Jonathan David

Vince193

Maybe not Ranieri after all. Lille fans do not seem happy about this possibility and seem to think it's only because he's very cheap. Maybe the penny pinching is truly beginning at Lille. I think this is definitely David's last season with them. Hopefully he can score 20+ and get a move to a top 5 English club.

The tactical moment with Jocelyn Gourvennec: "We can't cheat with the watch" (onzemondial.com)

"For me, they are of two kinds. Defensively, the principles of play rather with a defense at 4, in the zone. I am not closed to 4-4-2, 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, with the zone play and the distribution of roles defensively. Offensively, I prefer that we start from behind, I'm not a fan of the long game with the objective of recovering the second balls. It can sometimes be a solution at the end of the game, but players today want to take an interest in what they are doing. And the coach has to put that in place. It's more about having a game where you go back, you play on the ground and you find a relay with the midfielders to then touch the offensive players and accompany them. What is difficult in football – because all the teams are very well organized and athletically prepared – is to find the spaces in the opponent's back. To be able to achieve this, we have to go a little faster than we did a few years ago. That's why we have a lot of transition play today, because the teams get back on their feet very quickly and are hard to maneuver. This involves tactical work in training. And when you can't maneuver, it's to play on quick transitions as soon as the ball is recovered."

"There are not many differences between 4-2-3-1 and 4-4-2.
The 4-4-2 turns almost into 4-4-1-1. That is to say that the 9.5 below the striker is very important defensively to come back close on the opposing midfielders, and in the use of the ball to play between the lines. The 4-2-3-1, defensively, quickly becomes a 4-4-1-1, because the side players very quickly fall on the line of their midfielders defensively. The 4-4-2 offensively is a 4-2-3-1, with a player under the attacker and outfielders coming in or sticking to the line. Me, I like to have high laterals, with eccentrics that come in and come to fix inside to pose problems to the opponent. After that, you have to have the players to do that. When you start the season, you can build the way you want your squad, but when you take it during the season, you adapt to that squad."

57 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Me, I like to have high laterals, with eccentrics that come in and come to fix inside to pose problems to the opponent. After that, you have to have the players to do that. When you start the season, you can build the way you want your squad, but when you take it during the season, you adapt to that squad."

OMG - sounds like he'll be fully supporting the Ikone & Bamba show, part 2. 

Edited by costarg

2 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

I think David stays at Lille for this year and then by summer transfer window 2022 he leaves Lille. But the question is which clubs would even be interested in him?

Considering the financial state of most EURO clubs, we can limit it to Real Madrid and a few English clubs. 

6 minutes ago, Macksam said:

Considering the financial state of most EURO clubs, we can limit it to Real Madrid and a few English clubs. 

By English clubs I hope my team Arsenal is in the running but Real Madrid I can definitely get behind David going there

Took a peak at a LOSC forum to see what they thought of their new coach.  Most seems reservedly okay with him combined with a little pessimism in regards to repeating what they did last year (but thinking it would be the same if Galtier stayed).  Some make fun of Twitter for freaking out about the appointment. 

Think he will play in similar way to Galtier.

Also, generally not worried about David leaving this season but are about a lot of the rest of the team.

https://www.allezlelosc.fr/forum/

23 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

By English clubs I hope my team Arsenal is in the running but Real Madrid I can definitely get behind David going there

I really hope you're kidding...

There is no adjustment period at Real Madrid. There are no off-games allowed, heck even injuries will get you sold. David should steer clear of Real, now or in the future. Going within the next few years seems like an awful lot like what a certain Frankfurt forward did.

Your transfer fee doesn't matter. Jovic moved for €60 million, and it only took 3 or 4 bad performances for Zidane to decide he had seen enough. Moreover, Real Madrid sign Mbappes, they sign Haalands, they sign Ronaldos, they sign Hazards-- I hope nobody here is under the illusion that David falls into that category. He is a top, top striker, but far from that afore mentioned bunch. A move to Real would probably see him competing with Mbappe and Haaland (one of them will likely be signed), and he would very quickly be relegated to a back-up.

And we seem to be forgetting... he's not an anonymous Brazilian 'wonderkid' who did one Cruyff turn when he was 16, so Papa Perez won't give him a chance!

4 hours ago, SwedishBadMan said:

There is no adjustment period at Real Madrid. There are no off-games allowed, heck even injuries will get you sold. David should steer clear of Real, now or in the future. Going within the next few years seems like an awful lot like what a certain Frankfurt forward did.

