Jonathan David

Vince193

4 hours ago, Markoaleks said:

That is amazing!

I was standing at the top of the section and saw you and your son walk down. Having just found out at the time that my wife was pregnant with our first child I was very happy that you guys got that opportunity. And from seeing the picture it looks like an amazing moment that I can’t wait to hopefully replicate with my kids!

The Canadian soccer community is very small and the players have always been very approachable because of that. You have to think that as the players and team grow, moments like these, where $100M players climb into the stands to see friends, family and fans after games will be fewer and far between.

A little off topic but this reminds me of the last time Canada played at Saputo stadium (you know that game that all the fans went home in a couple of taxis 😀). During pre game warm up Davies was sitting at the end of bench (outside of the bubble) about 6' away from me, I called out to him a couple of times (wanted to take a selfie) but did not respond to me.☹️

42 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

A little off topic but this reminds me of the last time Canada played at Saputo stadium (you know that game that all the fans went home in a couple of taxis 😀). During pre game warm up Davies was sitting at the end of bench (outside of the bubble) about 6' away from me, I called out to him a couple of times (wanted to take a selfie) but did not respond to me.☹️

Good he was focused on the game not some rando fan harassing him.  😜

15 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

I was standing at the top of the section and saw you and your son walk down. Having just found out at the time that my wife was pregnant with our first child I was very happy that you guys got that opportunity. And from seeing the picture it looks like an amazing moment that I can’t wait to hopefully replicate with my kids!

The Canadian soccer community is very small and the players have always been very approachable because of that. You have to think that as the players and team grow, moments like these, where $100M players climb into the stands to see friends, family and fans after games will be fewer and far between.

24 hours later and still can’t get over you remembering this photo being taken. Still amazing 

His first Can MNT game live to see was at BMO versus Equador June 2011, 2-2 draw with mostly Equador support at BMO 

My first game live was In Edmonton in 1994 vs Northern Ireland- not to get too preachy here ( but I will l) 

‘time flies as it seems like those events were yesterday ! 

Well you have already certain stars leaving Real Madrid this summer but also they are trying to bring people in too. But I wonder if David would even fit into their plans at Real Madrid especially given how their club president is? Or if he would even be a good fit within their squad

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, frmr said:

Sounds like Claudio Ranieri will be taking the helm at Lille. Interesting appointment if so!

Not really a slightly positive lukewarm/so-so emoji so thanks for the information. 

Seems generally a class guy and no reason to think he can't maintain a decent level unless they lose a bunch more of their players and don't replace them well.   But a treading water move maybe.  Not a guy you are looking to build a long term project with, I would think.  But he went from Tinkerman to Premier League hero in one season, so what do I know. 

At Sampdoria, think I remember him playing Quagliarella and Gabbiadini together or a midfielder, just behind one of them, so I don't think a massively different system for David.  The other Jonathans are rumoured to be off, so it could work.  Leicester were amazing in transition, David can do that as well, if he has different pieces around him.  ie. those that pass in transition. 

Interesting as said. 

16 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

David not in our Gold Cup squad I mean I get it especially if he is going to be with his squad Lille for pre season. But here is hoping he comes back for our squad for Octagonal in September.

He will be. This is a huge year for David as he needs to take the next step this season. How club will be looking at selling him best summer. 

9 hours ago, Ottawafan74 said:

He will be. This is a huge year for David as he needs to take the next step this season. How club will be looking at selling him best summer. 

But I wonder which clubs will end up being interested in him?

Edited by TGAA_Star
X