Mo Farsi

Reign

6 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Why don't you just ask him personally, being an insider, instead of making up lame excuses for him, justifying his immaturity, about how someone hurt his feelings when he was teen in a Canada camp?

I think he was 21. The U-23 Olympic qualifiers were 3 years ago and he is 24 right now so....math.

I believe him and Abzi were replacement call ups for that tournament. Perhaps there was an issue in regards to that on some level, maybe a miscommunication of some sort or the player felt mislead in some way. 

I find it interesting that him and Abzi have been flirting with other nations and both were replacement call ups. Makes me wonder if Abzi also had issues similar to Farsi.

1 minute ago, Obinna said:

I think he was 21. The U-23 Olympic qualifiers were 3 years ago and he is 24 right now so....math.

I believe him and Abzi were replacement call ups for that tournament. Perhaps there was an issue in regards to that on some level, maybe a miscommunication of some sort or the player felt mislead in some way. 

I find it interesting that him and Abzi have been flirting with other nations and both were replacement call ups. Makes me wonder if Abzi also had issues similar to Farsi.

I am not sure if they would even be age-group eligible for the Paris Olympics, were they?

Abzi clearly got over those "snubs", if you can call them that, because, after saying things when in France about maybe wanting to represent Morocco, he was just on our pre-list. So I assume he was pleased to be there and agreed to be there. And he'd realize that, hardly playing, his chances were low. If Abzi had played more minutes, still modest but a few hundred, I think he'd be quite close to our 23. And it turns out he's a fullback and that is what we are having problems with in this call-up.

Just now, Unnamed Trialist said:

I am not sure if they would even be age-group eligible for the Paris Olympics, were they?

Abzi clearly got over those "snubs", if you can call them that, because, after saying things when in France about maybe wanting to represent Morocco, he was just on our pre-list. So I assume he was pleased to be there and agreed to be there. And he'd realize that, hardly playing, his chances were low. If Abzi had played more minutes, still modest but a few hundred, I think he'd be quite close to our 23. And it turns out he's a fullback and that is what we are having problems with in this call-up.

Could also be that he's being practical and understanding he's too far down Morocco's depth chart. As much as I don't believe Farsi has the body of work to justify an Algeria call (yet), his resume is arguably stronger than Abzi's right now. I love that Abzi is at Leganes on loan and they are about to promote, but he hasn't played much as you know.

@Unnamed Trialist as for the Olympics thing, stuff got messed around with because of the covid year, so players as old as 1997 were playing in those qualifiers for Canada. Cornelius wore the armband and Tajon broke out in that tournament. Tabla, Metcalfe, and new Filipino international Baldisimo also played for us in that tournament, as did a very young but promising Lucas Dias. 

The TFC players like Nelson, Schaffleburg and others missed out due to something I cannot recall.

13 minutes ago, Obinna said:

@Unnamed Trialist as for the Olympics thing, stuff got messed around with because of the covid year, so players as old as 1997 were playing in those qualifiers for Canada. Cornelius wore the armband and Tajon broke out in that tournament. Tabla, Metcalfe, and new Filipino international Baldisimo also played for us in that tournament, as did a very young but promising Lucas Dias. 

The TFC players like Nelson, Schaffleburg and others missed out due to something I cannot recall.

That's why I didn't want to entirely rule that out, but still: it was Olympic qualifiers. 

I actually am not bothered if a player chooses another country as long as they're not bothered. My problem is when they obviously are not at peace about their decisions. I see Koleosho has never made dumb excuses, he moves forward, does not burn bridges or slag things in the past that can't be changed. If you are sure about your decision, move on, be gracious, don't badmouth. It is the same principle I most strongly defend (defended) when it came to ex-girlfriends, shut up and move on and tell everyone she was nice and we weren't compatible. 

Everything else is showing yourself to be a cad.

7 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Why don't you just ask him personally, being an insider, instead of making up lame excuses for him, justifying his immaturity, about how someone hurt his feelings when he was teen in a Canada camp?

I don't think reading is your strong suit lol.  You said "I bet he hasn't spoken to or had a whiff from the Algerian federation"... but literally the interview he just did says he spoke with the manager lol.  That's what I'm pointing out.

