Jonathan David

Vince193

1 minute ago, SpursFlu said:

Its funny how Doyle makes it seem like he moved from the US to Canada when he was 6. Actually he moved back to Haiti after being born and then from Haiti to Canada when he was 6. Typically media trickery of lying without lying

I think you're reading too much into how a tweet was worded. Doyle does more to boost the CanMNT than many Canadian journos.

19 hours ago, lazlo_80 said:

is it weird how quiet its been on the transfer front with him? i would've guessed we'd seen some rags talking about how he's drawing interest from somewhere by now.

I think everyone right now is too focused on EUROS and Copa America to give David transfer rumors any traction. But I think the interest will probably pick up again once those tournaments are over and Gold Cup begins.

8 minutes ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

Is that stat for shots on target per shots taken? Or is it goals per shot? Goals per shot on target? Whatever it is, great to see that guy above Chris Wood on top.

1 hour ago, Kent said:

Is that stat for shots on target per shots taken? Or is it goals per shot? Goals per shot on target? Whatever it is, great to see that guy above Chris Wood on top.

Eh? It's shot accuracy.

8 hours ago, frmr said:

Eh? It's shot accuracy.

I can see that, it says that on the graphic. It's just not clear to me what the percentage means because I don't ever see this stat in soccer. In hockey they have "Shooting percentage" which is based on the number of goals divided by the number of shots taken. But this graphic mentions how many shots on target each player had, so I'm not sure if they are calculating that percentage hockey style or if it is the number of shots on target divided by the number of shots you've taken (including ones that missed the net).

39 minutes ago, Kent said:

I can see that, it says that on the graphic. It's just not clear to me what the percentage means because I don't ever see this stat in soccer. In hockey they have "Shooting percentage" which is based on the number of goals divided by the number of shots taken. But this graphic mentions how many shots on target each player had, so I'm not sure if they are calculating that percentage hockey style or if it is the number of shots on target divided by the number of shots you've taken (including ones that missed the net).

This one.

I know it doesn’t really belong hear but Celik, Yazici and Yilmaz are all starting for Turkey against Italy in the opening game of the Euros.  For anyone missing their Lille fix...

edit:  

And as a side Euro note, Italy having starting a striker named “Immobile” is pretty funny.  

Edited by dyslexic nam