Luke Singh

Jith12

18 year old CB/DM who is currently on trial with Brondby IF of the Danish Superliga. Last played for TFC U18/19 in the USSDA and TFC III of L1O. He is from North York, but is a Trinidad & Tobago U20 international. He would have to file his one time switch to play for us. He started today for Brondby in a 8-0 friendly win.

They are calling him the mini-Valderrama and the translation suggests the fact that they wouldn't have to compensate TFC as one of the attractions for scouting players in North America versus those playing on clubs in neighbouring countries: https://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/fodbold/dansk_fodbold/superligaen/broendby/broendby-giver-mini-valderrama-chancen-saadan-scorede-han-aftalen/7466670

dcx-75013859-20190109153300.jpeg

Edited by nolando

here is another article https://3point.dk/luke-singh-kan-godt-lide-den-aggressive-maade-at-forsvare-paa/

google translate:

Test player Luke Singh likes the aggressive way to defend in Brøndby, 
where he hopes to impress enough to be offered a contract.

There was a new face on the training track, as the Brøndby players 
Wednesday morning had the first team training on grass. 18-year-old Luke 
Singh was with. He will be training in Brøndby for the next ten days, and the first training was a good experience, says the young middle man who 
has both citizenship in Canada and Trinidad & Tobago.

- It was a good experience. It is the first time I am in Denmark and there is a different atmosphere, but it feels really good to be here, he says 
to 3point.dk and explains about the background for the trial training:

- They saw me playing in Florida in November in a game where I played 70 
minutes. I assume that they think I did it pretty well, since they wanted to see me again.

Singh, who can also play at the defensive midfield, does not hide the fact that he wants to impress so much during his stay that it can be even 
longer.

- I was really happy when I heard that the club wanted me here. I have 
been very pleased and this is what I want. I want to stay here. It is my 
goal to impress so much that I deserve a contract here.

What are you for a type of player?

- I'm middle defense and can use both feet. I'm pretty good in the air, 
can beat good long passes and are very aggressive. I like the aggressive 
form of defense here.

Luke Singh will also be tested in battle, because he has to play with when Brøndby meets on January 13, BSF in the start-up first training match.
Edited by Bikerack

15 hours ago, nolando said:

They are calling him the mini-Valderrama and the translation suggests the fact that they wouldn't have to compensate TFC as one of the attractions for scouting players in North America versus those playing on clubs in neighbouring countries

Isn't it just clubs in the USA that don't participate in the development club compensation? I thought Canadian clubs did?

38 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

Isn't it just clubs in the USA that don't participate in the development club compensation? I thought Canadian clubs did?

I think they do, I was sure that TFC made a big deal about passing on Fees to the youth club Henry was in.  I wonder if any of the Davies money will filter back to Edmonton youth clubs?  

20 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

I think they do, I was sure that TFC made a big deal about passing on Fees to the youth club Henry was in.  I wonder if any of the Davies money will filter back to Edmonton youth clubs?  

Lennarduzzi made it very clear at the time that the deal was announced that the 'Caps were more than happy to pass along the mandated amounts to his Edmonton clubs.

57 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

They definitely did. It was North Mississauga SC... They made a video about it and everything. 

So with Singh, a transfer fee isnt required, but the mandatory training compensation is required. And its based on an algorithm of years + age = compensation amount (iirc) 

2 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

They definitely did. It was North Mississauga SC... They made a video about it and everything. 

So with Singh, a transfer fee isnt required, but the mandatory training compensation is required. And its based on an algorithm of years + age = compensation amount (iirc) 

Maybe they still don't on the other end of things? Meaning, TFC doesn't collect solidarity payments? I would hope they would though along with everyone else in Canada.

On 1/14/2019 at 1:07 PM, Jahinho Guerro said:

I don’t remember the Henry video but I remember the North Mississauga head talking to Totera about receiving compensation from Liverpool for Millar. 

On 2/1/2019 at 5:14 PM, Jith12 said:

https://brondby.com/nyhed/2019/01/31/broendby-if-lejer-luke-singh

Singh has returned to Brondby and has signed a first team contract, a loan from TFC for the rest of the season. If he can break into the XI, he could be a good player to call-up in March, although a one-time switch would be required. 

Wait what.

...How does a player go on loan to a first team when they don't have any sorta club contract? Or did I missing something.

Second. I think he would be perfect for this month's U-23 camp, even if he gets into the first team. 

3 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Wait what.

...How does a player go on loan to a first team when they don't have any sorta club contract? Or did I missing something.

Second. I think he would be perfect for this month's U-23 camp, even if he gets into the first team. 

On the TFC website, he is still listed as being on the U19 roster, so I guess that is how it is a loan move. And yes, I agree completely that he should get a call-up to the U23 camp, although it might be a bit of a stretch to get him to file his switch just for a youth camp. But if we can get him it could be a big win for us.

15 hours ago, Jith12 said:

On the TFC website, he is still listed as being on the U19 roster, so I guess that is how it is a loan move. And yes, I agree completely that he should get a call-up to the U23 camp, although it might be a bit of a stretch to get him to file his switch just for a youth camp. But if we can get him it could be a big win for us.

Does he have to file a switch just to attend a U23 camp? 

3 hours ago, Kadenge said:

Does he have to file a switch just to attend a U23 camp? 

Well, it doesn't look like they are playing any games so it is possible that he can join without switching. I'm not 100% sure on the protocol in this case.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

I feel like he was signed from earlier this year... And they just announced this. Cuz I still don't know how a academy player gets sent on loan, before they have a contract. 

They sign an USL contract. 

Edited by shamrock

On 3/6/2019 at 2:21 AM, shamrock said:

They sign an USL contract. 

I think Jahinho's comment is because he was seemingly an academy player (i.e. no contract) and then they announced the loan to Brondby, then a month later they announce he is signed to a TFC II contract. His comment is saying the TFC II contract must have happened before the Brondby loan, but is just being announced now. Otherwise, while he was out of contract he would have just gotten a contract from Brondby.

• 4 weeks later...

Singh has been getting some time with Brondby Reserves and the U19 team recently. He has played twice for the Reserves, a 2-1 win over Lyngby on March 11 and a 5-1 win over Aarhus on March 18, both 90 minute appearances. He also played 64 minutes for the U19's in a 1-0 win over Aarhus on March 30. It's good to see him getting some time. Since the Brondby first team are currently in the Superligaen playoffs, it's unlikely that he'll get any time with them. However, they are also in the semi-finals of the cup, so maybe he can get an appearance if things go his way.