Richlord Ennin

Big_M

On 1/23/2022 at 4:59 PM, Xavier. said:

Clip of the Goal

Look at the background in the video.  Look beyond the pitch and game that he is playing in.    Does that even look professional?   Does that even look more professional than CPL?  

It looks like a match at the KIA training grounds in Downsview.   Well all know which teams play at the KIA training grounds.   Would we even consider capping players who play for clubs who play their matches at the KIA training grounds in Downview?  Why should we make the exception here for this fellow? 

Edited by Free kick

2 minutes ago, Free kick said:

Look at the background in the video.  Look beyond the pitch and game that he is playing in.    Does that even look professional?   Does that even look more professional than CPL? 

Its a mid season friendly during their winter break.

Where exactly are they supposed to play a game like that?

1 hour ago, Free kick said:

It looks like a match at the KIA training grounds in Downsview.   Well all know which teams play at the KIA training grounds.   Would we even consider capping players who play for clubs who play their matches at the KIA training grounds in Downview?  Why should we make the exception here for this fellow? 

Surely that was an official match and not a friendly...

Edited by Xavier.

29 minutes ago, Free kick said:

Is this a parody of that Yankov comment or

1 hour ago, Free kick said:

Is this a Kia advertisement? 

Does that mean we dont call up any mls players because their pre season was at similar grounds in florida and california? 

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Atlantic said:

Ennin has looked decent in Russia, I can’t imagine he would want to go back to play in Latvia. 

Can’t see it happening either.
This rule was created for the likes of Ukrainians playing in RPL, who obviously are conflicted/don’t want too

Outside of this, I think the players who will take advantage of this are ones who are in a bad situation/not playing. 

It would be stupid for Richie to make that decision now. 

8 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I don’t want to reopen another political debate but I can very much imagine a scenario where someone would want to get the hell out of Russia right now even if it means dropping down a bit in terms of competitive level.   

Wanting to eat McDonald's isn't political, it's just the best way to free fries when the raps hit enough 3s

9 hours ago, kacbru said:

I presume he is paid in rubles, so a move is not going to hurt financially at least over the short term. 

I'm seeing that most clubs in Russia pay their players in Euros. I know there's a similar issue with Jamaica's Shamar Nicholson being asked to Leave Russia by the Jamaican government and that Spartak Moscow's owner has ensured his players will be paid in Euros for the next two years.

NN is much smaller though so there could be different circumstances there.

1 minute ago, VinceA said:

I'm seeing that most clubs in Russia pay their players in Euros. I know there's a similar issue with Jamaica's Shamar Nicholson being asked to Leave Russia by the Jamaican government and that Spartak Moscow's owner has ensured his players will be paid in Euros for the next two years.

NN is much smaller though so there could be different circumstances there.

I know he's being asked but talk about overreach. 

Ennin shouldn't leave Russia just yet. Forget all the politics - this is where he's carved his name so far, he's valued there and seemingly enjoying his time as well. His club plays in a beautiful stadium and he's managed by a Russian legend. 

I can't imagine him having an opportunity in a league as good as the RPL if he chose to leave right now.

7 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I know he's being asked but talk about overreach.

What do you mean by overreach? I don't think the government is demanding he come home.

The Jamaican government still has to consider what they would have to do if their citizen, a famous one at that, were trapped in another country.

Edited by Ruffian

1 minute ago, Ruffian said:

What do you mean by overreach? I don't think the government is demanding he come home.

Yes, as I said - I know he's being asked. It's just unprecedented that a government would feel the need to ask a private citizen to discontinue their employment in a certain country. 

1 minute ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Yes, as I said - I know he's being asked. It's just unprecedented that a government would feel the need to ask a private citizen to discontinue their employment in a certain country. 

I believe most western nations have told their citizens to leave Russia. This is a pretty common thing during elevated tensions like these. This is not unprecedented.

• 4 weeks later...