Richlord Ennin

Big_M

While I am mildly skeptical of performance in Russia, as the USMNT/American players have no real track record there, if Whoscored is anything to go by, Ennin has nearly a 7 rating in 3 games. His last 2 were 7.4 and 7.2, after a 6.4 in his debut.

FTR: That's quite good. A 7ish rating would put him in the top 40. A 7.3 would put him top 10. 

Edited by One American

On 9/16/2021 at 10:40 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

@finchster , are you still in Moscow?

Do you support a Russian club team?

His last two matches were @ Khimki (Northern suburbs of Moscow) and @ Dynamo.

Did you go to either match?

Unless it's in the Cup, I don't think he plays in Moscow again until the spring.

Hey man, I am still in Moscow and I support Spartak ;) 

I haven't been going to games lately for many reasons .

2 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Sometimes the car salesman forgets about that factory charge for the undercoating.  You cant expect them to remember everything. 

HEHEHE.... someone on the staff has copy of a spreadsheet with 3000 names on it.  He didnt mention that Brym who did get called is only 4 games into the pro career?? HAHAHA!!  

He has called Brym before and maybe wants another look at him. That might be all that separates them in Herdman's eyes.

Hopefully Ennin gets a look in the upcoming windows. 

It seems like a 50/50 call...and he has already had Brym.  So one kind of coach goes with the same guy and another brings in a different guy.  I'm all for expanding the pool and getting more guys involved in this new "brotherhood" the guys have going on.  Maybe Cornelius, Millar, Shaff, Brym, ZBG get into those huddles with Borjan screaming and yelling and they take that fire back to their club teams and tear up their leagues!!  

9 hours ago, Chad_Impact said:

Yeah Brym over Ennin is a very strange selection IMO. Hope he proves us wrong

Don't get me wrong, I think Ennin should get a look at some point, but I don't blame Herdman for going with the guy he knows for this window... cause really, is 5 games and 0 goals for a mid/lower table Russian Prem club moving the needle for us right now? Probably not, so might as well go with the guys you know.

20 minutes ago, A_Gagne said:

Don't get me wrong, I think Ennin should get a look at some point, but I don't blame Herdman for going with the guy he knows for this window... cause really, is 5 games and 0 goals for a mid/lower table Russian Prem club moving the needle for us right now? Probably not, so might as well go with the guys you know.

His playmaking has been really good though. There's a point where you have to be a little more adventurous - a known quantity known for underwhelming doesn't do much for you. 

I'm not saying it'll make much of a difference - neither of them would be likely to appear. Still, it's not like Brym has a wealth of experience with the senior team. Now that we're taking an expanded squad, we should be inviting the guy doing just as well at a higher level.

5 hours ago, PiedPilko said:

Now that we're taking an expanded squad, we should be inviting the guy doing just as well at a higher level.

This. What’s it to add another guy, considering 4 players are questionable.

There’s literally only 3 forwards in the squad! Two of which are in the questionable group.

17 hours ago, canuckgbp said:

That Alexandre Gangue-Ruzic misheard what Herdman said. It wasn't, "He's 5 games into his pro career..." That was Ruzic making the mistake and attributing it to Herdman. Here's what  Heardman really said. Starts at 12:10

Edited by Sal333

16 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

That Alexandre Gangue-Ruzic misheard what Herdman said. It wasn't, "He's 5 games into his pro career..." That was Ruzic making the mistake and attributing it to Herdman. Here's what  Heardman really said. Starts at 12:10

He says it at about 13:50 unless I am hearing it wrong. Seems to be exactly that quote. 

5 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

He says it at about 13:50 unless I am hearing it wrong. Seems to be exactly that quote. 

Damn you're right. I'm sure he didn't mean he was 5 games into his pro career. It may have been a slip of the tongue because he got it right at 12:10

Edited by Sal333