37 minutes ago, Footyeh said:

I don't think reading is your strong suit lol.  You said "I bet he hasn't spoken to or had a whiff from the Algerian federation"... but literally the interview he just did says he spoke with the manager lol.  That's what I'm pointing out.

What I read is you consistently use inside information you have about younger guys on the Canadian map to justify them not playing for Canada. I think that is hermeneutically accurate and demonstrable over a few cases.

In any case you are pointing to a comment I rectified, openly and happily, in reply to one of the posters here, who showed me my error. You harping on it multiple days later is bad faith and doesn't contribute to you rectifying your questionable stance on multi-nationals.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

25 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

What I read is you consistently use inside information you have about younger guys on the Canadian map to justify them not playing for Canada. I think that is hermeneutically accurate and demonstrable over a few cases.

In any case you are pointing to a comment I rectified, openly and happily, in reply to one of the posters here, who showed me my error. You harping on it multiple days later is bad faith and doesn't contribute to you rectifying your questionable stance on multi-nationals.

All times Eastern coming up. You made a comment with 2 incorrect statements in it at 10:24am yesterday. Obinna corrected you about a half hour later about the claim that Farsi had never lived in Algeria. 

Footyeh's correction message came "19 hours ago" which would put it at around 8 or 9 pm yesterday and it was about the claim that Farsi "has never had a call or a whiff from their national program". So it was about 10 hours after your mistake and I don't believe anyone else corrected you on this particular mistake. Not exactly harping on it multiple days later.

3 minutes ago, Kent said:

All times Eastern coming up. You made a comment with 2 incorrect statements in it at 10:24am yesterday. Obinna corrected you about a half hour later about the claim that Farsi had never lived in Algeria. 

Footyeh's correction message came "19 hours ago" which would put it at around 8 or 9 pm yesterday and it was about the claim that Farsi "has never had a call or a whiff from their national program". So it was about 10 hours after your mistake and I don't believe anyone else corrected you on this particular mistake. Not exactly harping on it multiple days later.

Thanks for the clarification, but you still left out my clear rectification and admission I was wrong after Obinna's statement. 

I don't know what you get from stalking my posts, but if you are going to make a semblance of accuracy, don't edit out me apologizing profusely, that is bad faith too.

2 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Thanks for the clarification, but you still left out my clear rectification and admission I was wrong after Obinna's statement. 

I don't know what you get from stalking my posts, but if you are going to make a semblance of accuracy, don't edit out me apologizing profusely, that is bad faith too.

Sorry, I had it in there before I realized the first error and acknowledgement was about a different fact than what Footyeh was referring to. I guess I trimmed it out as part that was incorrectly worded after realizing the 2 corrections were about different matters. I didn't mean to leave out your apology on purpose.

I had a bit about how you acknowledged but didn't edit the original comment, which makes it still visible for later comers to see the mistake, and when threads are as active as this one sometimes people don't have the time/patience to read through it all before responding. But I realized that point was moot since the correction he made was a new one.

57 minutes ago, Kent said:

Sorry, I had it in there before I realized the first error and acknowledgement was about a different fact than what Footyeh was referring to. I guess I trimmed it out as part that was incorrectly worded after realizing the 2 corrections were about different matters. I didn't mean to leave out your apology on purpose.

I had a bit about how you acknowledged but didn't edit the original comment, which makes it still visible for later comers to see the mistake, and when threads are as active as this one sometimes people don't have the time/patience to read through it all before responding. But I realized that point was moot since the correction he made was a new one.

That was kind of you, I am a snarky mood and getting into tiffs on the board too much lately, so that is entirely on me. So I apologize again.

I don't mind being wrong on Farsi, if he has had whiffs from Algeria, great, but my opinion is still the same: don't make excuses, just go to your new country and move on, don't slag Canada on the way. 

24 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Classy answer from Wheeler and Platt on the Farsi topic.

Interesting to see the contrast between their takes and some of the reactions here. 

They're free to pick whichever country they're eligible for, and fans are free to be mad and not welcome them back fondly if they change their mind. Time heals all wounds but players like Hoilett and Vitoria holding out when the program was 10x as shambolic as it is now is a lot more understandable than this. 

• 3 weeks later...