Jonathan David

Vince193

2 hours ago, Ansem said:

La Liga anyone? 

Sevilla has the best talent scout in Spain, Monchi, Ramón Rodríguez, who went to Rome for a short stint but is back there where he did his best work. They sign very smart, then of course sell to bigger clubs. 

Either would be great, both clubs are regularly vying for a Champions spot and almost always make Europa League. There is pressure in both places, in Valencia sometimes it's nuts, they think they should be a major and kill of coaches quickly. But both do give chances to younger players that the bigger clubs may not be able to afford to.

Last time I checked, Jonathan David plays for Gent. Yeah sure if he is attracting interest from other clubs, then of course naturally he should go to any of those other clubs. But personally, me I actually want to see him stay at Gent.

However, if he does leave Gent to go to La Liga then Sevilla is probably the best club for him to go to.

7 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

Last time I checked, Jonathan David plays for Gent. Yeah sure if he is attracting interest from other clubs, then of course naturally he should go to any of those other clubs. But personally, me I actually want to see him stay at Gent.

However, if he does leave Gent to go to La Liga then Sevilla is probably the best club for him to go to.

bad news, bruh...he's leaving.

1 hour ago, TGAA_Star said:

Okay then, then that is good but David still has potential. I mean he really hasn't tapped into it but if he does, he could be right up there as far as best teenage talents in the world.

Hasn't tapped into it? He's passed every test in front of him, including scoring against clubs like Roma and Sainte-Étienne and being top scorer at a gold cup and in the Belgian league, and he's just turned 20. He's shown he's outgrown Gent and is ready to start for a CL or a consistent Europa League side in a top 5 league.

35 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

Hasn't tapped into it? He's passed every test in front of him, including scoring against clubs like Roma and Sainte-Étienne and being top scorer at a gold cup and in the Belgian league, and he's just turned 20. He's shown he's outgrown Gent and is ready to start for a CL or a consistent Europa League side in a top 5 league.

Especially this.

There is really nothing left for him at this level. It feels like Davies in his last season at Vancouver.

The only silver lining is the Champions League football, which of course he can get at another club. Many of his suitors have or will qualify for that tournament.

I would rather he plays for a club in Europa league again if the domestic league is of a higher quality. Hell, Lyon are going to miss out on Europe all together, but playing for that club in that league would at least force David to step it up a few notches over the course of a full season. 

It is just too easy for him at Gent. 

Edited by Obinna

35 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

Then yes by all means he should play for a CL or Europa League side but which teams are in the market to sign him right now?

1 minute ago, Obinna said:

Especially this.

There is really nothing left for him at this level. It feels like Davies in his last season at Vancouver.

The only silver lining is the Champions League football, which of course he can get at another club. Many of his suitors have or will qualify for that tournament.

I would rather he plays for a club in Europa league again if the domestic league is of a higher quality. Hell, Lyon are going to miss out on Europe all together, but playing for that club in that league would at least force David to step it up a few notches.

It is just too easy for him at Gent. 

Or he could go to Marseille or Lille in the French Ligue but then there's always the Dutch Eredivisie

5 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Then yes by all means he should play for a CL or Europa League side but which teams are in the market to sign him right now?

Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool, Manchester United, Leicester City, Wolves, West Ham, Aston Villa, Southampton, Everton, Bayern, Dortmund, RB Leipzig, Bayer Leverkusen, Borussia Monchengladbach, Freiburg, Ajax, Porto, Benfica, Lyon, Saint Etienne, Inter Milan, AC Milan, Barcelona, Sevilla, Valencia.

Did I miss anyone guys?

Edited by Obinna

3 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Or he could go to Marseille or Lille in the French Ligue but then there's always the Dutch Eredivisie

I don't believe either has been linked to him, but I have lost count at this point.

And the only team linked to him in Holland has been Ajax as far as I recall.

Edited by Obinna

3 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool, Manchester United, Leicester City, Wolves, West Ham, Aston Villa, Southampton, Everton, Bayern, Dortmund, RB Leipzig, Bayer Leverkusen, Borussia Monchengladbach, Freiburg, Ajax, Porto, Benfica, Lyon, Inter Milan, AC Milan.

Did I miss anyone guys?

Out of those clubs the ones most realistic for him would be Aston Villa, Ajax, Southampton, Porto, Benfica and maybe RB Leipzig but all those other clubs he wouldn't even make their first team squad probably

Edited by TGAA_Star
X

Just now, TGAA_Star said:

Out of those clubs the ones most realistic for him would be Aston Villa, Southampton, Porto, Benfica and maybe RB Leipzig but all those other clubs he wouldn't even make their first team squad probably

The only club out of that lot who could afford him would maybe be RB Leipzig.

I believe Porto has already had a bid of around $12 million rejected. 

1 minute ago, TGAA_Star said:

Even if that is true, Ajax then would be another good fit

Ajax decided to buy a young Brazilian CAM recently, so we'll see if they have enough money left over. They could raise funds by selling Sergino Dest to Bayern Munich, as has been rumored, but I am not sure Bayern are going to be tossing around +$20M frivolously on Dest if they are bringing in Sane from Manchester City. Bayern Munich are pretty thrifty for a mega club.

They could probably spend the same amount of money on David and get more of a player out of it.