General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

5 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Sadly, it looks like most people's "unacceptable" option is our best case scenario, and it goes downhill from there...

Hoping that the friendly (ies) will be announced at the same time as the 40 man roster......crosses fingers and toes.

They are separate problems my friend. 

We're not asking just for more games. Its the prep games, the trial friendly games for players to attempt to stake their claim. 

During the nation's league i think we should still at least attempt to schedule friendlies. It's pretty amateurish how we operate. 

6 hours ago, Corazon said:

Thanks for spotting.  Had the 3 & 6 mixed up.

It was nice to see a young CB listed with so many minutes played. I was a little disappointed when I realized it was probably a typo. He could break 1000 min if he keeps playing at this frequency which is much more than I would have expected at the beginning of the season.

I have been very surprised with how much time the 3 Canadian MLS teams have been giving to Canadians this season. All of the generally start 2-4 and have another couple on the bench.

Vancouver - Henry, Teibert, and Crepeau are starters and Cornelius and Levis are in the 18 when healthy.

Montreal - Piette will likely play 90' every game all season. ZBG, Shome, and Bayiha have all started several games, and they even had 6 Canadian starts in one match.

Toronto - Osorio is the only starter in TFCs ideal 11, but with injuries 5 others have all had a start, including Layrea who has been a pleasant surprise. When is the last time Toronto gave an opportunity to a Canadian who couldn't make it on a US MLS team?

Orlando is basically Canadian with all the snowbirds down there. Starting Akindele, Millar, and Johnson they are doing a great job giving Canadians playing time.

Canadians in MLS

LAFC - MAK got his regular minutes.

Montreal - Piette, Shome, ZBG, AJH & Choiniere all saw minutes this week.

New England - Buchanan came off the bench again.

Orlando City - Miller saw some minutes and both Johnson & Tesho started both games.  Johnson assist & Tesho 2 goals.  Ranjitsignh got a midweek start.

Toronto FC - Osorio & Hamilton started both games and Morgan got a start as well.  Chapman came off the bench twice.

Vancouver - Crepeau, Henry & Teibert all started and Cornelius came off the bench and scored a late goal.

Updated

Edited by Corazon

Canadians in MLS

Vancouver Whitecaps - Cornelius starts and plays 180 min over two games this week, Levis started and played 45 min in the midweek game.  Bair saw his first action of the season.  Both Teibert and Crepeau rested midweek before playing full 90 in their win this weekend.

Orlando City - Johnson plays full 90 and Tesho plays 56 in their 1-0 loss.

LAFC - MAK goes full 90 in win over Montreal.

Montreal - Shome plays full 90 and Choiniere plays 49 off the bench and AJH played the last 13 minutes in their loss to LAFC.

Chicago - Raheem Edwards goes full 90 in his return from injury.

New England - Buchanan starts again and plays the first 58 minutes.

Toronto FC - Morgan, Fraser & Laryea all start and play full 90.  Both Hamilton & Chapman came off the bench.  Laryea started out wide in the midfield before moving to right back.  In my opinion the best player on the field for Toronto and scored their only goal.

Edited by Corazon

@Corazon Thanks for the update - it seems to me that we have more Canadians playing this year than we did last year at the same time. Importantly, for me, is also the fact that the top 5 in player minutes are solid CNT contributors (and not over the hill players on the decline) and the next 5 (and 11-15) include some exciting young prospects. And kudos to TFC for playing 5 Canadians the other night - we're getting there.

Edited by BCM

Canadians in MLS

Chicago - Raheem Edwards starts one game and comes off the bench for the other.

Dallas - Montgomery remains on the bench.

LAFC - MAK goes full 90 on the weekend.

Minnesota - St Clair the back up in both games this week.

Montreal - Piette starts both games.  Shome starts one game and gets assist and also comes off the bench for the other game.  Choiniere and AJH each start one game.  ZBG comes off the bench in both games.

New England - Buchanan comes off the bench in the final minutes.

Orlando - Johnson & Akindele each go full 90 and each scoring a goal this weekend.  Miller remains on the bench.

Toronto - Fraser looks good going the full 90.  Laryea starts but goes off injured along with Mavinga (Vancouver turf!!!). Hamilton comes off the bench while both Chapman and Morgan remain on the bench.  Osorio remains out injured.

Vancouver - Cornelius, Crepeau & Teibert all start.  Levis & Bair remain on the bench.  Henry remains out injured.

Edited by Corazon

Canadians in MLS

Many MLS teams off this past week.

Montreal - Piette & ZBG away with CMNT.  Shome started and Kinumbe got his first minutes of the season with a start.  AJH came on late as a sub.  Youngsters Yao & Ricci remained on the bench.

Toronto - Osorio away with CMNT.  Laryea went 87 min and Fraser played the full 90 again.  Chapman, Hamilton & Telfer all came off the bench.  Telfer getting his first MLS minutes of the season and providing the assist on Hamilton's goal.

Dallas - Montgomery remained on the bench once again for Dallas.

Minnesota - St Clair remained on the bench as backup for Minnesota.

Edited by Corazon

I don't know where to put this, so I will drop it here.

it says a lot about the exciting things going on in Canadian footy that I just found out that Hazard went to Real Madrid by bumping into it on my FB feed.  That would have been something I was all over in years past, but with the WWC, GC, and CPL, I am so focused on local footy that I haven't paid any attention to European silly season.

good stuff.

MLS salary numbers are out and I find it interesting that our guys make significantly less than the other CONCACAF nations national team players.  We have only two guys who make over $200k (Johnson and Osorio).  Looking around the league Piette and Kaye should be settling for no less than $450k+ on their next deals.

The lack of success of our country over the past decades has a significant impact on salary and recognition by the football world.  The rest of the world thinks we are shite and as a result our players are not given the credit or respect they deserve.  I trust that it is slowly and surely changing and with a good run in the gold cup, nations league and the WCQ our players will be paid and moving onward and upwards to better leagues.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright CMNT now have to focus on WCQ it's getting closer.

I want to see more games for CMNT a lot of games.

Herdman needs to improve as a coach and stop the experimenting Davies at LB. CMNT got a few LB that should be options before Davies. As a coach he has to drop one attacker for that LB. Davies, David, Hoillet, and etc one of them can start on the bench. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2019 at 9:09 PM, Scorpion26 said:

Alright CMNT now have to focus on WCQ it's getting closer.

I want to see more games for CMNT a lot of games.

Herdman needs to improve as a coach and stop the experimenting Davies at LB. CMNT got a few LB that should be options before Davies. As a coach he has to drop one attacker for that LB. Davies, David, Hoillet, and etc one of them can start on the bench. 

Bayern will make davies a lb.