Jonathan David

Vince193

53 minutes ago, JuicyHam said:

Gent's captain is really trying to play hero ball. He's come close but the constant tunnel vision towards the net is hurting his team 

He plays like that all the time. Its not so much hero ball as a lack of vision. David was in great position to receive passes that never came. 

46 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I noticed that David tends to go down and appeal to the ref quite often. He doesn't exactly dive and attempt to embellish, but he uses his body very well to get between the defender and ball.

When there is contact and no call, he is always quick to throw his hands up at the ref and ask why.

David's not a diver and a lot of those are legit fouls which aren't called because he doesn't embellish them like, say, Neymar. 

10 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Scoring against a team like Roma (first Canadian to do so, I'm assuming as I'm not sure who else would have had the opportunity - except maybe Cristante before he started playing for Roma and obviously he's not Canadian eligible anymore) certainly won't have sent those scouts away with a negative report

Don't follow Serie A so don't know how Roma is rated defensively but in addition to his goal, he made runs into space where he was calling for a ball that never came.

Teams who'll be making a bid for David will be studying hundreds of hours of video on David and they'll be comfortable that his game will transition well in a higher league given his play against quality teams in Europa League like St. Etienne and Wolfsburg, in addition to Roma.

30 minutes ago, CANMNT_SUPERFAN said:

Based on selection, which guys were u thinking in(being scouted)???

Hard to say since many of our younger guys will be with the Olympic team. Maybe someone like Kaye or Layrea that.got into MLS late and have never played overseas.Always good to get our guys more exposure that they would not otherwise receive.

Edited by Stryker911

Just reading ESPN Soccernet's "Transfer Talk" page, which is usually a bunch of bollocks, but it's just great to read the following:

- The Sunday Express claim that Gent striker Jonathan David has made his way onto Chelsea's transfer wish list this summer. That said, Frank Lampard will have his work cut out to lure a player valued at £20m from Belgium to Stamford Bridge, with Liverpool, Manchester United and Spurs also interested in snapping him up.

14 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

He must have given it away to a fan but regardless, how many players have only one shirt? I found the comment odd. Does the leader in scoring always wear it playing? 

I would have imagined the comment was in reference to him leading the league in scoring earlier and than someone overtaking him? Just assuming.

On 2/28/2020 at 2:32 PM, LeoH037 said:

Man, I really want this kid to go to Dortmund. Him and Haaland would tear up the Bundesliga.

That would be an awesome move. Talks of PSV and Ajax were nice at the beginning of the year but those options should not even be seriously considered anymore. If they are, he should fire his agent right away. He has shown he can play against much better opposition in the Europa league and he needs to make a higher jump. 

9 hours ago, Mister99bottles said:

David and Davies > Puli-stink. American players are way overrated and under-skilled compared to Canadians. Since Canada doesn't have the population and money of the US, Canadian players are more likely to be signed in Europe for talent than marketability, right?

I mean Pulisic is still a very good player IMO. I just want David to be better