Richlord Ennin

Big_M

His loan ends in 10 days. Was looking at his agent on Transfermarkt, they are based in Kyiv and have almost exclusively Ukranian players. I somehow doubt they'll want to do a deal with a Russian team again. 

Their most valuable players are Malinovsky at Atalanta, and Mykolenko at Everton. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/prostar/beraterfirma/berater/3703

This article from a few weeks back seems to suggest there might be interest from Hungary in Ennin. Remember his loan spell ends and he is back at Spartaks Jurmela, but I doubt he'd play in a Baltic league after being in top flight Russia.

The article also seems to tie Ennin to our NT, which of course is not correct--though it may be a desire of his.

https://www.nemzetisport.hu/labdarugo_nb_i/orosz-ukran-haboru-horvat-vb-2-es-kanadai-csatar-is-johet-az-nb-i-be-2895535

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2022 at 9:41 AM, narduch said:

Noticed Nizhny Novgorod have their first pre season friendly tomorrow. 

Which makes me wonder what is up with Ennin.

On June 16, before you actually posted your question, there was this article...

https://vz-nn.ru/news/sport/46860/

...where it looks like they were interested in keeping him but he refused to return to Russia for another season.

---

He hasn't been in FK Spartaks Jūrmala's lineup for their past two competitive matches and I can't find any rumours about other interested clubs.

3 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

On June 16, before you actually posted your question, there was this article...

https://vz-nn.ru/news/sport/46860/

...where it looks like they were interested in keeping him but he refused to return to Russia for another season.

---

He hasn't been in FK Spartaks Jūrmala's lineup for their past two competitive matches and I can't find any rumours about other interested clubs.

I thought they might ask him to play for Spartaks as they're relegation threatened, though mid season, and he could help. 

I'm also checking regularly, I'd love for him to make top flight Denmark, Switzerland, Austria.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jordan said:

This has been rumoured for a while.

Was it this club we mentioned? Or just Hungary in general? 

If it's true that Novgorod wanted to extend the loan, that's a good sign. Also: at this level, a couple steps below Russia, we better hope his production really leaps. 

Loans: he must have a cheap as hell deal with the home club S Jurmala, I wonder if the other clubs top it up for him somehow. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

9 hours ago, jordan said:

This has been rumoured for a while.

Seems like a good move. Kind of nice he's out of the Russian set up given all the uncertainty there. 

Some fringe internationals at the club from countries like Iceland, Albania, and of course Hungary. They also finished 10th of 12 teams last year, so hopefully they have a stronger season this time around. They last won the league in 2016-17 and have won 14 titles dating back to 1949. They've also won 8 Hungarian cups, most recently in 2019-20. I am not familiar with Hungarian football, but seems to at least historically be one of the better clubs, and it is a name I recognize. Hopefully they trend back toward their mean this season. 

15 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Seems like a good move. Kind of nice he's out of the Russian set up given all the uncertainty there. 

Some fringe internationals at the club from countries like Iceland, Albania, and of course Hungary. They also finished 10th of 12 teams last year, so hopefully they have a stronger season this time around. They last won the league in 2016-17 and have won 14 titles dating back to 1949. They've also won 8 Hungarian cups, most recently in 2019-20. I am not familiar with Hungarian football, but seems to at least historically be one of the better clubs, and it is a name I recognize. Hopefully they trend back toward their mean this season. 

The one thing I know about Hungarian football is that it used to be elite, and now, not so much. Ferencsvaros is by far their best team, won the last 4 titles and 5 of the last 8, and 33 total, 10 more than the second team, who hasn’t really won much in the last few decades. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but they seem like they’re a Scottish or Serbian type league where playing for the big club means a lot more than playing for anyone else

He played well in Russia I think, so we should have strong expectations for him playing in Hungary. His team put a lot of guys on those legendary ‘50s Hungarian national teams so there’s a bit of history there. 

1 hour ago, MauditYvon said:

Totally agree. They also have 3 Serbian internationals. And a nice recently built stadium (2021). Oh and Budapest is probably nicer than Nizhny Novgorod. 

Nicer, for sure, but Novgorod is one of the most historical Russian cities with medieval roots, just saying. It features rather impressively in a beautiful Eisenstein film from the 30s, Alexander Nevsky.

Had a student from Novgorod this year.

BTW, speaking of the golden generation of Hungarians: one is still alive and has lived in Vancouver for decades, I met him maybe a decade ago, Jozsef Csabai. He was a Ferencvaros player before going into exile to Spain where he played top flight. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

5 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Nicer, for sure, but Novgorod is one of the most historical Russian cities with medieval roots, just saying. It features rather impressively in a beautiful Eisenstein film from the 30s, Alexander Nevsky.

