The Road to Qatar.

Binky

8 minutes ago, Califax said:

The goal has to be to clinch at least third before our final game in Panama. 

Has to be. 

If we haven't, I don't even know if I could watch. Another Honduras would scar me for another 5 years. 

As long as we've clinched Top-4, I'll be happy. But like you, clinching Top-3 before the final game has to be the goal. 

Edited by Hawkguy

4 minutes ago, Hawkguy said:

If we haven't, I don't even know if I could watch. Another Honduras would scar me for another 5 years. 

As long as we've clinched Top-4, I'll be happy. But like you, clinching Top-3 before the final game has to be the goal. 

It would take an epic collapse now for us to not at least make the top 4.  We are 7 up on 5th.

The intercontinental draw is supposed to be November 26 I think 

10 minutes ago, narduch said:

It would take an epic collapse now for us to not at least make the top 4.  We are 7 up on 5th.

Then it will determine if CONCACAF will face Asia or South America for the IC playoff

But honestly hoping CONCACAF gets to face Asia for that playoff because if that happens, CONCACAF is almost assured to have 4 teams at Qatar

1 hour ago, TGAA_Star said:

Then it will determine if CONCACAF will face Asia or South America for the IC playoff

But honestly hoping CONCACAF gets to face Asia for that playoff because if that happens, CONCACAF is almost assured to have 4 teams at Qatar

The Asian team is most likely going to be Australia or Japan. That's no cakewalk.

1 hour ago, TGAA_Star said:

Why do you say that? Australia is currently ranked 34th. They're not a bad team. 

2 hours ago, narduch said:

Source?

----

Panama is looking to host a friendly in Panama in December and to play another one in January against a South American side ( not in Panama).

https://www.rpctv.com/marea-roja/atencion-panama-podria-jugar-amistosos-diciembre-y-enero-n5595146/amp

6 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Source?

----

Panama is looking to host a friendly in Panama in December and to play another one in January against a South American side ( not in Panama).

https://www.rpctv.com/marea-roja/atencion-panama-podria-jugar-amistosos-diciembre-y-enero-n5595146/amp

I read it yesterday. Will look again when I get a chance. 

Its also the date they will draw the next rounds for UEFA and Africa.

Imagine having already qualified before the last game against Panama, them needing a win to knock Mexico into the intercontinental and we roll out the following lineup

Jebbison

Mitrovic - Flores - Ferdi - Dias

Atiba

Davies - Smith - Halbouni - Johnston

Borjan

Tomori watching from the bench counting down the days until he can switch back.

36 minutes ago, A_Gagne said:

Yes, we're kicking ass and it's inspiring, but Panama are not going away. Next 3 games will be huge!

Panama has a tough window ahead they are going to Costa Rica in a massive game...Costa Rica at home is super tricky...they get Jamaica at home which they should win but if the Jamaica that played in this window shows up that won't be a picnic and then they go to Mexico....and then they still have to go to the US and then get Canada at home...very tricky for Los Canaleros 

4 hours ago, Califax said:

I would like someone to run a scenario where we get one point out of the next three games.

Hate to be the jerk-face downer - and it’s not likely -  but it is possible.

This thing is far from done.

You're a martyr.  

If we lose 0-1 to the US, tie 1-1 in El Salvador, and lose 8-1 in Honduras, then our Top 3 chances drop to 47.6%.  

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW??  🙃

8 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Every once in a while I will watch a YouTube video for "Poland Road to (insert country hosting World Cup/Euro)" which is a compilation of all the goals they scored in the qualifying campaign. Cannot wait to potentially watch "Canada Road to Qatar" a million times.

I made a video "Story of the CanMNT" a couple months ago, but the amount of times it got taken down from copyright issues was so frustrating and I gave up. Going to make another one "IF" we qualify.

Great wins in Edmonton.

To lock in top 3... 25 or 26 points will likely be needed. To avoid this coming down to the last game, we will (likely) need 3 wins and 1 draw. 

A huge game is actually Costa Rica (H) v Panama (A). A CR win makes this much easier. 

Let's get some W's in Honduras and El Salvador. We can and we will. Go gents go. 

• Admin locked this topic