Luke Singh

Jith12

I honestly think Pacific is lucky that Singh didn't end up going there. Outside of the game he scored, he looked pretty poor for TFC last year. He would get beaten constantly and then stand outside his own 18 like some midfielder waiting for another defender to bail him out. There were times that Singh would switch off, and after the other team blew by him, he'd just stand there and give up without bothering to get back into the play. 

Maybe he'll be better motivated with a move, but right now, I don't see him as a great pick up. That includes in the CPL.

1 hour ago, Gian-Luca said:

In the full presser up on the TFC.ca site, Bob Bradley mentions that the first part of pre-season "didn't go very well" for Singh.

Full quote: 

“We are looking to secure a loan for Luke,” Bradley said. “He needs the experience this year. The first phase of pre-season didn’t go very well. He’s still a young player that needs playing time and I think the best case scenario that he goes somewhere, he competes week in and week out to get on the field and then we size up things as the season moves along.”

2 hours ago, Trois Reds said:

I honestly think Pacific is lucky that Singh didn't end up going there. Outside of the game he scored, he looked pretty poor for TFC last year. He would get beaten constantly and then stand outside his own 18 like some midfielder waiting for another defender to bail him out. There were times that Singh would switch off, and after the other team blew by him, he'd just stand there and give up without bothering to get back into the play. 

Maybe he'll be better motivated with a move, but right now, I don't see him as a great pick up. That includes in the CPL.

You would think any CPL team would be happy to get a what would essentially be a free player for them. Singh is an off budget player for the Reds. Unlike a lot of the up and coming kids for the Reds, Singh was really just signed last year for the right now, they needed healthy bodies. So I do wonder if Pacific was the one the ultimately nixed the loan or was it Luke looking for a better situation?

9 hours ago, shorty said:

Or maybe TFC caught wind that PFC was after Didic (still not announced though, I notice). If they thought that Singh was going to be 3/4th choice behind Didic/Samake/TMG they might easily have pulled the plug to look for more playing time for their (potential) asset. 

I think we’re also looking at a Mexican CB who is friends with Alejandro Diaz. Singh likely wouldn’t have been high on the pecking order

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, RS said:

TFC clearly see him as too good for NextPro but not good enough for MLS.

Hopefully a loan to a CPL club that isn't a tire fire helps his development.

Peruzza needs to be loaned out to CPL next.  He's too good for NextPro and has demonstrated he is more than capable of playing at the USL Championship level.  At 22, there is no point in TFC giving him 150 minutes off the bench and scattered across the entire league season .  I'd rather give those minutes to Mbongue who can boomerang between TFC & TFC II.

Edited by Corazon

Just now, Corazon said:

Peruzza needs to be loaned out to CPL next.  He's too good for NextPro and has demonstrated he is more than capable of playing at the USL Championship level.  At 22, there is no point in TFC giving him 150 minutes off the bench and scattered across the entire league season .  Give those minutes to Mbongue who can boomerang between TFC & TFC II.

Yeah he's an interesting case because he already looks like he "belongs" as a spot sub in MLS games but obviously that's not enough to help him grow as a player.

Maybe TFC could do for Peruzza what they did for Ryan Telfer in 2019 — a loan to York to keep him close by and bring him back to the big club for the odd game or two when needed.

35 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Loaned to CPL Team Atletico Ottawa for the season...

Bob Bradley clearly has no use for him because he would keep him close by with the Next Pro team if he wanted to keep the possibility of using him at any point open. He's closing in on being 23 so he is largely past the development stage now.