Had a student from Novgorod this year.

Yeah two of my buddies went there to see France - Uruguay at the 2018 World Cup. They had a great time. But I also know that Budapest is a lovely city and that presently Russia must be quite unstable. Even Latvia, if he went back. Ended up in a good spot I think.

Edited by MauditYvon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Damn I forgot about my boy Rich. Happens when you don’t play at noticeable levels.

I was hoping he would be integrated into the system post WC, but I don’t believe their will be much change if we’re not in both the Gold Cup and the Nations League finals to force squad rotation. 

38 minutes ago, Shway said:

Damn I forgot about my boy Rich. Happens when you don’t play at noticeable levels.

I was hoping he would be integrated into the system post WC, but I don’t believe their will be much change if we’re not in both the Gold Cup and the Nations League finals to force squad rotation. 

Even then, my gut tells me Herdman doesn't rotate. I would love to be wrong, but somehow I imagine him convincing the players to stay together and make a go at both trophies. Canada still has a lot to prove and he'll want to make a statement. I think we are conditioned into thinking building squad depth through expanding the pool is key, and to be fair it has been, but the new reality for Canada is that it can now target those trophies as real goals. As such, I suspect we'll do just that. Expanding the player pool will be done later in the case of player like Ennin or even Jebbison. Ennin in particular is going to need to earn it by merrit.

• 2 months later...
On 10/24/2022 at 10:16 PM, Obinna said:

Even then, my gut tells me Herdman doesn't rotate. I would love to be wrong, but somehow I imagine him convincing the players to stay together and make a go at both trophies. Canada still has a lot to prove and he'll want to make a statement. I think we are conditioned into thinking building squad depth through expanding the pool is key, and to be fair it has been, but the new reality for Canada is that it can now target those trophies as real goals. As such, I suspect we'll do just that. Expanding the player pool will be done later in the case of player like Ennin or even Jebbison. Ennin in particular is going to need to earn it by merrit.

Ennin has a tough go right now.
1.david
2.larin
3. Ugbo
4. Cav
5. Brym
6. Jebbison
7. Corbeanu - i believe he gets called up before ennin, even if they arent directly competing to be a #9
8. Akinola
9. Ennin - maybe hes ahead of akinola? 

This year we could see some NCAA draft picks or CPL guys make a step up too.
1. De Ro 
2. Johnson
3. Combria 

I was once excited about ennin but I think he needs a huge rejuvanation in his career before hes looked at again. 

25 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

1.david
2.larin
3. Ugbo
4. Cav
5. Brym
6. Jebbison
7. Corbeanu - i believe he gets called up before ennin, even if they arent directly competing to be a #9
8. Akinola

1. De Ro 
2. Johnson
3. Combria 

I was once excited about ennin but I think he needs a huge rejuvanation in his career before hes looked at again. 

Doesn't help that Ennin doesn't produce much statwise. MLS is also stronger than the Hungarian league so any FW who produces there would shoot up the depth chart.

1 hour ago, VinceA said:

Doesn't help that Ennin doesn't produce much statwise. MLS is also stronger than the Hungarian league so any FW who produces there would shoot up the depth chart.

I didn't help when he was producing in Russian Premier league...so we don't know what will. 

He's a guy who could benefit from an MLS to boost his national team presence...but in the same breathe we know that MLS isn't Canada's league and a MLS club (not in Canada) would have to take an extreme flyer on him because he's an international - which isn't glamourous. 

47 minutes ago, Shway said:

I didn't help when he was producing in Russian Premier league...so we don't know what will. 

He's a guy who could benefit from an MLS to boost his national team presence...but in the same breathe we know that MLS isn't Canada's league and a MLS club (not in Canada) would have to take an extreme flyer on him because he's an international - which isn't glamourous. 

Personally I think he should have gotten a call while he was in Russia, and I think Herdman mentioned he was being monitored. It's a shame his next loan was such a step down. 

Also how long a contract did he sign in Latvia? Ridiculous to be tied to a poor team in a poor league for so long.

3 hours ago, Bigandy said:

1.david
2.larin
3. Ugbo
4. Cav
5. Brym
6. Jebbison
8. Akinola

1. De Ro 
2. Johnson
3. Combria 

I am hoping Jacen Russell Rowe forces himself onto and up that list as well.  He looked good in his MLS games last year and then dominated the reserve league. Seems ready for a step up.   

46 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Personally I think he should have gotten a call while he was in Russia, and I think Herdman mentioned he was being monitored. It's a shame his next loan was such a step down. 

I agree.  I think a few of us were hoping he would at least get a look at some point when he was rolling in Russia.   Seems like a case where the geopolitical circumstances really conspired against him.