Jonathan David

Vince193

1 hour ago, narduch said:

I think the guy that runs this site assumes the higher seeds advance through the qualifying. So its possible some teams may change.

However Lille is for sure Pot 1.

He does ( the ones with the various asterisks) but there are only six teams that will enter the group stages from qualifying and because of their co-efficients they will all enter either Pot 3 or 4. And a  few unknowns based on the final Saturday 

Some "upsets" and Beskitas and similar might move up a Pot but very little else is changing.  And as you say ( and I said up the thread) Lille is going nowhere because they are champions of a top 6 league. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

He does ( the ones with the various asterisks) but there are only six teams that will enter the group stages from qualifying and because of their co-efficients they will all enter either Pot 3 or 4. And a  few unknowns based on the final Saturday 

Some "upsets" and Beskitas and similar might move up a Pot but very little else is changing.  And as you say ( and I said up the thread) Lille is going nowhere because they are champions of a top 6 league. 

Wow they really changed it to favour the stronger nations.

39 minutes ago, An Observer said:

Yeah. If I was Lille, I would rather been in Pot 2 this year. 

Even if they came in 2nd in the league, they would have been in the last pot because of their coefficient.

I mean if he went to Real Madrid, this move would as big if not bigger than Davies going to Bayern Munich. Because it would basically put Canadian soccer as far as our men's program on an even bigger scale just with that potential move alone if it were to happen. But also think about David's Real Madrid jerseys...they would sell like hot cakes here in Canada. Just by David playing at Real Madrid, he would not only have a chance at Champions League football every year but his game would be able to further evolve playing with the world's best players at that particular club. Also that added allure of playing in El Classico against Barcelona...the rivalry...just getting goosebumps thinking about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone asked, I think in the Aruba thread, how many games David has failed to score for Canada.

Games scored
USVI, Dominica, French Guiana, Martinique, Cuba, Haiti, Cuba, Aruba

Games failed to score
Saint Kitts, Mexico, Cuba, USA, USA

So he has scored in 8 games, and didn't score in 5 games. He had an assist in the Mexico game, and in 5 of the games he scored in.

22 minutes ago, Kent said:

Someone asked, I think in the Aruba thread, how many games David has failed to score for Canada.

Games scored
USVI, Dominica, French Guiana, Martinique, Cuba, Haiti, Cuba, Aruba

Games failed to score
Saint Kitts, Mexico, Cuba, USA, USA

So he has scored in 8 games, and didn't score in 5 games. He had an assist in the Mexico game, and in 5 of the games he scored in.

Another way to look at it is that he has started 10 games and scored 11 goals. 

20 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Anyone else get really nervous when they see a random bump of a David or Davies thread on game day?   I immediately have a panicky feeling that someone was injured in training.  

19 minutes ago, Ngravs said:

I was just here to check if something horrible had happened. SHUT THESE THREADS FOR MY MENTAL HEALTH 

Haha I am glad I am not the only one!