Richlord Ennin

Big_M

On 1/16/2023 at 7:15 PM, VinceA said:

Personally I think he should have gotten a call while he was in Russia, and I think Herdman mentioned he was being monitored. It's a shame his next loan was such a step down. 

Also how long a contract did he sign in Latvia? Ridiculous to be tied to a poor team in a poor league for so long.

Agreed, also means his salary was way down for years, probably even below the Russian minimums which they likely had to meet.

Is the MTK signing permanent? Not a loan?

13 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

From what I've seen going through MTK games this season, he has no goals, not even vs. lesser opponents in the Cup, and has mostly sub appearances. The team is mid-lower table.

Perhaps he has reconverted into an energetic mid, who knows, but if they want him it can't be for his scoring prowess.

He signed 4 days ago. 

3 minutes ago, jordan said:

He signed 4 days ago. 

But he was playing with them on loan all last year, that is why I said it. I used to report on his Russian 2nd tier games here.

But you are saying he has not been playing in MTK this year, did not know that. That would mean he waited until his contract was up with his Lithuanian club, suppose at the end of their season. 

Transfermarkt says his contract is until the end of this calendar year.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

But he was playing with them on loan all last year, that is why I said it. I used to report on his Russian 2nd tier games here.

But you are saying he has not been playing in MTK this year, did not know that. That would mean he waited until his contract was up with his Lithuanian club, suppose at the end of their season. 

Transfermarkt says his contract is until the end of this calendar year.

He was on loan at Budapest Honved last year. This year, looks like he signed with MTK, also of Budapest. His club last year was relegated, and his new club was recently promoted. Per google maps, looks like he moved a little bit closer to the city centre- always a good thing when you're in Budapest.

With the level of leagues we're talking about, wouldn't be surprised if it's not a question of when his contract with Lithuanian club ended, and more just that he couldn't find any team to sign him, and perhaps his new team needed some reinforcements. Second to last in goals in all of Hungary, and despite being 9th of 12th, they're only 5 points out of Europe. Don't know how much Ennin will help them fix that, but he's got experience in that league in any case.

3 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

He was on loan at Budapest Honved last year. This year, looks like he signed with MTK, also of Budapest. His club last year was relegated, and his new club was recently promoted. Per google maps, looks like he moved a little bit closer to the city centre- always a good thing when you're in Budapest.

With the level of leagues we're talking about, wouldn't be surprised if it's not a question of when his contract with Lithuanian club ended, and more just that he couldn't find any team to sign him, and perhaps his new team needed some reinforcements. Second to last in goals in all of Hungary, and despite being 9th of 12th, they're only 5 points out of Europe. Don't know how much Ennin will help them fix that, but he's got experience in that league in any case.

Right you are, so that is actually a step up in terms of team: guy has played Russian second and first tier, a mid-low team in Hungary, now a better team in Hungary.

As I say, he must have had a fairly low salary on that long contract, not low enough to keep him and not loan him, but I doubt any better than a CPL mid-high range.

It still does not get him near our NT.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

16 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Right you are, so that is actually a step up in terms of team: guy has played Russian second and first tier, a mid-low team in Hungary, now a better team in Hungary.

As I say, he must have had a fairly low salary on that long contract, not low enough to keep him and not loan him, but I doubt any better than a CPL mid-high range.

It still does not get him near our NT.

Exactly- I think unless he makes a move up to Ferenvaros or comes out of nowhere for a big move to a better league, I think he’s very far away from the NT. 

I do applaud players like Ennin who decided to take their own path and fight through the bottom rungs of European soccer and trying to make their career that way. Sometimes you end up like Ennin playing for small Hungarian clubs, other times you end up like Derek Cornelius and end up playing for a good club, with potential to move on afterwards.

One of the few stadiums where the lack of behind-the-goal seating actually works.

You can really see the results of all that football funding Orban is handing out. Many Hungarian studia, even simple ones have been modernised, covered stands close to the pitch, no tracks, so may are new and nice - even if most of them are only 1/4 full.

I think this signing is pretty fun - I follow Hungarian football a bit and MTK have always been the team I followed ... though to be fair it's more of a recurring interest than a fandom.

Part of my family was from northwest of Budapest - they were country folk, not football maniacs, unaligned, but saw Ferencvaros as the German team, MTK as the Jewish downtown team, Vasas for workers, and Ujpest way out in the boons. Don't know what they thought of Honved - surprisingly, they never came up. But admittedly, that was 70 (?) years ago and all within the context of post-Magyarization, WWII, communism, etc., etc.

Relegation aside, I think going from Honved to MTK would normally be a step down, but if he wasn't playing at Honved then it's probably a wash as MTK a bit of a yoyo.

Close to the city centre but poor attendances, which really crater in the NB II. My recollection is that they were traditionally the big derby with Ferencvaros but have been eclipsed for many years by Honved as their main rivals. Can't imagine wages are that high but then again these clubs get a lot of state sponsorship and the chairman is an MEP so seems connected. 

Fun fact - Nebjosa Vignevic (Nikki's older brother and fellow Toronto Lynx alum) is Ujpest's manager.

Edited by The Real Marc

3 hours ago, The Real Marc said:

One of the few stadiums where the lack of behind-the-goal seating actually works.

You can really see the results of all that football funding Orban is handing out. Many Hungarian studia, even simple ones have been modernised, covered stands close to the pitch, no tracks, so may are new and nice - even if most of them are only 1/4 full.

I think this signing is pretty fun - I follow Hungarian football a bit and MTK have always been the team I followed ... though to be fair it's more of a recurring interest than a fandom.

Part of my family was from northwest of Budapest - they were country folk, not football maniacs, unaligned, but saw Ferencvaros as the German team, MTK as the Jewish downtown team, Vasas for workers, and Ujpest way out in the boons. Don't know what they thought of Honved - surprisingly, they never came up. But admittedly, that was 70 (?) years ago and all within the context of post-Magyarization, WWII, communism, etc., etc.

Relegation aside, I think going from Honved to MTK would normally be a step down, but if he wasn't playing at Honved then it's probably a wash as MTK a bit of a yoyo.

Close to the city centre but poor attendances, which really crater in the NB II. My recollection is that they were traditionally the big derby with Ferencvaros but have been eclipsed for many years by Honved as their main rivals. Can't imagine wages are that high but then again these clubs get a lot of state sponsorship and the chairman is an MEP so seems connected. 

Fun fact - Nebjosa Vignevic (Nikki's older brother and fellow Toronto Lynx alum) is Ujpest's manager.

First thing I thought, or second after the architecture, is that eliminating endzones eliminates supporter groups meaning controlling political dissidence. I'm not sure I'm entirely wrong.

• 2 weeks later...