Richlord Ennin

Big_M

Played in USL in 2016 with Toronto

2017-18 and first half of 2018-19 in Serie D

2019 played in the top tier of Latvia with Spartaks Jurmala getting 5 goals and 6 assists in 22 games played and 19 starts

2020 joined Zalgiris Vilnius in the top tier of Lithuania and won the Supercup in his first appearance then got 1 goal 2 assists in his first league match

A player to watch..Cebara who is now with Valour was in the top tier of Lithuania three years ago 

36 minutes ago, Big_M said:

Played in USL in 2016 with Toronto

2017-18 and first half of 2018-19 in Serie D

2019 played in the top tier of Latvia with Spartaks Jurmala getting 5 goals and 6 assists in 22 games played and 19 starts

2020 joined Zalgiris Vilnius in the top tier of Lithuania and won the Supercup in his first appearance then got 1 goal 2 assists in his first league match

A player to watch..Cebara who is now with Valour was in the top tier of Lithuania three years ago 

Tosaint Ricketts was there last year as well so this is interesting for sure.  I believe there is already a thread for this player but he moved on loan to get continental football so one to watch for sure. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/11/2021 at 10:34 AM, Big_M said:

starting in performing with tomsk who are trying to survive in the second tier (very unlikely now) so no way he was getting released

and on that note, picks up another full 90' and the consolation goal (as well as a booking) in a 2-1 loss.

Edited by bfque8

On 3/11/2021 at 7:34 AM, Big_M said:

starting in performing with tomsk who are trying to survive in the second tier (very unlikely now) so no way he was getting released

I realise I am starting to sound like Grandpa Simpson around here these days, but I seem to remember some very similar posts about DiChiara and the possibility of him making the National team when he was first breaking through in Russia.

1 hour ago, nolando said:

I realise I am starting to sound like Grandpa Simpson around here these days, but I seem to remember some very similar posts about DiChiara and the possibility of him making the National team when he was first breaking through in Russia.

I understand your point, but I do not think this is the best comparision.  Before going to Russia, Ennin had more professional experience than Di Chiara had when he signed with Sovetov.  I am not saying Ennin should be called up to the national team. He and Di Chiara have had different career paths.

Edited by Buchta

talking about olympic team here and not first senior team..di chiara played five games in the first tier of russia in 2011-12 then went to hungary where he didnt play and then the second tier of russia in 2013 where he only played one game..will be interesting to see how far ennin can go

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Atlantic said:

Was confused looking at Transfermarkt but think I got it now. It says in 2019 he signed to Spartaks in Latvia, then loaned to Zalgiris in Lituania which is a step up, then to Tomsk in Russia 2nd tier, then going back and forth, back to Spartaks, then to Zalgiris and reloaned to Tomsk until this summer. When he is returned to Spartaks and now the loan is to Novgorod of Alexander Nevsky fame.

If he's moved on loan to the Russian first tier, fabulous. Spartaks must have signed him to a fairly long contract. And agreed, @Floortom immediately has to put him in our NT picture.

Playing in Tomsk, which has to be one of the most isolated places to be (I'm being something-centric, I know). I spent some time some months ago looking at the nearby geography, smack in the middle of the Asian continent, I recommend it, fascinating: not that far from Mongolia, near Lake Bakal, close to a little finger of China...

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

If he's putting in solid performances and can haul some decent G/A, I would think this puts him above Corbeanu, Tabla, Pasher... maybe even Millar, on the wings. I would add Hoilett, because the free agency situation is a bit concerning, but I think he's proven enough in his career and the Gold Cup to stay in a 23-man WCQ squad. Only so long that can last, though. Soon, guys like Ennin and Corbeanu should be given preference because of age.

The Russian Premier League is no joke. It's ranked 7th by UEFA, behind England, Germany, Spain, Italy, France and Portugal. Ahead of the Netherlands, Belgium, Turkey, etc.

Remember, they had THREE UCL reps in the 2020-21 edition.

35 minutes ago, SwedishBadMan said:

If he's putting in solid performances and can haul some decent G/A, I would think this puts him above Corbeanu, Tabla, Pasher... maybe even Millar, on the wings. I would add Hoilett, because the free agency situation is a bit concerning, but I think he's proven enough in his career and the Gold Cup to stay in a 23-man WCQ squad. Only so long that can last, though. Soon, guys like Ennin and Corbeanu should be given preference because of age.

The Russian Premier League is no joke. It's ranked 7th by UEFA, behind England, Germany, Spain, Italy, France and Portugal. Ahead of the Netherlands, Belgium, Turkey, etc.

Remember, they had THREE UCL reps in the 2020-21 edition.

I want to say Hoilett did this last time he was an FA, he didn't joine Cardiff until well into the Championship season.

2 hours ago, Shway said:

The pool is just getting deeper. 
However guys have to be scoring/assisting to break into the team at this point. 

I was more surprised that he wasn't called up for the U23 team earlier this year.

It says last year he had 4 goals and 3 assists in 19 appearances, mostly full games--and lots of yellow cards. No idea how he plays. Another Brampton kid, when is the municipality going to propose a shrine to the local soccer stalwarts?