The Road to Qatar.

Binky

21 minutes ago, MauditYvon said:

Mexico could be 4th by Tuesday 11:00 PM btw…

MLS Extratime crew are bullish on Canada and were throwing this possibility out there.

Their country would have a collective stroke and Tata would probably get fired.

Edited by A_Gagne

Any of Mexico, USA, and Canada can be first after the next matchday. Any of the top 4 teams can be in 4th after the next matchday. Even though suddenly half of the teams seem to be out of contention for a World Cup spot, it's still quite tense!

Our win, and scoreline against Panama is starting to look even bigger than it did at the time. If that game had been a draw, we would be a point behind them and tied with them on goal difference. As it stands we are 2 points ahead and up 6 in GD on them.

Edited by Kent
Corrected the draw with Panama scenario. Thanks SthMelbRed.

5 hours ago, Kent said:

Any of Mexico, USA, and Canada can be first after the next matchday. Any of the top 4 teams can be in 4th after the next matchday. Even though suddenly half of the teams seem to be out of contention for a World Cup spot, it's still quite tense!

Our win, and scoreline against Panama is starting to look even bigger than it did at the time. If that game had been a draw, we would be tied on points and goal difference. As it stands we are 2 points ahead and up 6 in GD on them.

We'd actually be a point behind them had we drawn with them in Toronto.

15 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

I can only imagine what the scenes will be like if we qualify for Qatar because not only will it be our first World Cup in over 36 years since Mexico 1986 but I bet a lot of you will want to go to Qatar yourselves to travel there, to see the boys play.

I wonder if Craig Forrest will call those fans jock sniffers? Jock peepers, maybe?

Edited by Sal333

1 hour ago, Sal333 said:

I wonder if Craig Forrest will call those fans jock sniffers? Jock peepers, maybe?

I hope he doesn't for the average Jo Canadian sports fan that make the trip to Qatar should we make it. 

I realize the majority of us are die hard fans but in my view: 

No such thing as a band wagon fan when you support your own country, regardless of the cause. 

17 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

We need 3 points... 

Everyone focusing in on qualifying first, which is fair ( one step at a time). 

I just want us to not only qualify but make pot 3 of the draw! That's why I want these 3 points soooo bad! 

To get to Pot 3 though what matters more than anything is your FIFA World ranking

On 11/14/2021 at 7:54 AM, TGAA_Star said:

I can only imagine what the scenes will be like if we qualify for Qatar because not only will it be our first World Cup in over 36 years since Mexico 1986 but I bet a lot of you will want to go to Qatar yourselves to travel there, to see the boys play.

Count me in. I'm talking to a travel agent tomorrow. Do you suppose we'll put together an official Voyageurs trip?

Edited by umpiredice

5 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

With the buzz around this team right now, we could sell 20 000 tickets to a Camp Poutine match at home in mid-January ( Vancouver or Toronto )!

This right here is the game changer.  No longer need to worry about funding camps when you can put on games and sell enough tickets  to cover it.

19 minutes ago, Califax said:

I would like someone to run a scenario where we get one point out of the next three games.

Hate to be the jerk-face downer - and it’s not likely -  but it is possible.

This thing is far from done.

It's very far from done. We could literally be 4th, by ourselves, after the next game. That's how close things are. 

We need at least 9 points in my opinion. 

Edited by Hawkguy

• Admin locked this topic