Your transfer fee doesn't matter. Jovic moved for €60 million, and it only took 3 or 4 bad performances for Zidane to decide he had seen enough. Moreover, Real Madrid sign Mbappes, they sign Haalands, they sign Ronaldos, they sign Hazards-- I hope nobody here is under the illusion that David falls into that category. He is a top, top striker, but far from that afore mentioned bunch. A move to Real would probably see him competing with Mbappe and Haaland (one of them will likely be signed), and he would very quickly be relegated to a back-up.

And we seem to be forgetting... he's not an anonymous Brazilian 'wonderkid' who did one Cruyff turn when he was 16, so Papa Perez won't give him a chance!

Yes, they have been known to acquire players that they dont need but to prevent a rival club from acquiring them.  The acquired player ends up on the bench obviously.  

6 hours ago, SwedishBadMan said:

I agree with you, but it should also be said that Real Madrid rejects usually find their feet at a pretty high level. Also have to factor in the chance he actually succeeds. 

8 hours ago, SwedishBadMan said:

Don't know, plenty of players get lots of chances at RM. Mariano Diaz has made over 40 appearances in 2 seasons. Jovic made over 20 appearances in a season and a half: his real problem was that he played badly, not that he did not have chances. In any case, he's coming back this year (he's so overweight fans are joking about his gut in memes). Hazard has underperformed terribly. Meanwhile if you look at top quality they have let go, you could think of Reguillon. And who else?

I am not a RM fan but obviously a stint at any of the top 10 clubs in Europe is going to be very positive for you, you are going to learn, you will feel the pressure. You may have quality mentors, better than Yilmaz let's say. I personally think what he has is quality passing, nice hold up, decent runs, work rate, and can score in close. Benzema can't stay like this for many more years.

8 hours ago, SwedishBadMan said:

Which is why clubs like Arsenal, Everton, Tottenham or Leicester City would be ideal fits for David especially in the Premier League should he leave Lille in 2022 and go to the Premier League 

Lille is heralding him being back for training on social media recently.  Everything I have been reading seems to indicate that he is one of the players they are confident in keeping. 

https://twitter.com/losclive/status/1412830318596349955

https://twitter.com/LOSC_EN/status/1412820643461140480

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Lille is heralding him being back for training on social media recently.  Everything I have been reading seems to indicate that he is one of the players they are confident in keeping. 

https://twitter.com/losclive/status/1412830318596349955

https://twitter.com/LOSC_EN/status/1412820643461140480

Great, now they just need to give the boy service this season. 

8 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

A lot will depend on where the other Jonathans end up, I would think.

Agreed - but coaching style will be important as well.  If the new guy just turns them loose to hotdog and blaze shots from 25 yards out, it may be a frustrating season.  But if he wants to make optimal use of the tools at his disposal, he will encourage more link up play.   Time will tell...

12 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Agreed - but coaching style will be important as well.  If the new guy just turns them loose to hotdog and blaze shots from 25 yards out, it may be a frustrating season.  But if he wants to make optimal use of the tools at his disposal, he will encourage more link up play.   Time will tell...

This is the new coach's statement, sounds like he'll use Ikone and Bamba in exactly the same way they played last year.  We shouldn't expect too much change:

Me, I like to have high laterals, with eccentrics that come in and come to fix inside to pose problems to the opponent. After that, you have to have the players to do that. When you start the season, you can build the way you want your squad, but when you take it during the season, you adapt to that squad."

31 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Yes, what I don't understand is that you can be a defensively sound team like Lille were but that doesn't mean you have to be clueless in the final third, the two things don't  have to be mutually exclusive. 

If Lille stay the same, then they’ll be alright. 
If a bunch of guys (like what’s being reported) are sold, I’m predicting they’ll drop out of the top 4.

France football is like English football when it comes to the amount of competitions there is. Lille might be stretched with the added UCL ball. 

I low key want David to be sold from his narcissist team, and into an environment that more suits his game. 

Here’s hoping his teammates respect his runs a lot more this season.

Edited by Shway

20 minutes ago, costarg said:

This is the new coach's statement, sounds like he'll use Ikone and Bamba in exactly the same way they played last year.  We shouldn't expect too much change:

That may be upsetting to some, but David scored 13 goals in basically the second half of the season under such a system.

The first half of the season was a combination of getting adjusted and bad luck in front of goal.

I still think he beats his goal tally from last year by a comfortable margin.