Alistair Johnston

lazlo_80

So happy for him to get the start!! Manager most think a lot of him throwing him in an old firm Derby is like nothing he will of experience in pro football!! I’ve been to a few live in my day!! Crazy pressure!! 

the Azteca would have been similar at national team level!!

tbh 3 players Liam has played with start for Celtic 1 on Rangers 

ryan Kent (Liverpool )

Greg Taylor(kilmarnock ) Matt O’Reilly(spent 4 years together at Fulham) and now AJ!! And the coach of Rangers Michael  Beale was his coach at Liverpool u23s… football is a crazy small world

Edited by spitfire
More players

I watched most of the 2nd half and can describe Johnston's play as tidy, as noted he tracked back well on a few occasions , he just slightly over hit one through ball, sent in a cross that was turned away for a corner and was generally in good positions! He was always available as an option on the wing when Celtic were chasing the game and once they levelled he was in good defensive positions, Celtic TV seemed to rate him!

Didn’t have a chance to watch, but twitter feedback seems to be pretty uniformly positive on him. Having your first game ad a starter and playing 90 in the derby at Ibrox and playing well especially when the guy whose position you’re playing was a starter for the team that finished third at the World Cup is quite the accomplishment. Well done. 

We all knew Alistair could play at this level.  How could you enter that game and not be thinking...OK don't screw up..don't make any major blunders!  Considering the pressure of the event, his lack of chemistry and understanding of his team mates, the level of both atmosphere and opposition he did extremely well.  He was more conservative at times than he normally would be though.  He will grow as a player at Celtic and the fact that they started him right away leads me to believe he will be given every opportunity.