General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

1 hour ago, red card said:

These aren't akin to posters in the breakroom (except for More Atibas, More Often). This is about telling your whole organization about what you stand for, where you're heading and how you'll get there. Basically, it tells everyone where to spend the calories human and moneywise.

Those posters in our meeting room started off as powerpoints by upper management at AGM's in Houston. Just like that page of slogans is going to turn into posters in the locker room.

I'm all for the CSA acting more professionally, but shouldn't that come from the top? Herdman's basically the bottom rung of the org. Steven Reed should be delivering the mission statement and those below should be following through with competent hires, more scouting, more games etc. 

Edited by jpg75

3 hours ago, red card said:

These aren't akin to posters in the breakroom (except for More Atibas, More Often). This is about telling your whole organization about what you stand for, where you're heading and how you'll get there. Basically, it tells everyone where to spend the calories human and moneywise.

Developing these type of statements is part of good leadership, and the road to good products, relevant marketing and well-received branding. 

We all have complained about the CSA not being managed properly. This placemat shows they're finally showing they're at least starting to think like a professional org. 

Under Montopoli the CSA was not perfect but run better than I can ever remember it being run. I see every sign of it reverting to the poor ways it was run before, no friendlies, a poor shirt design. strange firing of someone who appeared to be doing a good job, the hiring of an insider without a very impressive CV to replace him, no consequences to the coaching staff for the poor performance at the U20, tv broadcast for a home game announce the week of the match, etc.

21 minutes ago, goleafs67 said:

TSN broadcast during game just now said a couple of friendlies expected before Gold Cup.

Guess that unasked question last night at the gathering is answered hah

Heard that too, only concern is that Wileman kept talking about today being Atibas last match on Canadian soil before retiring after the GC so if he does know anything it seems like these games will be neutral site. All speculation though.

Edited by BuzzAndSting

1 hour ago, Vince193 said:

In the commentary it was mentioned Canada would be scheduling some Pre-GC friendlies.

Hope there's at least 2 games just prior to the Gold Cup. Would like a game played in a Latin country (maybe Bolivia or Peru) and 1 at home. Lots of travel (so unlikely) but it's doable and would be useful

Edited by matty
blah forgot it was march

5 minutes ago, matty said:

Hope there's at least 3 games, 2 in March and 1 just prior to the Gold Cup. Would like a game played in a Latin country (maybe Bolivia or Peru) in June but a pair of home games (1 in Toronto, 1 in Vancouver)

Well we aren't going to get another one in March as the international window comes to an end unless you plan on using CPL based players and the odd out of season European league players.

I would hope for a 30 man squad for at least 2 friendlies come end of May / beginning of June.  Even if a few of those 30 players are just called for some training with the squad.

Edited by Corazon

15 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Well we aren't going to get another one in March as the international window comes to an end unless you plan on using CPL based players and the odd out of season European league players.

I would hope for a 30 man squad for at least 2 friendlies come end of May / beginning of June.  Even if a few of those 30 players are just called for some training with the squad.

i know i edited it and admitted i forgot it was march

5 hours ago, goleafs67 said:

TSN broadcast during game just now said a couple of friendlies expected before Gold Cup.

Guess that unasked question last night at the gathering is answered hah

In Herdman's press conference as well he talked about preparing before the Gold Cup and how some matches are needed so everything is suggesting that Canada Soccer will organize a friendly or two 

I hope their official though not just like closed door, scrimmages on training pitches like the one in 2017 vs Nicaragua in Florida when OZ was in charge 

Edited by Thomas

14 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

I hope these pre-Gold Cup friendlies are announced soon now that we've officially qualified.......the US and Jamaica aren't waiting for the draw to announce that they are playing each other pre-Gold Cup:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/03/26/report-us-national-team-host-jamaica-june-friendly-audi-field-dc

I wouldn't be shocked that Jamaica was already confirmed to be in Group C if they qualify. 

11 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

I hope these pre-Gold Cup friendlies are announced soon now that we've officially qualified.......the US and Jamaica aren't waiting for the draw to announce that they are playing each other pre-Gold Cup:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/03/26/report-us-national-team-host-jamaica-june-friendly-audi-field-dc

Technically that's not an announcement, but you're right that it would be nice to hear something soon.

