at youth levels if I'm not mistaken.

Haber was always a striker through out youth football. It was only Dale Mitchell who decided to experiment with him as a CB on our U20 team.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Shway said:

Unless guys aren’t available, nIt would be bringing him in for bringing in sake.

Johnston and Laryea are just too solid and consistent for Canada.

It’s the reason why ZBG has performed well in red, but doesn’t get called back. 

I think the idea is that one of those two squads may see a fair bit of rotation.  

With the way he's playing and the talk of Algeria sniffing around, we should be locking him down this summer. It's not like he doesn't deserve a call.

Someone like ZBG could arguably be called ahead of him, but after losing out on Mitrovic and Flores, I am perfectly okay with the dual-national factor being the tie-breaker when calling guys up. 

1 minute ago, narduch said:

I still think Johnston skips the Gold Cup

If it conflicts with Celtics champions league schedule then I see it....
But other than that, he's the ironman of the squad, and continues to play the most games YoY. I don't think it stops now.

12 hours ago, Obinna said:

Someone like ZBG could arguably be called ahead of him, but after losing out on Mitrovic and Flores, I am perfectly okay with the dual-national factor being the tie-breaker when calling guys up. 

I really don't know who should be called to these tourneys, but I have a question. If the dual-national factor is the tie breaker now, how about when Farsi is cap tied? Is the tie-breaker that he has more recent experience with the national team so as long as he can at least match ZBG he gets priority in perpetuity? Or do we somewhat cynically cap-tie and then go back to ZBG for our non-Johnstone/Laryea call ups?