Mo Farsi

Reign

5 minutes ago, InBorjanWeTrust said:

Mo Farsi is one of the best talents to come out of the cpl. He also fits the style of fullback that John and the national team are looking for. 

I'm really hoping we get to see the likes of Farsi, Abzi, Rea and Wright in the national team at some point soon. Not to mention Waterman as well, but i think the younger guys have higher ceilings than Joel. It would be an awesome look for the league!

Don't forget Zator! Out of the names mentioned he may be the next one to break into the national team. So far, he's the only one to have attended a camp, now he's getting TOTW honours in Poland's top flight. 

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

How did he do ? 

Sounds like he okay at the beginning, got called on a really harsh penalty the fans are still mad at the referees for but on the whole Columbus got pummeled by Philly (which isn't too surprising as Philly are favourites this year to win everything.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So happy for him, what a great job Cavalry and Crew have done developing.

It is sad that Montreal never rated him, he is a Crepeau style miss. I’m not sure if he would have been given the same chances in Montreal and exposure but he was worth signing last year. 

His success will only further the notion that Can PL talent can play in MLS.

They won’t all succeed but pieces can be found. I would also argue that Abzi is another big miss.

For all the praise MTL got last year, we have missed some cheap Canadian talent that could have been put to use elsewhere. We could have easily used the GAM for another position, while signing Farsi or Abzi and taking a flyer on them for LWB and RWB…

it is what it is but hopefully Renard looks to the Can PL again in the future.

11 minutes ago, costarg said:

We were also bringing on CB's when down 2-0. 

🎵 Four centrebacks!  You're playing four centrebacks!  Four centrebaa-acks!  In a do or die maa-atch! 🎵

(I sang this to the tune of Guantanamera  at Floro while watching from home the Costa Rica match at BMO in the 2015 Gold Cup, when a draw would do us no good).  

1 hour ago, BearcatSA said:

🎵 Four centrebacks!  You're playing four centrebacks!  Four centrebaa-acks!  In a do or die maa-atch! 🎵

(I sang this to the tune of Guantanamera  at Floro while watching from home the Costa Rica match at BMO in the 2015 Gold Cup, when a draw would do us no good).  

Not sure if i should laugh or cry.  It's still to fresh.

Farsi, and Abzi at York were two standouts for me in early CanPL. The league offers a pathway for young players who may have just given up on the game or gone on to play semi-pro or amateur. Can only be a benefit for the game in Canada. So many players with potential could have benefited from such a league. Shaun Saiko springs to mind as someone who would have benefited from a pro league in Canada (although he did play NASL), but yeah i imagine you lot can think of better examples of players who would have benefited from a league like this during the early 2000s/2010s. Great to see Farsi getting recognition and great to see the growing pool of players for the MNT.

On 4/9/2023 at 1:15 PM, BearcatSA said:

And one of our main strikers off the bench was Marcus Haber, who was a centreback at youth levels if I'm not mistaken.