I thought I would quickly put together the 2019 MLS player stats for Canadians.  I hope I included all and even some potential dual nationals.  It will be interesting to see how these numbers progress throughout the season.  Players are listed in order of minutes played so far in the 2019 MLS season

2019 Canadian MLS Player Stats

Player                                   Team                    Position                    GP     GS     MP     G     A

Samuel Piette                      Montreal                  DM                        7        7      630     0      0

Doneil Henry                        Vancouver                CB                        6        6      540     1      0

Mark Anthony Kaye            Los Angeles         DM/LB                     6        6      504     2      2

Jonathan Osorio                 Toronto                AM/CM                     5        5      435     1      3

Will Johnson                        Orlando                     CM                       4         4      291     0     0

Kamal Miller                         Orlando                      CB                       3         3      270     0     0

Tesho Akindele                    Orlando                   ST/W                     4         4      244     2     1

Russell Teibert                    Vancouver              CM/DM                  3         3      228      0     0

Mathieu Choiniere              Montreal                     CM                      5         1      172     0     0

Shamit Shome                     Montreal                    CM                      3         2      150      0     0

Jordan Hamilton                 Toronto                       ST                       2         2      142     1     0

Clement Bayiha                   Montreal                  RB/RW                  3         1      139      0     0

Jay Chapman                      Toronto                       CM                      5         1       126      1     2

Derek Cornelius                   Vancouver                  CB                      2         2      121      0     0

Ayo Akinola                          Toronto                       ST                       4         1      121      1     1

A Jackson-Hamel               Montreal                      ST                      4         1        98       0     0

Z Brault-Guillard                  Montreal                      RB                      2         1        95       0     0

Richie Laryea                       Toronto                RW/RB/CM              1         1        61       0     0       

Raheem Edwards                Chicago                    LW/LB                  1         0       55        1     0

Tajon Buchanan                  New England               ST                      3        0        38       0      0

Ashtone Morgan                 Toronto                          LB                     1         0       15        0     0

Callum Montgomery          Dallas                            CB

Dejan Jakovic                      Los Angeles                 CB

Liam Fraser                          Toronto                         DM

Noble Okello                        Toronto                          DM

Julian Dunn                          Toronto                          CB

David Norman Jr.                Vancouver                     CM

Theo Bair                              Vancouver                      ST

Simon Colyn                         Vancouver                     AM

Brett Levis                             Vancouver                     LB

Michael Baldisimo               Vancouver                    DM

Brian Wright                          New England (Loaned to Birmingham Legion)

Ryan Telfair                           Toronto (Loaned to York9)

Aidan Daniels                        Toronto (Loaned to Ottawa Fury)

Daniel Kinumbe                     Montreal (Loaned to Ottawa Fury)

T Meuilleur-Giguere              Montreal (Loaned to Ottawa Fury)

Goalkeepers                         Team                               GP       GS     MP   SV   GA

Maxime Crepeau                 Vancouver                       6           6     540    18   10

Dayne St Clair                      Minnesota             

James Pantemis                 Montreal                  

Jason Beaulieu                    Montreal         

Greg Ranjitsingh                  Orlando   

Thomas Hasal                     Vancouver

Sean Melvin                          Vancouver

Edited by Corazon

Thanks for doing this!  Miss the Canadian Power Rankings - are those no longer being calculated.  Believe it was done by Steven Sandor on one of the Canadian soccer sites.  It is interesting to compare the number of minutes Canadians are getting in MLS and USL ... from year to year.

Sandor's site (the11.ca) hasn't been updated in 4 weeks. He did tabulate minutes played in North American leagues the last few years. I wonder if he is taking some time off, perhaps to be able to be fresh once the CPL and in particular FC Edmonton season starts. Hopefully he's not giving up on it.

25 minutes ago, Kent said:

Sandor's site (the11.ca) hasn't been updated in 4 weeks. He did tabulate minutes played in North American leagues the last few years. I wonder if he is taking some time off, perhaps to be able to be fresh once the CPL and in particular FC Edmonton season starts. Hopefully he's not giving up on it.

I noticed he’s doing writing on the CPL app