Richlord Ennin

Big_M

7 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

Damn you're right. I'm sure he didn't mean he was 5 games into his pro career. It may have been a slip of the tongue because he got it right at 12:10

Yeah the beginning of it sounds more of what he was actually trying to say. He may have said pro career at the end but meant Russian Premier League or new team. 

Don’t think it is a big deal. If he continues to play well Herdman will have a look at him. 

He's just humming and hawing, it's a bit pathetic. Just shut up. 

2nd division Russian last season, much of that has to be equivalent to part of a Bundesliga 3 or League One. I mean, he was in Serie D three years ago--bet that is as good as CPL

But I suspect he simply does not know what he's talking about. He does not know he played in the Baltic leagues fully pro; he is unaware he had a season in Russian 2nd. 

A guy has gone from Serie D to Russian top flight in just over two years. So shut up.

Tracking and signing up players is essentially Herdman's special purpose. So I doubt it's that he doesn't know about Ennin or his history. If we're leaving Arfields behind (also not calling up any breathing MLSer like we used to) we're not going to call up a guy mid WCQ whose history until 2020 is essentially quasi-amateur, potentially disrupting his good run with Novgorod to have him sit on the bench or appear as a late sub. The question is - is he eligible for anyone else? Ghana?

53 minutes ago, The Real Marc said:

Tracking and signing up players is essentially Herdman's special purpose. So I doubt it's that he doesn't know about Ennin or his history. If we're leaving Arfields behind (also not calling up any breathing MLSer like we used to) we're not going to call up a guy mid WCQ whose history until 2020 is essentially quasi-amateur, potentially disrupting his good run with Novgorod to have him sit on the bench or appear as a late sub. The question is - is he eligible for anyone else? Ghana?

Transfermarkt says yes to Ghana.

• 3 weeks later...

He's back from injury. Sounds like he had a decent game despite a 4-1 loss - sofascore gave him a 6.8 with an average team rating of 6.36. 

What keeps sticking out is his ability to win the ball high up the pitch. He made 5 successful tackles even deployed as a striker. It's not something we get from any other forward really.

1 hour ago, PiedPilko said:

He's back from injury. Sounds like he had a decent game despite a 4-1 loss - sofascore gave him a 6.8 with an average team rating of 6.36. 

What keeps sticking out is his ability to win the ball high up the pitch. He made 5 successful tackles even deployed as a striker. It's not something we get from any other forward really.

I definitely want to see a game or two with hIm in it.  Despite the lack of a call so far, a kid this age, with decent size, and playing at this level, is fairly exciting.  

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Hasn't featured or even been on the bench in his team's last two games. Wonder what is going on.

The team is also slipping into the relegation spots. 

They have been playing with a small bench for the last while, others missing including Ennin. Probably covid.

• 2 weeks later...

Although he got some minutes two weeks ago (in late November), he wasn't in the Nizhny Novgorod squad last weekend or for today's match.

Therefore, his mid-season winter break has now begun as the Russian League will resume in late February.

As many others have mentioned, he could be a good Camp Poutine call-up.

• 1 month later...

He scored in the friendly.

image.png.0cf0d8ffa9e7644fccc34ed046d11a7e.png

He has a solid stature. He consistently plays behind the strikers giving him the knack to create and score. Something we don’t typically have. 

I know he hasn’t played much recently, but when he has he’s been playing at a level that’s higher than a few of our rotational guys. 

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

He will be in Moscow twice next week:

At Dynamo on Tuesday and At CSKA on Saturday.

@finchster , will you go and watch him? (Don't tell them you're a Spartak Fan!)

Bro, I got the fuck out of Russia two months ago. I had some visa problems and went to Turkey. I was planning to go back when my Visa problems were solved. Lol, I think once I get a vaccine here in Turkey I am going home.